Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

More Sunni to Shia converts? Or Shia to Sunni?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

:bismillah:

Salam un Alaykum!

I was wondering if any of the brothers/sisters have a statistic or sorts of the topic labeled above

PS: I have heard more people convert to Tashayyu (I could be wrong), but then again it is only normal for the minor sect to get more converts

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
18 minutes ago, MaisumAli said:

:bismillah:

Salam un Alaykum!

I was wondering if any of the brothers/sisters have a statistic or sorts of the topic labeled above

PS: I have heard more people convert to Tashayyu (I could be wrong), but then again it is only normal for the minor sect to get more converts

what is tashayyu?

• Development Team

Below is the list of only few famous personalities. There are lots of people converting to shi'ism everyday. Many are on Shiachat. 

https://uncoveredsunnism.wordpress.com/2020/04/07/sunni-shia-converts/

Edit:

https://theshiiteoffensive.blogspot.com/2020/04/a-list-of-some-sunni-to-shia-converts.html?m=1

Edited by Sirius_Bright
Added another list
  • Advanced Member

I would argue that with scholars and readily available on the internet, that more Sunnis become Shia. I’ve met so many educated Sunnis who left Sunnism because they couldn’t find answers. The ones who stay they say play mental gymnastics

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

I feel it's 50/50 I spend alot of time in Shia and Sunni mosques. I find the difference is that the Sunni to Shia is well known as Shia community are smaller and everyone knows everyone. Where as Shia to Sunni slip under the radar due to the large jamaats. It's only after talking to them directly by chance or asking specifically that you find out.

Edited by Warilla
  • Advanced Member
32 minutes ago, Warilla said:

I feel it's 50/50 I spend alot of time in Shia and Sunni mosques. I find the difference is that the Sunni to Shia is well known as Shia community are smaller and everyone knows everyone. Where as Shia to Sunni slip under the radar due to the large jamaats. It's only after talking to them directly by chance or asking specifically that you find out.

Thanks for your input!