Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The Prophet 'Isma'il (عليه السلام), the one who was not the son of Prophet Ibrahim (عليه السلام)

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Bismillah i Rahman i Raheem

Assalaam o 'Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah i Wa Barakaatuh

I recall listening to a Majlis where the speaker mentioned the story of Prophet 'Isma'il (عليه السلام), but not the son of Prophet Ibrahim (عليه السلام), rather another prophet with the same name. The story goes that the people he preached to put him through severe suffering (of which I will not go in the details here unless asked to) and an angel descended and asked him if he would like to curse these people. The Prophet 'Isma'il (عليه السلام) replied that he does not want that, and instead just wants his name to be among the names of the martyrs of Karbala.

Recently, I tried to find out who this Prophet was, and I think he might be Prophet 'Isma'il (Sadiq al-wa'd) (عليه السلام), he was listed separate from Prophet 'Isma'il (عليه السلام) son of Prophet Ibrahim (عليه السلام) on wikishia's page on prophets. I tried to find out more through this, but I could only find this link: http://ahlulbaytportal.net/en.php/page,28246A64432.html?PHPSESSID=58ec25b69e6a9ae5178275b1184e81b1

The link cannot be accessed unfortunately.

So my first question, can anyone help me in learning more about this Prophet 'Isma'il (عليه السلام)?

My second question, is this prophet in fact Prophet 'Isma'il (Sadiq al-wa'd) (عليه السلام)?

I would appreciate any and all help, this is a very interesting topic to me since I am fascinated by the history of Islam as well, and would like to spread knowledge to my family about this.

JazakAllah

Wa 'Alaikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullah i Wa Barakaatuh

Edited by MuhammadAqdas110

• Advanced Member

MAJOR UPDATE!!!!

It turns out the link does work and it's just that it was blocked in my country and the VPNs and proxies I used were not working!

This Prophet, who might be the son of Prophet Dhu Al-Kifl (عليه السلام) is indeed this very Prophet! And I made a terrible mistake in my account, may God and those who read this forgive me for it, Prophet 'Isma'il (Sadiq al-wa'd) (عليه السلام) did not wish to be among those martyrs, he wished to be returned to the world with Imam Ab'abdillah Syed us Shuhada (عليه السلام) with Raj'a! For those who also cannot access the link, here is the information it had:

Ismael Sadiq al-Wa’d

God mentioned in the Quran the name of prophet whose name was Ismael and described him as "truthful to the promise" (Sadiq al-Wa’d). He is not Abraham's son but he is another prophet that some traditions have called him the son of Ezekiel.

The prophet was sent to a city, but people denied him and cut his face. An angel of God assigned to punish that nation. The angel came to Ismael and said to him: "If you want, God would punish your nation because of what they did to you."

Ismail said to the angel: "I do not need this punishment. I follow Hussein ibn Ali and will be patient on their work."

Angel said to him: "So what do you want?"

Ismael said: "My Lord you said to your servants believe in Prophet Mohammad and his successors and told them what the nation of Prophet Mohammad will do with Hussein ibn Ali."

"You promised to get his revenge by returning him to the world again (Rajat). Now I want to come back with him to get his revenge."

God accepted his request and he will come back.

Truthful to the promise

He called "truthful to the promise" (Sadiq al-Wa’d) because he was being honest about his own promise. Once He had an appointment with a person but he forgot and the Prophet stayed for a year on the promise.

Alhumdulillah, I have found a good lead! Thank you to everyone who took time to read this topic and even tried to help!

Edited by MuhammadAqdas110
Typos