Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What a good halal job for someone with no education

• Advanced Member

Let’s say I don’t have any formal qualifications, what’s a good halal job to do in the UK? It seems like everything is haram in one form or another, and I’m desperate for work. A lot of delivery and warehouse jobs but you don’t know if your loving haram parcels. 

• Advanced Member
25 minutes ago, Mahdavist said:

Construction, security, logistics (parcel sorting etc), airport jobs (customs, luggage), furniture stores (Ikea for example), sports shops, basically most hardware stores. 

What if the furnitures made in an oppressive country for example. Or if a sport store sells a Chelsea kit ?

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Labbayka said:

Let’s say I don’t have any formal qualifications, what’s a good halal job to do in the UK? It seems like everything is haram in one form or another, and I’m desperate for work. A lot of delivery and warehouse jobs but you don’t know if your loving haram parcels. 

Become an Uber driver.

• Moderators

I recommend construction related jobs. The skills that you will gain are valuable. After some years, you can go out on your own, or if you don't want to run a business it's one of the most stable jobs that I know (though perhaps seasonal). 

• Advanced Member
On 9/29/2020 at 11:11 PM, hasanhh said:

Enlist. The Army doesn't require anything but ability to breathe and walk.

And then get shipped off to fight my Azeri brothers? No thanks. It’s been two months I have been jobless and the stress of finding a halal job is killing me everyone looks at me at some sort of bum.

• Veteran Member

Since we are in the corona seasons:

COVID 19 tester, online jobs (stockbrokerage, website designer - go to udemy for short courses)

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Labbayka said:

And then get shipped off to fight my Azeri brothers? No thanks. It’s been two months I have been jobless and the stress of finding a halal job is killing me everyone looks at me at some sort of bum.

Have you really not found a single job? Factory work, cleaning, construction, delivery, basic administration work, ... ? Nothing? Maybe the location where you live doesn't have a good job market and you should consider moving. Or maybe like I said, take the time to learn a good trade like plumbing or electricity and you'll find plenty job openings. 

Because look, at a certain point you'll need to get bread on the table. And being too picky or overthinking is not going to help.

• Forum Administrators
On 9/29/2020 at 4:25 PM, Labbayka said:

Let’s say I don’t have any formal qualifications, what’s a good halal job to do in the UK?

Slaughterhouse?

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Berber-Shia said:

Have you really not found a single job? Factory work, cleaning, construction, delivery, basic administration work, ... ? Nothing? Maybe the location where you live doesn't have a good job market and you should consider moving. Or maybe like I said, take the time to learn a good trade like plumbing or electricity and you'll find plenty job openings. 

Because look, at a certain point you'll need to get bread on the table. And being too picky or overthinking is not going to help.

True, thanks for these suggestions.

• Advanced Member
On 10/10/2020 at 10:19 AM, Soldiers and Saffron said:

If you are interested, look into gardening, its a natural job that brings you closer to Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

I think I might try my hand at construction or security

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

See if you can find a mechanic/tire shop, changing tires and oil isn't that hard and you can work your way up. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
On 9/29/2020 at 2:36 PM, notme said:

I recommend construction related jobs. The skills that you will gain are valuable. After some years, you can go out on your own, or if you don't want to run a business it's one of the most stable jobs that I know (though perhaps seasonal). 

I second this, my friend finally started his glazing company and I am his first and sole employee and I'm currently in the process of learning the trade and developing my skills and eventually, I'll be able to install windows and sliding glass doors on my own without his assistance. Once I get good at the trade after a few years, I'm going to probably go out on my own. I highly recommend construction for anyone who doesn't have any educational credentials (I have some college, but not enough to do anything with and I don't want to have to take student loans to get a Bachelor's degree even though I really want one in US History).

Construction is hard work, but it's honest work and you can feel good at yourself at the end of the day. It also pays very well if you get into a good trade and give 100% every day. The hours are sometimes long though, and the environment is not the most social or the most friendly (a lot of the guys are gruff and many have pretty bad attitudes). I don't know what it's like in the UK (I live in the US) but I imagine that it isn't all that different over there in terms of work environment.

Good luck on your career search though.