Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Psychology vs Islam - in tune or opposites or mix?

Rate this topic

Guest OnPoint

I will be starting a series of topics about this subject. From depression to other things, and how Quran and Ahlulbayt (a) taught to deal with it and how psychology says.

I believe if there is an intersection between Islam and psychology, it's very small, and they differ if not polar opposites in almost everything with regard to every subject.  I actually am in the view there is no intersection (agreement) between Islam and psychology in any matter what so ever.  This includes mindfulness and meditation techniques.

This thread I will not be proving my point.  I just want to see general views of this of shiachat members, before I start a series of topics which I will be trying to prove this.

• Basic Members

I think mindfulness and meditation are inherently Islamic. We’re told to reflect on the signs of All-h (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) that we see around us. We’re also disciplined in taking time out of our day to pray and concentrate on that. 

The difference is that psychology is a secular science, Islam is a way of life.