Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ali (عليه السلام) talked to Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) At Miraaj (Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) talked to Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) through Ali (عليه السلام)) - Is it Authentic?

Rate this topic

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم heard the footsteps of sayyidina Bilal b. Rabah رضى الله عنه in Jannah during a Mi’raj. Of course, these Mi’raj of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم were not physical, but spiritual ascensions and powerful visions.

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Cherub786 said:

Of course, these Mi’raj of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم were not physical, but spiritual ascensions and powerful visions.

Yes, you can ascend to heavens by mounting on vessels (space crafts) but Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) cannot take His messenger to Mi'raj because according to you, humans cannot ascend to heavens. 

It is nothing but a denial of God's Almightiness. 

17 hours ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

Do we have such narrations?

Yes, we do have many infact. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

wa 'alaykum assalam,

There is such a narration, however it is has a very problematic chain of narration.

You can find previous threads in which it has been discussed.

well i couldn't find any.

i saw mirza eng saying its weak according to shias

Edited by Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi
  • Advanced Member
Just now, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

Are they authentic?

I am not the expert of ilm ul rijal brother to give any verdict for that. What I have read is that many scholars believe that these reports are authentic. 

Whether he was Ali (عليه السلام) himself or an Angel who was in the shape of Ali (عليه السلام), it is a different debate and a complex one too.

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Many? Present three, with their primary sources

:bismillah:

لَقَدْ رَأَىٰ مِنْ آيَاتِ رَبِّهِ الْكُبْرَىٰ 

53:18

In the explanation of this verse, I did go through two ahadith mentioned by Tafsir Al-Qummi & one by Al-Kafi mentioning that Imam Ali (عليه السلام) is the greatest sign (أيت الكبرى) and he is the greatest news (نباء العظيم). 

And as far as I remember there is another in Al-Kafi mentioning the Image of Ali (عليه السلام) showed to Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). And there are others too which mentions the appearance of an Angel in the shape of Imam Ali (عليه السلام).