Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Advanced Member

Bismillah i Rahman i Raheem

Assalaam o 'Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah i Wa Barakaatuh

I am currently a student in high school. I've had an interest in mathematics and physics, but I may not be able to pursue that interest due to some past incidents where some cruel people sabotaged my academics and due to some other financial issues. My life plan was to initially study these two subjects and then after that attend the Hawza at Najaf and study the faith there. However, it seems unlikely for this to be the case, so I have been thinking about turning the plan on its head, such that I study at Hawza e Najaf instead first, and if I live long enough, study physics and mathematics at some institution separately. I am aware of how different life will be if I choose to live in Najaf and how I'll need to make a living there, especially due to language issues considering I am from Pakistan, and my understanding of arabic/farsi is essentially absolutely zero, but I have heard it isn't impossible to live there even with these issues.

I write this post in seeking guidance as to how to apply to the Hawza, how to essentially get admitted there, and study there. I would sincerely appreciate this help.

JazakAllah

Wa 'Alaikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullah i Wa Barakaatuh

Edited by MuhammadAqdas110
Clarity
  • Advanced Member

Should probably contact your local Imam for help.

I know Al-Mustafa doesn't take men from South Asia without a valid degree and you need a very strong influence if you need to go there without one. 

Don't know what's the qualification required for Najaf though

• Advanced Member
54 minutes ago, Hassu93 said:

Should probably contact your local Imam for help.

I know Al-Mustafa doesn't take men from South Asia without a valid degree and you need a very strong influence if you need to go there without one. 

Don't know what's the qualification required for Najaf though

I did stumble across a few websites and programs talking about Hawza e Najaf and how they helped people get enrolled. What are your thoughts on this? http://www.najaf.org/english/?&art_id=1005

I really hope it won't be difficult to pull this off haha, I am very very attached to and fascinated by my faith.

• Advanced Member
48 minutes ago, MuhammadAqdas110 said:

I did stumble across a few websites and programs talking about Hawza e Najaf and how they helped people get enrolled. What are your thoughts on this? http://www.najaf.org/english/?&art_id=1005

I really hope it won't be difficult to pull this off haha, I am very very attached to and fascinated by my faith.

I really don't have much idea about Najaf. But it's isn't a good place for a beginner. But Najaf is amazing for advanced studies but doesn't really have infrastructure or resources for a beginner. You might not really get the best places or conditions to live either. 

You should probably get a easy degree if you're really interested to go to Iran or Iraq get into Al-Mustafa complete your first set of studies and then move to Najaf. 

But again you need to be somewhat financially dependent on someone or have a business back home to be able to study in either of those places. The economy in both these countries is bad and the stipend you get is peanuts. It won't even meet your basic needs like buying clothes, doctor visits etc. 

Ps- My sister studies in Iran and has stayed in Madarsas in Iraq when she went there for Arbaeen. I also have 4  male friends, 2 of whom I'm in constant contact with who study there. 

Edited by Hassu93
  • Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Hassu93 said:

I really don't have much idea about Najaf. But it's isn't a good place for a beginner. But Najaf is amazing for advanced studies but doesn't really have infrastructure or resources for a beginner. You might not really get the best places or conditions to live either. 

You should probably get a easy degree if you're really interested to go to Iran or Iraq get into Al-Mustafa complete your first set of studies and then move to Najaf. 

But again you need to be somewhat financially dependent on someone or have a business back home to be able to study in either of those places. The economy in both these countries is bad and the stipend you get is peanuts. It won't even meet your basic needs like buying clothes, doctor visits etc. 

Ps- My sister studies in Iran and has stayed in Madarsas in Iraq when she went there for Arbaeen. I also have 4  male friends, 2 of whom I'm in constant contact with who study there. 

Really? I thought they were comparable in terms of the level of knowledge they'd give after reading about them.

Now how exactly to go about enrollment...

And yes I've heard about the stipend. Unfortunately I don't exactly have much money, so it seems I'll have to work odd jobs or something, which is really fine since I am doing so the learn in the way of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, MuhammadAqdas110 said:

Really? I thought they were comparable in terms of the level of knowledge they'd give after reading about them.

Now how exactly to go about enrollment...

And yes I've heard about the stipend. Unfortunately I don't exactly have much money, so it seems I'll have to work odd jobs or something, which is really fine since I am doing so the learn in the way of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

Najaf as I said is the best for higher studies but it's very hard for a beginner. In Iran they teach you Persian from the scratch and Arabic also from scratch.

My sister now receives money which is worth 450 Indian rupees every month and sometimes they delay a lot in giving that to them.

• Advanced Member
28 minutes ago, Hassu93 said:

Najaf as I said is the best for higher studies but it's very hard for a beginner. In Iran they teach you Persian from the scratch and Arabic also from scratch.

My sister now receives money which is worth 450 Indian rupees every month and sometimes they delay a lot in giving that to them.

Hmm, then I guess Iran it is, Qom I believe. Now I need to find a way to enroll.

Definitely will have to work there now. :grin: