Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Fostering children

Rate this topic

Guest Safina

Salam alakym 

InshaAllah everyone is well. 

Has anyone ever fostered children? I want to be able to provide a space and loving space for children who are in foster care even if for a little while. I know it may not be much but perhaps even a little care can help their lives in some way. 

At the same time I’m very scared about how we would actually do it. We are practicing shia and our house, food, practices would be evident of that. Could fostering children cause a strain on our finances or even our relationship? Could we have a bad experience with some children that may have been in the system too long and might   be too much for us? 

I would really appreciate any help or advice, thank yo all.

• Veteran Member

It is one of my biggest ambitions. If my husband agrees, I wont hesitate. 

As to your question, most of these children have been victims of child abuse. So you have to behave towards them very carefully and patiently. You need to have some prior consultation with social workers and other foster parents.

• Veteran Member
On 9/20/2020 at 3:09 PM, Guest Safina said:

Could fostering children cause a strain on our finances

l am guessing, but since you will get state support and maybe Ayat 6:151 will happen, l do not think money will be a problem.

A young couple l know did this. The problem they had once was his job had him out of town and the toddler's father shows up for his two hours of visiting rights. Being a Muslima, she was in a panic-mode. So she called me to come over while the child's father was there. This was about five years ago.

My little sister told me later that later she was crying because she was so thankful l was home when she called me. Because the guy had 'visiting rights' she had to let him in. l forget why no other adult was there.