Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Peace TV lost its UK licence due to programme on magic

Rate this topic

• Forum Administrators

The programme, broadcast in Urdu, discussed the Islamic punishment for magicians (and those who practise magic). Ofcom found a significant proportion of the UK audience of the programme would understand magic to encompass users of Taweez3 and practitioners of Ruqya4. Ofcom understands that within the UK, many South Asian and Sunni Muslim people consider such practices as part of a rich long standing historical Islamic tradition which they believe in, and in some cases practice. In the breach decision, Ofcom noted the recent case of R v Syeedy5 in which a Muslim cleric was murdered for his involvement in such practices. Ofcom found that the programme incited murder.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/181923/peace-tv-breach-decision.pdf

BTW, Peace TV is also a joke, like that clown Zakir Naik. Even ordinary Indians don’t speak English with such a heavy and annoying accent. He wants to dress and act like an American, at least learn to speak like them too. I can’t stand the guy’s face either.

I remember once how he agreed to be a guest on Barkha Dutt’s show, and she gave him slightly less time to speak compared to the other Muslim guests, who were mostly Bollywood celebrities plus Maulana Mahmud Madani. He has such a big ego he dedicated an entire episode of his Peace TV program to ranting about Barkha Dutt and how Indian media is biased, blah blah blah. It was pathetic.

Guest Razakhan
On 9/20/2020 at 2:33 AM, Cherub786 said:

BTW, Peace TV is also a joke, like that clown Zakir Naik. Even ordinary Indians don’t speak English with such a heavy and annoying accent. He wants to dress and act like an American, at least learn to speak like them too. I can’t stand the guy’s face either.

I remember once how he agreed to be a guest on Barkha Dutt’s show, and she gave him slightly less time to speak compared to the other Muslim guests, who were mostly Bollywood celebrities plus Maulana Mahmud Madani. He has such a big ego he dedicated an entire episode of his Peace TV program to ranting about Barkha Dutt and how Indian media is biased, blah blah blah. It was pathetic.

Oh come on he is 10 times more better and educated than you, he is human he has his downfalls but the guy is good.

Your assumptions or remarks aren’t worth much buddy.

I am barelwi!!

8 hours ago, Guest Razakhan said:

Oh come on he is 10 times more better and educated than you, he is human he has his downfalls but the guy is good.

Your assumptions or remarks aren’t worth much buddy.

I am barelwi!!

He is misguiding people. He says Brahma, Siva and Visnu are Names of Allah معاذ الله

He says Allah is pleased with Yazid Palid

He defended the Kharijite terrorist Bin Laden

So he may be more educated than me, but does that excuse such stupid remarks and ideas that he promotes on a massive platform.