Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

God is not Energy

Rate this topic

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Allah Seeker said:

If light is energy, as it is described in modern science, then 'the Energy' would be God or?

I listened to the whole video and I fail to see his point. But he looks like a nice priest.

like power too - or qowa - al Qawy is a name of God, just like al Nur

The problem with your thinking is that you are attributing a changeable quality/property to God. Any concept of physical entity or any imagination of though is not God, because any change is not found on Him. 

Allah is not physically Nur where it manifest in Energy,that kind of Nur is created, that name represents (In Dua Jawshen) as: O the Creator of light. In other words you can say it too as O the creator of Energy. 

If God is The Energy (astagfurullah), then it means He can take transform, and any transform is change and God does not change. The problem is that in this sense, God does fall in physical attributes that anything happening in this universe is falling for such a principles. 

Edited by Abu Nur
  • Development Team

Forgive me for being narrow minded but why would I ever watch a video of this bishop on the nature of Allah when the Christian doctrine says Isa (عليه السلام) was Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) in the flesh or a human form of Him? 

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar
  • Advanced Member
56 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Forgive me for being narrow minded but why would I ever watch a video of this bishop on the nature of Allah when the Christian doctrine says Isa (عليه السلام) was Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) in the flesh or a human form of Him? 

Just because we disagree with them theologically and we may believe they got some things horribly wrong, it doesn't mean they can't have tremendous insights that we can benefit from on other things e.g. arguments for the existence of God and deriving divine attributes from these arguments.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

He is all-powerful. Such a name does not fall to any physical definition of power.

l'm uneasy about these two sentences together.

Allah -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). lS.  We cannot apply any kind of definition.

Secondly, what does Quran reveal?  Ayat 10:100 as one example.

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

The problem with your thinking is that you are attributing a changeable quality/property to God. Any concept of physical entity or any imagination of though is not God, because any change is not found on Him. 

Allah is not physically Nur where it manifest in Energy,that kind of Nur is created, that name represents (In Dua Jawshen) as: O the Creator of light. In other words you can say it too as O the creator of Energy. 

If God is The Energy (astagfurullah), then it means He can take transform, and any transform is change and God does not change. The problem is that in this sense, God does fall in physical attributes that anything happening in this universe is falling for such a principles. 

I understand what you are saying, and it is based on an imaginary concept that is not true I believe. It is based on the assumption that energy or light changes. We don't even know what energy is to make such an assumption. People say that energy changes in frequency and that it goes from one form to another, but there is literally zero real evidence for that. Nobody has ever seen energy, or can pin down what it is, let alone observe 'it' changing. We just measure the results of energy with some instruments, just like our eyes don't actually see light, but we are interpreting a matrix of action potentials of a network of neurons at the back of or eyes that are transmitting a mosaic or signals to the brain for us.

Just like saying the same with light, that the light of Allah is greater than change, energy can be treated the same way. If light is energy, then energy is light. And I don't know if you know this, but one of Allahs name is al Nour, or the Light. You will see that any argument against using 'energy' as a name of God's, can be equally used against the use of the Light. Howa nur el samawat wel ard. He is the Light of the heavens and the earth. 

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

He is all-powerful. Such a name does not fall to any physical definition of power.

There is equally no physical energy as much as there is no physical light or physical power. Everything that we think is physical, is basically a bunch of waves or packets/ fields of energy according to the scientific theory of the word energy. So the is no contradiction there. Even the atomic model shows a negative field surrounding a positive field (electron and proton). The word material is not scientific, nor religious. It just refers to what our limited senses can perceive with the sense of touch, taste, sight etc.

• Veteran Member
30 minutes ago, Allah Seeker said:

This is the key question that will put this discussion at rest.  People think that they know the answer to this, until they try to describe it.

Actually, one step further: Applying our intellectual concept to Allah -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

• Veteran Member
40 minutes ago, Allah Seeker said:

The word potential is like the word able. One of Gods name is the Able, or al Qadir. He is also known as the giver of potential, or al Muqtadar. 

Al-Qadir is repeated in Quran 30+ times but is not an Attribute.

www.al-islam.org/allah-the-concept-of-god-in- . . .

Al-Muqtadar = The Determiner

Edited by hasanhh
  • Moderators

I understand what you are saying, and it is based on an imaginary concept that is not true I believe. It is based on the assumption that energy or light changes. We don't even know what energy is to make such an assumption. People say that energy changes in frequency and that it goes from one form to another, but there is literally zero real evidence for that. Nobody has ever seen energy, or can pin down what it is, let alone observe 'it' changing. We just measure the results of energy with some instruments, just like our eyes don't actually see light, but we are interpreting a matrix of action potentials of a network of neurons at the back of or eyes that are transmitting a mosaic or signals to the brain for us.

I will end my conversation with you here. I can not reasoning with anyone who deny physical properties that have been clearly established.

Edited by Abu Nur
  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

I will end my conversation with you here. I can not reasoning with anyone who deny physical properties that have been clearly established.

Established how? Aren't what you call physical a bunch of atoms that are just fields of energy? Nothing about energy has been established!

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

@Allah Seeker   Search 99Attributes and go to the discussion at al-islam.org

This will answer your "?" reaction.

If you can't explain it yourself, then you probably don't get it yourself, and I don't feel like making research now to try to find out what your point even is. 

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

will end my conversation with you here

You're free to ignore certain points, but if you want to discuss this im seriousness, you need to explain the following:

1 what is energy?

2 why is light/nour is not energy?

3 what is your point and argument of why God is not energy?

4 what is "physical", and how has it been established what that is?