Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is Iblees Asexual? Non-sexed?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

سلام

I'm currently reading a book called, Sexuality in Islam. It's written by a Sunni author. 

There's a claim in it, which is linked to Sunni hadith narrations, stating that Iblees is an asexual/non-sexed being, who was very jealous of Adam due to Adam having a sexual organ.

In addition, apparently, Adam's penis was the first organ that was created and gifted to him. 

Do our narrations support any of these claims? 

Thank you

• Advanced Member
15 minutes ago, SoRoUsH said:

سلام

I'm currently reading a book called, Sexuality in Islam. It's written by a Sunni author. 

There's a claim in it, which is linked to Sunni hadith narrations, stating that Iblees is an asexual/non-sexed being, who was very jealous of Adam due to Adam having a sexual organ.

In addition, apparently, Adam's penis was the first organ that was created and gifted to him. 

Thank you

I don't know specifics but the Quran does say he has a tribe or a family: 

Indeed, he sees you, he and his tribe, from where you do not see them.  Al-'Araf 27

Arabic words used: Qabila and Dhureya in this ayat.

Translation of words: 'Tribe' and 'Seed' or 'Offspring'

http://corpus.quran.com/qurandictionary.jsp?q=*rr

@Allah Seeker

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

who was very jealous of Adam due to Adam having a sexual organ.

I think this is where he is contradicting with the verses of Qur'an. 

He was proud not jealous. 

أَسْتَكْبَرْتَ أَمْ كُنتَ مِنَ الْعَالِينَ

38:75

قَالَ أَنَاْ خَيْرٌ مِّنْهُ خَلَقْتَنِي مِن نَّارٍ وَخَلَقْتَهُ مِن طِينٍ

7:12 

Second point would be his knowledge, how he figured out what Adam (عليه السلام) is going to do with that organ? Hawwa was created afterwards and they both lived for a period of time in jannah without feeling the need of sexual intercourse. When Adam & Eve ate from prohibited tree, their private parts exposed to them:

فَأَكَلَا مِنْهَا فَبَدَتْ لَهُمَا سَوْآتُهُمَا وَطَفِقَا يَخْصِفَانِ عَلَيْهِمَا مِن وَرَقِ الْجَنَّةِ 

20:121

• Veteran Member
On 10/1/2020 at 12:09 PM, El Cid said:

Arabic words used: Qabila and Dhureya in this ayat.

There's no Dhureyya in this verse. Are you thinking of a different verse? 

قبیلة or tribe doesn't necessarily imply jinn offspring. Its scope is wider and can include "followers" or "like-minded others."

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, SoRoUsH said:

قبیلة or tribe doesn't necessarily imply jinn offspring. Its scope is wider and can include "followers" or "like-minded others."

I just repeated the post of the Brother whom I tagged in my post in this topic, I thought He'd expand on this as he explained an ayat related to "children of the Devil" in this topic: 

• Veteran Member
On 10/1/2020 at 4:35 PM, Cool said:

without feeling the need of sexual intercourse.

How do you know this? There's no indication that this was the case. Any narration or verse to support this claim?

• Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, SoRoUsH said:

18:50 do mentions the offspring of Jinn.

And 55:56 mentions Hories/Women never touched by Men & Jinns before.

I don't know how the reproduce. But they have interests in opposite sex as per 55:56.

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Cool said:

18:50 do mentions the offspring of Jinn.

And 55:56 mentions Hories/Women never touched by Men & Jinns before.

I don't know how the reproduce. But they have interests in opposite sex as per 55:56.

Salaam

وَإِذْ قُلْنَا لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ اسْجُدُوا لِآدَمَ فَسَجَدُوا إِلَّا إِبْلِيسَ كَانَ مِنَ الْجِنِّ فَفَسَقَ عَنْ أَمْرِ رَبِّهِ ۗ أَفَتَتَّخِذُونَهُ وَذُرِّيَّتَهُ أَوْلِيَاءَ مِن دُونِي وَهُمْ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ ۚ بِئْسَ لِلظَّالِمِينَ بَدَلًا - 18:50

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

Salaam, dhureya is in reference to verse 50 of suret kahf

• Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, Cool said:

And 55:56 mentions Hories/Women never touched by Men & Jinns before

This verse can be used as proof to show that there is an sexual element in jinn just like ins. Otherwise the word 'touch' wouldn't be grouped together in the same sexual context like that. 

• Advanced Member
9 minutes ago, SoRoUsH said:

How do you know this?

Its an idea which originated from a question of mine, please don't take it as interpretation. And that personal idea is based on the verse 20:121

فَأَكَلَا مِنْهَا فَبَدَتْ لَهُمَا سَوْآتُهُمَا وَطَفِقَا يَخْصِفَانِ عَلَيْهِمَا مِنْ وَرَقِ الْجَنَّةِ ۚ وَعَصَىٰ آدَمُ رَبَّهُ فَغَوَىٰ {121}

[Shakir 20:121] Then they both ate of it, so their evil inclinations became manifest to them, and they both began to cover themselves with leaves of the garden, and Adam disobeyed his Lord, so his life became evil (to him).

If the سَوْآتُهُمَا means their private parts were covered and manifested to them later, how can they have sex? I am unable to find the answer of my this question, so just trying to understand what could be the interpretation.

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Allah Seeker said:

This verse can be used as proof to show that there is an sexual element in jinn just like ins. Otherwise the word 'touch' wouldn't be grouped together in the same sexual context like that. 

I am not sure about it because of the fact that I am totally blank about their biology :D.

That's why I have limited myself to the word "interest". They do have interest in opposite sex as per this verse. 

• Advanced Member
12 minutes ago, Allah Seeker said:

Salaam

وَإِذْ قُلْنَا لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ اسْجُدُوا لِآدَمَ فَسَجَدُوا إِلَّا إِبْلِيسَ كَانَ مِنَ الْجِنِّ فَفَسَقَ عَنْ أَمْرِ رَبِّهِ ۗ أَفَتَتَّخِذُونَهُ وَذُرِّيَّتَهُ أَوْلِيَاءَ مِن دُونِي وَهُمْ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ ۚ بِئْسَ لِلظَّالِمِينَ بَدَلًا - 18:50

I have given the reference of this verse brother. Is there anything else you want to show me in this verse?

• Advanced Member
44 minutes ago, Cool said:

I have given the reference of this verse brother. Is there anything else you want to show me in this verse?

thank you brother. I thought you said that the word dhureya or offspring wasn't there, that's why i showed it. 

• Advanced Member
18 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

My initial reply from the OP is: Ayats 41:25 and 46:18  nations-passed away  yet still exist.

Already above:

Shukran Cool

Mr. @hasanhh

You know what today it?!??! 

GIve it a wild guess!!!!

Today is the first time in the years that we hang out on SC that I learned something from you in Islam, and not only that - but directly from the Quran. Do you know how many times it happens that ANYBODY teaches me something new from that most noble book? Doesn't happen every day! Congrats and you enter a new league for me! Thank you 

I really didn't have that piece of knowledge up my sleeve with the word offspring being in that famous verse. Thank you!

• Veteran Member

It's clear that Iblees and jinns have offspring. 

The next question is, do they reproduce sexually or asexually? We ought to be careful to not make anthropomorphic assumptions. In so many obvious ways, jinns are nothing like us. So, we shouldn't assume they reproduce sexually, like us, through intercourse and with sexual organs. 

So, the question remains, do jinns have sexual organs or not? 

We have narrations that speak about how having intercourse in the wrong manner or time invites Shaytan to join in and participate in the sexual activity. However, clearly, no jinn suddenly appears physically with physical sexual organs to join in. 

Therefore, we have reasons to think "being touched" by jinns, within the context of sexual intimacy, isn't meant physically, with jinn sexual organs.  

• Advanced Member
On 10/1/2020 at 4:51 PM, SoRoUsH said:

سلام

Thank you

Wa Alaikum al-salaam,

That is very interesting brother. Are there any references in this book to the source of this story?

According to the Quran, the only jealousy that sticks out is because Allah chose Adam as the imam of all the angels,  and hence the creations. 

The proof for this superiority according to the quran was something to do with Adam's (عليه السلام) talent in knowing names. 

I see no evidence from any quran, hadiths, gospel, torah, etc texts mentioning that the penis is what makes Adam (عليه السلام) superior. The author must be a very sick person if he comes up with such ideas lacking even the smallest shred of evidence.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Allah Seeker said:

Are there any references in this book to the source of this story?

There are plenty of citations; however, for this specific claim, he cites Tafsir al-Qurtubi.

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

he cites Tafsir al-Qurtubi.

Interesting, I checked him out, he is a scholar in Spain during the 13th century, on land conquered by the ummayids if i'm correct. The next step would be to check if his tafseer/interpretation has any citations to prophetic hadiths. 

• Advanced Member

I have heard that people in heaven will not have private parts. Although there will be sexual intercourse, it is not what we consider it to be in this world. Because people will not/can not have genitals in junnah, so maybe that's one factor involved in why Adam (عليه السلام) had to leave Junnah and come to this earth, where the shameful part of the body is exposed to the outside of the bodies. I have no reference for this and this could be wrong. 

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Anonymous-Male said:

I have heard that people in heaven will not have private parts. Although there will be sexual intercourse, it is not what we consider it to be in this world. Because people will not/can not have genitals in junnah, so maybe that's one factor involved in why Adam (عليه السلام) had to leave Junnah and come to this earth, where the shameful part of the body is exposed to the outside of the bodies. I have no reference for this and this could be wrong. 

very interesting! Thanks.

To me it doesn't make any sense, and I remember reading hadiths that say when we get resurrected, we are naked and uncircumcised.

I made an internet search, and the first thing that came up is this:

Aisha reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The people will be assembled barefoot, naked, and uncircumcised.” I said, “O Messenger of Allah, will the men and women look at each other?” The Prophet said, “The matter will be too serious for them to notice.”

In another narration, the Prophet recited the verse, “As We began creation, so shall We repeat it, a promise binding upon Us. Surely, We will do it.” (21:104)

https://abuaminaelias.com/dailyhadithonline/2013/02/07/yawm-al-qiyamah-barefoot/

By the way, if you want to read information that is sourced from the bible and Christian texts, as well as Satanic and occult practices, then you can see here: