Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

american republicans vs democrats vs other

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Irregardless of were you live or are from what American political party do you like the most or dislike the least. How should I decide on a candidate to vote for In the upcoming presidential election? I don't like either candidate but still want to vote. I'm also interested in what you think of the smaller parties like the libertarian party and/or others.

43 minutes ago, musa shakr said:

Irregardless of were you live or are from what American political party do you like the most or dislike the least. How should I decide on a candidate to vote for In the upcoming presidential election? I don't like either candidate but still want to vote. I'm also interested in what you think of the smaller parties like the libertarian party and/or others.

From an Islamic perspective, I strongly discourage you to vote. Voting isn’t compulsory by law either. The best vote in my opinion is a vote for nobody. The “lesser of two evils” only applies when there is no third option, but abstention is clearly a third and beautiful option.

We Muslims don’t believe in democracy and should not participate in it. Not participating in democracy is also something protected by the very principles of democracy. Only some stupid countries like Australia make voting compulsory, and not voting a criminal offense. In Australia, voting happens on Saturday and you are served sausages after casting your ballot. See how they disenfranchise most Jews and Muslims anyways, then fine you heavily if you don't vote.

Edited by Cherub786
  • Hameedeh changed the title to american republicans vs democrats vs other
  • Advanced Member
43 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

From an Islamic perspective, I strongly discourage you to vote. Voting isn’t compulsory by law either. The best vote in my opinion is a vote for nobody. The “lesser of two evils” only applies when there is no third option, but abstention is clearly a third and beautiful option.

We Muslims don’t believe in democracy and should not participate in it. Not participating in democracy is also something protected by the very principles of democracy. Only some stupid countries like Australia make voting compulsory, and not voting a criminal offense. In Australia, voting happens on Saturday and you are served sausages after casting your ballot. See how they disenfranchise most Jews and Muslims anyways, then fine you heavily if you don't vote.

Wouldn't allowing the lesser candidate (trump) to win be the greater of 2 evils. I don't fully trust Biden but he's not as aggressive with muslims.

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, musa shakr said:

There are only to parties running to choose from currently.

That varies by state. The Libertarian Party and The Green Party are both running candidates, and there may also be independents on some states' ballots. 

In my opinion, if you're in a swing state, choose the lesser evil of the two major party candidates. If your state is pretty much guaranteed to go either Republican or Democrat, free free to choose a smaller party candidate if you want to. 

No matter what the election results, things are going to be very ugly for a while. What we need is to come together - I'm not talking about compromise, I'm talking about collaboration. We The People are many and those in power are few. We need to assert our collective strength of we ever hope to have a democracy. 

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Cherub786 said:

Good point, but what has Trump really done that hurts Muslims?

He's stated that "Islam hates us" increasing Islamiphobia. The presidents position on us is relevant to how the rest of the country views and treats us even if he doesn't directly do anything, and there's the travel ban. He's suggested a that Muslims should all be registered so they can be monitored like a jew in nazi Germany.

• Advanced Member
12 minutes ago, notme said:

That varies by state. The Libertarian Party and The Green Party are both running candidates, and there may also be independents on some states' ballots. 

In my opinion, if you're in a swing state, choose the lesser evil of the two major party candidates. If your state is pretty much guaranteed to go either Republican or Democrat, free free to choose a smaller party candidate if you want to. 

No matter what the election results, things are going to be very ugly for a while. What we need is to come together - I'm not talking about compromise, I'm talking about collaboration. We The People are many and those in power are few. We need to assert our collective strength of we ever hope to have a democracy. 

I only want to vote for someone I think can win If the candidate is only on the ballot in a few states voting for them is pointless. Biden is the only one I think can beat trump.

1 minute ago, musa shakr said:

He's stated that "Islam hates us"

Well, he wasn’t exactly wrong. I mean it’s not like we love non-Muslims. We may not hate them, as hate is a very strong word, but we aren’t crazy about them either. I personally view them as beneath me. The Quran says:

مُحَمَّدٌ رَّسُوۡلُ اللّٰہِ ؕ وَ الَّذِیۡنَ مَعَہٗۤ اَشِدَّآءُ عَلَی الۡکُفَّارِ رُحَمَآءُ بَیۡنَہُمۡ

Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. And those who are with him are hard against the disbelievers, tender among themselves.

(48:29)

increasing Islamiphobia

The truth is, our own people are responsible for increasing Islamophobia, not a long forgotten remark by Trump. Do you think people really dislike us Muslims because some off the cuff remark by Trump, or because the media constantly highlights Muslim misbehavior, notably, terrorism and violence?

and there's the travel ban.

This was totally hyped by the media. It wasn’t a full ban on Muslims entering the US, but a ban on people (Muslim or otherwise) entering the US from certain terrorism sponsoring and rogue states (Iran, Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan). Some of the countries were removed and others have now become reconciled with America under Trump’s watch, notably Sudan. Trump’s facilitating the Abraham Accords has actually decreased Islamophobia in America.

He's suggested a that Muslims should all be registered so they can be monitored like a jew in nazi Germany.

I never heard that, and more importantly, he never tried it. Trump isn’t a typical politician, he likes to run his mouth at times, you have to learn to not take him seriously all the time.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, musa shakr said:

I only want to vote for someone I think can win If the candidate is only on the ballot in a few states voting for them is pointless. Biden is the only one I think can beat trump.

I'll probably be voting for Biden, but I'm not happy about it. I'm certain the US will not survive four more years of Trump, and there's a chance we might survive a little longer under Biden. Either way, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

As long as nobody votes third party we're going to be stuck in this broken two party system. Both of the major parties are criminal mafias and should be outlawed. 

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, musa shakr said:

Wouldn't allowing the lesser candidate (trump) to win be the greater of 2 evils. I don't fully trust Biden but he's not as aggressive with muslims.

Creepy Joe is in the 0h-bomb-'em and Clinton mold. Liberal interventionist.

1 hour ago, musa shakr said:

he's not as aggressive with muslims.

Tell that tothe Libyans, the lraqis, the Sudanese, the Philippinoes, the Eritreans, the Somali, (you have heard of AfriCom?), . . . but under international pressure, the "apparent age" of Afghan "militants" targeted for drone assassination was raised from 14 to 16.

• Veteran Member
1 minute ago, hasanhh said:

Creepy Joe is in the 0h-bomb-'em and Clinton mold. Liberal interventionist.

Tell that tothe Libyans, the lraqis, the Sudanese, the Syrians, the Philippinoes, the Eritreans, the Somali, (you have heard of AfriCom?), . . . but under international pressure, the "apparent age" of Afghan "militants" targeted for drone assassination was raised from 14 to 16.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Back to the OP:

There is a range of political parties in the USA from Trotskyites to paleoconservatism.

Sure, but only a few have candidates on the ballot. Anyone can write in whichever candidate they actually like, but it'll go nowhere.