Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Where can I find cheap islamic clothes

Rate this topic

• Moderators

At the end of winter, I simply buy long sleeved, loose fitting clothes at regular discount clothing stores during end of season sales, but this isn't going to work if you want a particular style that isn't widely available in European or North American shops and that is where you live. 

• Advanced Member
52 minutes ago, musa shakr said:

I'm looking for cheap Islamic clothing. All the websites I know of like www.shukronline.com are extremely expensive by my standards.

Wow that site is really expensive. I guess what I'd do is find an Arab community and check out their shops. Though I'm not sure if I recall seeing much men's clothing, they're ususally geared for women's. Maybe email a mosque since they'd know the community well?

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, guest 2025 said:

Wow that site is really expensive. I guess what I'd do is find an Arab community and check out their shops. Though I'm not sure if I recall seeing much men's clothing, they're ususally geared for women's. Maybe email a mosque since they'd know the community well?

There's no muslim community outside the nation of islam and they don't have a mosque in the area just  the respect for life book club.

• Advanced Member
Just now, musa shakr said:

I'm looking for cheap Islamic clothing. All the websites I know of like www.shukronline.com are extremely expensive by my standards.

Try the Chinese company www.wish.com  They are cheep and among a lot of other things they sell Muslim clothe for booth men and women. You would have to order a couple of sizes bigger than you normally would because it is Chinese sizes. I have bought several abayas chimars and hijabs there. Even prayer clothe. They of cause have a larger collection in womens clothe, but they also have a surprisingly large collection of mens clothe. Kurti's, kaftan's and kufi's. They even have jewelry with Islamic motifs.
I don't know if they ship to the US though. I live in Europe.

9 hours ago, musa shakr said:

Do you mean thobes? If yes, there’s lots of options for online shopping, especially on ebay. You could also check out alhannah.com. If you want to get an affordable kufi (they're pretty much all affordable) that’s even easier.

Edited by Cherub786

By the way, the best thobe is the Sudanese style jalabiya:

Sudanese Style Dishadasha - me631 - AlHannah.com | Islamic clothing, Long  sleeve tshirt men, Fashion

It doesn’t have cuffs or collars and sleeves are large like in ancient times.

Sadly, Sudanese don't know how to tie turbans properly, it just looks like a big mess, they aren't using the proper fabric either or the proper technique to make it tight and slick. Tying turbans is a Punjabi expertise, the type that is worn by our Hanafi Sunni Ulama in Pakistan, especially Dawate Islami and Sunni Tehrik.

Edited by Cherub786
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Cherub786 said:

Do you mean thobes? If yes, there’s lots of options for online shopping, especially on ebay. You could also check out alhannah.com. If you want to get an affordable kufi (they're pretty much all affordable) that’s even easier.

I wanted to put some long kurtas with dress pants (I already have the pants). I also wanted a couple of thobes a coat and and at least one suit from www.shukronline.com. only the suit will come from shukronline everything else needs to be cheap

• Advanced Member

the clothes on shukronline look like muslim version of western clothes to me and I like that look I just can't find in my pricerange. I may not be able to get them for a while.

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, musa shakr said:

the clothes on shukronline look like muslim version of western clothes to me and I like that look I just can't find in my pricerange. I may not be able to get them for a while.

Yeah and also, with all due respect, "hijabi" women featured there are not even in proper hijab. And damn you're right, the prices are very high. 

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, AStruggler said:

Yeah and also, with all due respect, "hijabi" women featured there are not even in proper hijab. And damn you're right, the prices are very high. 

I haven't really looked at the women's clothing a lot

• Moderators

If you shop in stores that are popular with older men, you'll find looser fitting clothing. It's unfortunate that tight clothing is in style for both men and women right now. Tight clothing never looks good. 

I wonder how much it would cost to buy a larger size then get it tailored to fit the way you like. The only time I've used a tailor, it was surprisingly inexpensive, but that was a long time ago. 

Have you checked Amazon?

7 hours ago, notme said:

If you shop in stores that are popular with older men, you'll find looser fitting clothing. It's unfortunate that tight clothing is in style for both men and women right now. Tight clothing never looks good. 

I wonder how much it would cost to buy a larger size then get it tailored to fit the way you like. The only time I've used a tailor, it was surprisingly inexpensive, but that was a long time ago. 

To me it doesn’t make sense to wear European clothes in a way that they weren’t designed for. It reminds me of Dr. Zakir Naik wear a three piece business suit with the pants shortened to above the shins, although the pants are meant to be worn down to the ankles. It looks very comical to me. If one is so peculiar about dressing in accordance to the Shari’ah and Sunnah, why not simply wear Middle Eastern dress (thobe, galabiya)?

Why is it necessary to wear European dress, especially considering the fact that we aren’t Europeans?

Edited by Cherub786
  • Moderators
31 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

Why is it necessary to wear European dress, especially considering the fact that we aren’t Europeans?

It isn't. Nor is it necessary to dress like an Arab. Islam doesn't specify any particular style, it simply establishes limits. I hope those who think it's mandatory to dress like 7th century Arabs use gold for their currency and a camel or horse for their transportation. 

1 minute ago, notme said:

It isn't. Nor is it necessary to dress like an Arab. Islam doesn't specify any particular style, it simply establishes limits. I hope those who think it's mandatory to dress like 7th century Arabs use gold for their currency and a camel or horse for their transportation. 

I don’t think anyone considers it mandatory to dress like an Arab of the 7th century. But it is my Madhhab to dress like the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم as much as possible is mandub. A Muslim will be rewarded for wearing Middle Eastern dress that resembles the Prophet’s dress if his intention is to copy the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم out of love for him.

It is also mustahhab from another angle, which is the intention of visually identifying oneself as a Muslim, and being proud of one’s Muslim identity. We see that orthodox Jews and baptized Sikhs visually identify themselves as distinct from the general population. The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم instituted this principle when he said “be different” and “whoever resembles a people is one of them”. What better people to resemble than the Muslims?

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Cherub786 said:

To me it doesn’t make sense to wear European clothes in a way that they weren’t designed for. It reminds me of Dr. Zakir Naik wear a three piece business suit with the pants shortened to above the shins, although the pants are meant to be worn down to the ankles. It looks very comical to me. If one is so peculiar about dressing in accordance to the Shari’ah and Sunnah, why not simply wear Middle Eastern dress (thobe, galabiya)?

I'm an american revert there isn't a muslim population other than a small group of nation islam members in the area. I would stick way out. I may get some middle eastern cloths when I have the money but I don't know when it would be appropriate for me to where them. I want to look normal and be modest at the same time. I am 3/4 european. Western cloths are what is traditional and appropriate for me as long as there modest.

If i stick out to far it will be a problem for my family that I live with.

Edited by musa shakr
add info
9 minutes ago, musa shakr said:

I'm an american revert there isn't a muslim population other than a small group of nation islam members in the area. I would stick way out. I may get some middle eastern cloths when I have the money but I don't know when it would be appropriate for me to where them. I want to look normal and be modest at the same time. I am 3/4 european. Western cloths are what is traditional and appropriate for me as long as there modest.

I understand, and you are pretty much a European/American so it doesn’t really apply to you. But I do recommend you consider eventually moving to where you will be in close proximity to a Muslim community and a mainstream Muslim Mosque. NOI are severely misguided, I'm not even sure we can call them Muslims, they believe W.D. Fard is God incarnate, that the adulterer Elijah Poole was a prophet, and that Black people are racially superior to everyone else. Plus they don't adhere to the Shari'ah or the Sunnah.

Edited by Cherub786
  • Advanced Member
23 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

I understand, and you are pretty much a European/American so it doesn’t really apply to you. But I do recommend you consider eventually moving to where you will be in close proximity to a Muslim community and a mainstream Muslim Mosque. NOI are severely misguided, I'm not even sure we can call them Muslims, they believe W.D. Fard is God incarnate, that the adulterer Elijah Poole was a prophet, and that Black people are racially superior to everyone else. Plus they don't adhere to the Shari'ah or the Sunnah.

They won't even let pray with them because I'm not black or mixed with it. I'm planning on leaving as soon as I'm can.

Guest Guest Guest
On 9/16/2020 at 10:49 AM, Revert1963 said:

Try the Chinese company www.wish.com  They are cheep and among a lot of other things they sell Muslim clothe for booth men and women. You would have to order a couple of sizes bigger than you normally would because it is Chinese sizes. I have bought several abayas chimars and hijabs there. Even prayer clothe. They of cause have a larger collection in womens clothe, but they also have a surprisingly large collection of mens clothe. Kurti's, kaftan's and kufi's. They even have jewelry with Islamic motifs.
I don't know if they ship to the US though. I live in Europe.

Brother do not do this, do not support a Chinese company, it is like supporting Israeli company

My personal opinion is that as a muslim, you do need "Islamic clothing", you can do prayer and any other islamic things in any type of clothing(even a halal tshirt(ones without animals or humans on it) and pants), just not naked, shoulder length arm exposed, or in shorts

Otherwise, as long as if its Taahir, you do not need Islamic clothes unless you really want it.

6 hours ago, Guest Guest Guest said:

Brother do not do this, do not support a Chinese company, it is like supporting Israeli company

My personal opinion is that as a muslim, you do need "Islamic clothing", you can do prayer and any other islamic things in any type of clothing(even a halal tshirt(ones without animals or humans on it) and pants), just not naked, shoulder length arm exposed, or in shorts

Otherwise, as long as if its Taahir, you do not need Islamic clothes unless you really want it.

What’s wrong with supporting an Israeli company?

This concept of boycotting, even if it is the “enemy” is contrary to the Sunnah. The BDSM movement is spearheaded by radical Leftists.

Therefore, I see no problem with doing business with anyone, even if they are an oppressor like China. If Musa Shakr wants to buy more affordable products from the Chinese, what’s wrong with it? So much of our stuff is made in China anyways, it’s not practical to effect a boycott

I don't recommend Musa Shakr follow your advice. It's more important to follow the Sunnah in terms of clothing than to comply with a political boycott that is against the Sunnah. The Prophet (Sall Allahu alaihi wasallam) used to do business with the pagans even when he was in a state of war with them. He once saw a tall pagan herding sheep and purchased a sheep from him.

• Advanced Member

Salam wa3laykoum. I made a post regarding to sunnah of wearing abaya/thobe. Yes priests and Jews wear them but not so much now but it’s was the (preferred) type of clothing rasool Allah wore. And besides if the prophet did it why shouldn’t we?