Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Nightmares in new house

Rate this topic

Guest student

Salam.

Recently I moved in my new student appartment/dorm or whatever you wanna call it. It's a building with a lot of students and it's new so I'm the first resident of this appartment. So everything so far has been great Alhamdullilah, but I have a problem. Every night that I sleep here I have really really bad nightmares, even where people (i know) are killed. I don't know what causes this. When I go back to my parent's house I don't have any nightmares at all. In all my dreams my life or the life of the people I love are miserable and the lifes of others are great. It's not fun to wake up from a nightmare everyday. Does someone know what's the cause of this? Could this probably be because of my new bed and pillow or is this something else?

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Guest student said:

Salam.

Recently I moved in my new student appartment/dorm or whatever you wanna call it. It's a building with a lot of students and it's new so I'm the first resident of this appartment. So everything so far has been great Alhamdullilah, but I have a problem. Every night that I sleep here I have really really bad nightmares, even where people (i know) are killed. I don't know what causes this. When I go back to my parent's house I don't have any nightmares at all. In all my dreams my life or the life of the people I love are miserable and the lifes of others are great. It's not fun to wake up from a nightmare everyday. Does someone know what's the cause of this? Could this probably be because of my new bed and pillow or is this something else?

Imam al-Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) said, 'There are three types of dreams: glad tidings from Allah for the believer, ominous dreams from Satan, and muddled dreams.’[al-Kafi, v. 8, p. 90, no. 61]

The Prophet (S) said, 'When any of you sees a good dream, then go ahead and interpret it and inform others of it, and if you see a bad dream, then neither interpret it, nor inform others of it.’[Kanz al-’Ummal, no. 41392]

"

Surah ad-Dukhan (The Smoke)

This is a ‘makki’ Surah and it has 59 ayaat. It is narrated from the Holy Prophet (S) that if this Surah is recited at night, then seventy thousand angels pray to Allah ((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).) to forgive the sins of the reciter. If recited on Thursday nights, all sins are forgiven and houses are built for the reciter in Jannah. The reward for reciting each letter of this Surah is equal to that of freeing a thousand slaves for seeking the pleasure of Allah ((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).).

Imam Muhammad al-Baqir ((عليه السلام).) said that whoever recites Surah ad-Dukhan in his faraa’idh (compulsory prayers) will be protected from the torment of the Day of Judgement and will easily be able to give his accounts. His book of deeds will also be given to him in his right hand.

If kept in one’s possession, this Surah acts as a protection from the plots of Shaitan. If kept under one’s pillow before sleeping at night, there will be no suffering from nightmares and one will always get good dreams. Keeping this Surah in a place of business makes the trade prosper.

Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) has said that keeping this Surah as a talisman ensures protection from the authorities and makes people fond of the wearer. Drinking water in which this Surah has been dissolved is a cure for all ailments related to the stomach."

My layman opinion which is ofcourse is below the wisdom mentioned above in every degree: Sometimes when we leave places we are comfortable in like for example our homes to go somewhere else. It's a HUGE change in our life as it's pretty much like a metamorphosis in life. We can experience certain anxieties which we don't know about we're feeling inside or conflicts in terms of coming to reality by the big changes in your life. When you get more comfortable in your new environment. You'll feel much better. For now, think and reflect and follow the Wisdom of Prophet(S.W) and our Imams((عليه السلام)) above.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Imam al-Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) said, 'There are three types of dreams: glad tidings from Allah for the believer, ominous dreams from Satan, and muddled dreams.’[al-Kafi, v. 8, p. 90, no. 61]

The Prophet (S) said, 'When any of you sees a good dream, then go ahead and interpret it and inform others of it, and if you see a bad dream, then neither interpret it, nor inform others of it.’[Kanz al-’Ummal, no. 41392]

"

This is a ‘makki’ Surah and it has 59 ayaat. It is narrated from the Holy Prophet (S) that if this Surah is recited at night, then seventy thousand angels pray to Allah ((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).) to forgive the sins of the reciter. If recited on Thursday nights, all sins are forgiven and houses are built for the reciter in Jannah. The reward for reciting each letter of this Surah is equal to that of freeing a thousand slaves for seeking the pleasure of Allah ((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).).

Imam Muhammad al-Baqir ((عليه السلام).) said that whoever recites Surah ad-Dukhan in his faraa’idh (compulsory prayers) will be protected from the torment of the Day of Judgement and will easily be able to give his accounts. His book of deeds will also be given to him in his right hand.

If kept in one’s possession, this Surah acts as a protection from the plots of Shaitan. If kept under one’s pillow before sleeping at night, there will be no suffering from nightmares and one will always get good dreams. Keeping this Surah in a place of business makes the trade prosper.

Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) has said that keeping this Surah as a talisman ensures protection from the authorities and makes people fond of the wearer. Drinking water in which this Surah has been dissolved is a cure for all ailments related to the stomach."

My layman opinion which is ofcourse is below the wisdom mentioned above in every degree: Sometimes when we leave places we are comfortable in like for example our homes to go somewhere else. It's a HUGE change in our life as it's pretty much like a metamorphosis in life. We can experience certain anxieties which we don't know about we're feeling inside or conflicts in terms of coming to reality by the big changes in your life. When you get more comfortable in your new environment. You'll feel much better. For now, think and reflect and follow the Wisdom of Prophet(S.W) and our Imams((عليه السلام)) above.

Wish there was a feature to save posts so I can save gems like this. What kind of books do you get this stuff from?

Guest student
On 10/1/2020 at 12:38 AM, hasanhh said:

Dreams are what the mind expects.

So is your separation from family creating a worry?

Well, I didn't want to leave my family of course because I don't like being alone and I enjoy being with my family, but besides that, I've always did most of the paperwork for my parents and siblings and for my dad's (small) business, and now it's in my brother's hands so I don't know if he'll handle it well, although he is older than me. Maybe that could be a worry? 

On 9/30/2020 at 9:28 PM, El Cid said:

"

Thank you for your reply I appreciate it !

Guest student
On 10/2/2020 at 8:31 PM, hasanhh said:

He will learn it like you did.

I'm not sure every time I come home they're like ''Can you do this? Can you do that?'' And when I say no do it yourself they literally don't do it so I still have to take care of it otherwise my dad will get in trouble. And before someone else asks, no my dad doesn't speak the language too well so he can't fill out the papers himself.