Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Veteran Member

The above is a quote from Richard Dawkins. How can that be true when we have observed the earth revolve around the sun but we have not observed macro-evolution? Macro-evolution is probabilistic and based on assumptions. 

Plus there is a hadith that there were 1000s of Adams so that explains the existence of Neanderthals and other species.

I agree that the factuality of macro evolution is not on the same level as the factuality of the Earth’s revolving around the Sun. Some Muslims even question the latter, and some are even so deluded as to question the factuality of the Earth rotating upon its own axis, or that the Earth is spherical and not flat. Nevertheless, I believe macro evolution is true, although I question some aspects of it, especially the idea that all organic life on this planet has a single origin.

Edited by Cherub786
  • Veteran Member
2 hours ago, notme said:

Sure, it's not absolutely proven, but if it is, will that harm this faith? If it will, perhaps you need to evaluate the basis of your belief. 

This article by a Shia scholar says human evolution is not really supported by the Qur’an 

https://www.al-islam.org/180-questions-enquiries-about-islam-volume-two-various-issues/17-theory-evolution-species

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, 313_Waiter said:

This article by a Shia scholar says human evolution is not really supported by the Qur’an 

https://www.al-islam.org/180-questions-enquiries-about-islam-volume-two-various-issues/17-theory-evolution-species

That's fine, but it isn't a pillar of Islam.

If evolution of mankind from beasts is proven, that doesn't change any aspect of Islam. If evolution of humans is absolutely disproven, that doesn't change any aspect of Islam. 

• Veteran Member
9 minutes ago, notme said:

If evolution of mankind from beasts is proven, that doesn't change any aspect of Islam. If evolution of humans is absolutely disproven, that doesn't change any aspect of Islam. 

Doesn’t it disprove the Qur’an if it’s proven :censored:. Or at least one interpretation of the Quran.

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Not true. The pepper moth (carbonia) in London.

Thats an adaptation not macro evolution.

Think about it, if this was ultimate proof of macro evolution, we would not call it a theory.

To everyone here:

The theory of evolution as proposed by Darwin and which has been evolving(no pun intended) ever since and is a theory with very good evidence and it is the best that the scientific community has at this point in time, in the future another theory might completly disprove it, only Allah(stw) knows, the fact of the matter is, it is not gospel truth, just a very good theory with evidences such as speciation, fossil records and many other things but by no means that it has been absolutely proven and as a matter of fact there are many problems in the theory to solve and many that have yet to be discovered.

What I am saying is stop worrying about it, it has not been proven yet to be absolute truth, but if it is true, then it also fits within islam, I actually took time to think about it and do some digging and tried to fit where Adam(عليه السلام) would have been put and etc.

Also this theory is giving results which is good for biomedicine, another thing people need to realise is just because it works does not necessarly mean it is true, as we used Newtons law to go to the moon when einstein disproved it.But still it gives results which people should not oppose it.

Edited by HusseinAbbas
  • Veteran Member
26 minutes ago, HusseinAbbas said:

What I am saying is stop worrying about it, it has not been proven yet to be absolute truth, but if it is true, then it also fits within islam, I actually took time to think about it and do some digging and tried to fit where Adam(عليه السلام) would have been put and etc.

Why do you think it is presented as such?

Atheists like to call it “fact”, full well knowing that the general masses conceive of fact as “truth” but scientists conceive of it as something that has been confirmed, though still has a probability of being changed later on.

Also if you don’t mind could you share your research with us? Is it about the thousands of Adams and the amount of descendants of Adam (عليه السلام) up to Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)?

Edited by 313_Waiter
  • Advanced Member
6 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

Why do you think it is presented as such?

Atheists like to call it “fact”, full well knowing that the general masses conceive of fact as “truth” but scientists conceive of it as something that has been confirmed, though still has a probability of being changed later on.

Also if you don’t mind could you share your research with us? Is it about the thousands of Adams and the amount of descendants of Adam (عليه السلام) up to Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)?

Your average aethiest will say it is a fact because they are just desperate and want it to be true because it means in their minds that evolution disproves religion and it proves that creatures can come without Allah(stw), this is obviously the wrong way of thinking and its fallatious.

Even the big aethiest names such as AronRA who have well researched evolution do not know simple concepts that relate to science like metholigical naturalism and philosophical naturalism as the guy whom youve shared in a video(Ahmad Souboor) pointed out after debating with AroonRA.

Scientits concieve it as a well established theory but yeah anything can change, for example we barely explored 5% of the ocean floor let alone fossils burried deep in the ocean floor and to make things worse, these fossils or any evidence would have been destroyed as the continents move, sink, rise.

What I researched is mostly when was Adam(عليه السلام) created, I speculated that it may be approx 15 thousands years ago and or even a bit before, because thats when the paleolithic age started to fade into the neolithic age where people started building more complexe houses and started farming like never before and the latest migrations to the americas took place kind of in this timeline.A lor of other small details I thought about.

Edited by HusseinAbbas
  • Moderators
10 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

Doesn’t it disprove the Qur’an if it’s proven :censored:. Or at least one interpretation of the Quran.

Please share the verse or verses which you think preclude evolution of humans. Thanks. 

• Veteran Member
7 minutes ago, notme said:

Please share the verse or verses which you think preclude evolution of humans. Thanks. 

Like these:

But Satan caused them to slip out of it and removed them from that [condition] in which they had been. And We said, "Go down, [all of you], as enemies to one another, and you will have upon the earth a place of settlement and provision for a time." 2:36

And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "I will create a human being out of clay from an altered black mud. 15:28

• Moderators
3 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

Like these:

Neither of these precludes evolution as the mechanism of creation. 

Even if it did, does contradicting one or two verses justify throwing away the whole book? The Quran specifically says some verses are literal and others are figurative. 

Edited by notme