Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Wearing clothing and buying clothes from oppressive countries

Rate this topic

Labbayka

• Advanced Member

So as we know the issue in China with the Uighur is quite bad. I was in H&M the other day and avoided buying any clothes made in China. I also have jacket made in Burma but I’m debating whether ai should wear it or not? What is the hadiths saying in this case?

10 hours ago, Labbayka said:

So as we know the issue in China with the Uighur is quite bad. I was in H&M the other day and avoided buying any clothes made in China. I also have jacket made in Burma but I’m debating whether ai should wear it or not? What is the hadiths saying in this case?

In the Shari’ah it is totally permitted to do business with the enemy, apart from selling them weapons that will be used against the Muslims.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member
On 1/13/2021 at 1:37 AM, hasanhh said:

Two BBC articles:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55638566   -Uyghur-picked cotton

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55555270   -Uyghur forced-labor

The situation was already pretty bad, but they are really pushing the envelope in these detention camps. Now they have these cotton factories built inside these camps. So they pull these Muslims off the street and put them into a camp outside of their will. Now they're constructing factories inside these camps. 

Unbelievable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

'Xinjiang cotton is my love': Patriots on show at China Fashion Week

By Cate CadellNanlin Fang

3 MIN READ

BEIJING (Reuters) - Designer Zhou Li took to the stage amid applause following her runway show at China Fashion Week with a prop that has political overtones: a bouquet of cotton plants.

“As far as I’m concerned, I think Xinjiang cotton is my sweetheart, my love, which is to say I’m very grateful it has brought me such happiness,” Zhou, 56, told Reuters after her show on Tuesday in Beijing.

“For our Chinese designs, I’m certainly right to support the Xinjiang people,” she said.

H&M, Burberry, Adidas and Nike are among those hit by consumer boycotts in China after their comments on alleged human rights abuses in Xinjiang resurfaced on Chinese social media last week.

“First of all, as everyone knows, these are false statements (from the brands)”, 19-year old fashion model Zhao Yinuo said outside the event. “But of course I can’t comment too much on this because it involves political issues.”

“I have a sense of national pride,” she said.

“I can’t believe our Chinese Communist Party would ever do such a thing,” said a 19-year old student surnamed Li at the fashion event. “Our nation is very united.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-xinjiang-fashion-week/xinjiang-cotton-is-my-love-patriots-on-show-at-china-fashion-week-idUSKBN2BO48B

• Advanced Member

Xinjiang the musical sings to Beijing's tune of ethnic unity

Last week, celebrities, tech brands and state media -- whipped up by outrage on China's tightly controlled social media -- piled in on several global fashion brands who have raised concerns over forced labour and refused to source cotton from Xinjiang.

Sweden's H&M was the worst-hit and on Wednesday attempted to limit the damage in its fourth-largest market.

The clothing giant issued a statement saying it wanted to regain the trust of people in China, but the message was greeted with scorn on the Twitter-like Weibo platform, where 35 million people shared the fashion chain's comments.

The pushback has taken on a pop culture edge, with a rap released this week castigating "lies" by the "Western settlers" about cotton from the region, while state broadcaster CGTN is set to release a documentary on the unrest that prompted the Beijing crackdown.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210403-xinjiang-the-musical-sings-to-beijing-s-tune-of-ethnic-unity

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

I listen to Iran leader on muslims in China. I never listen to western media when it comes to Iran, Russia, and China and in general anything related to east. I don't really know what happens in Uighur, but I heard some say they are Wahabi like ISIS, some say different. I listen to IRan official notes only(I dont know about their policy on uighur). 

Edited by Quran313