Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Are the Essenes the Yassins?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Allah Seeker said:

and sects that represented the true religion of God. During the time of Jesus those were selected few Jews. 

The true Jewish sect went ahead and joined Jesus and later on were called “the-Way”, there is very strong evidence for this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
5 hours ago, THREE1THREE said:

The true Jewish sect went ahead and joined Jesus and later on were called “the-Way”, there is very strong evidence for this. 

The way is like saying those upon the sunnah . The term Essene is in references to their race, tribal background, or broader family name. They can both be the case, at the same time, as one describes a way/tareeqa/path, while the other describes an ancestral heritage. 

Nobody seems sure of the meaning of the word essene.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Allah Seeker said:

Nobody seems sure of the meaning of the word essene.

The Paulines believe it’s a sect which Christ belonged to. as for the meaning it’s still a mystery.  “the-Way” is a sect that was formed when Christ came which distinguished them from other disbelieving sects.  Have a look at the book of acts and see the part where Paul is caught by Jews and he lies by saying he belongs to the-Way sect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
23 minutes ago, THREE1THREE said:

The Paulines believe it’s a sect which Christ belonged to. as for the meaning it’s still a mystery.  “the-Way” is a sect that was formed when Christ came which distinguished them from other disbelieving sects.  Have a look at the book of acts and see the part where Paul is caught by Jews and he lies by saying he belongs to the-Way sect. 

Interesting thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...