Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Shiachat and bloat: A rant

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam everybody,

Another day, another rant. This time about this site itself.

Why is this site so bloated? I did a network test on the site the other day, and the average page loads 6MB of data!! And even if I connect to an internet connection with a stronger badnwidth the site is still loading for too long. And what kind of front-end application is this site running? As soon as I press enter on the url, the CPU-fans start turning lol.

Anyway, I know this site has existed for very long, but it's a new era, you guys. With the tech that we have nowadays stuff like this should not be happening.

Thanks for reading my moronic rant. 

Edited by Berber-Shia
  • Advanced Member
15 minutes ago, Berber-Shia said:

Salam everybody,

Why is this site so bloated? I did a network test on the site the other day, and the average page loads 6MB of data!! And even if I connect to an internet connection with a stronger badnwidth the site is still loading for too long. And what kind of front-end application is this site running? As soon as I press enter on the url, the CPU-fans start turning lol.

Anyway, I know this site has existed for very long, but it's a new era, you guys. With the tech that we have nowadays stuff like this should not be happening.

It use to be pretty fast back in the day because it was simple. I guess all this chat display thingies and notifications use a laggy software.

• Advanced Member
18 minutes ago, Berber-Shia said:

Salam everybody,

Although you should reduce the frequency of your rants or make one topic called rants where we just rant about stuff. At this point making separate topics for each one with increasing frequency reminds me of those Pakistani Neighborhood Aunties who go around in a group, criticizing everything they see from the curtains visible in someone's house, car colors, what people are wearing and anything they can criticize. :furious: -> An accurate imagery of said events.