Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Are the Essenes the Yassins?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Al Salaam Alaikum,

When I first started hearing about the Dead Sea Scrolls, I kept hearing Yassin this and Yassin that, and then it turned out to be that the talk was about a group what is spelt as Essene. Immediately my discovery antennas went up, and ever since I've been trying to see if there is a connection.

The Essenes were one of three Jewish groups that existed in Palestine, and they were the most secluded and smallest one. A lot of people nowadays are saying that they were the practicers or the real message of Christ, and the true message of the Torah. They created vast libraries in the caves of Qumran, and then mysteriously vanished, leaving the Pharisees as the inheritors of the Jews in the face of the mostly Roman world. There is a theory that they were part of the last stand at the dramatic standoff at Masada, when a bunch of Jews decided to not surrender to a vastly larger Roman army, and finally ended up committing mass-suicide, rather than falling into the hands of their vicious enemies. The proof for this hypothesis is that one similar jar of scriptures was found in the abandoned fort.

There is even talk about Jesus having been originated from this mystical and mysterious group of adepts who had a little known interpretation of things, but some of their texts give us a glimpse. 

Anyway, maybe some brother or sister here knows anything about this, and could possibly help me discover the possibility of a spiritual connection between yassin and ya seen of the quran, ياسين and سي with the Essene.

Thanks,

jazakum Allah kheir w labayka ya hussein!

Edited by Allah Seeker
  • Advanced Member
On 9/16/2020 at 7:11 AM, Allah Seeker said:

A lot of people nowadays are saying that they were the practicers or the real message of Christ, and the true message of the Torah.

Just mere conjectures. “Christians” are the most delusional people on earth on such matters.

Jesus belonged to no previous sect rather he made a sect which was sect Called “the-Way”  John 14:6 “I am, the-Way and the truth and the eternal life(salvation)...” Jesus makes it clear that he is of the the-Way sect. That sect believed the Torah and tanakh as a whole has been altered and a portion of the truth exist within them. Simon Peter also have a prophecy that the gospel would be mixed with falsehood and once falsehood has been removed from the Gospel Christ would return.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Allah Seeker said:

people nowdays are saying that they were the practicers(practitioners) of the real message

l know this was a theme in the 60s and early 70s, but the allegation was that lsa -(عليه السلام). was a member of this group and preached according to the Essene thinking.

connection between yassin and ya seen of the quran, ياسين and سي with the Essene.

Need a citation.

Edited by hasanhh
  • Advanced Member
4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

l know this was a theme in the 60s and early 70s, but the allegation was that lsa -(عليه السلام). was a member of this group and preached according to the Essene thinking.

Need a citation.

I doubt the connection has ever been a theme, but if you can show new other, let me know. I personally never heard of anyone talking about it, therefore finding citations will be difficult. Doesn't mean that there is no connection. Sometimes one needs to be the first top create citations. If you find anybody who talked about this before me, please let me know.  You'll do me a great favour. Thanks

It’s not certain that the Qumran community, authors of the DSS, were the Essenes spoken of by Josephus. It is possible the Essenes were an umbrella group which included the Qumran sect. These appear to be groups that dissented from and regarded as illegitimate the priestly establishment in Jerusalem, as they were led by rival priests. So it was essentially a priestly movement.

Some Muslims, such as yourself apparently, seem to favor the Essenes and consider them as the Jewish sect which was upon the truth in Antiquity.

But they were problematic for other reasons. The Essenes practised celibacy, ruhbaniyah as condemned in the Quran.

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said the Jews split into seventy-one sects, all of them are in the Fire except one. The saved sect of Jews were the followers of the Messiah Jesus. We know that Jesus and his followers never boycotted Jerusalem or stayed away from the holy city, unlike the Essenes and Qumran sect. They may not have liked the priestly establishment, but they did not challenge their legitimacy, or their authority to carrying out the sacrifices and rituals associated with the Temple.

Jesus and his followers were actually closest to the Pharisees in terms of belief and practise, whereas the Essenes and Qumran sect seem to have been offshoots of the Sadducees.

• Advanced Member
38 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

It’s not certain that the Qumran community, authors of the DSS, were the Essenes spoken of by Josephus. It is possible the Essenes were an umbrella group which included the Qumran sect. These appear to be groups that dissented from and regarded as illegitimate the priestly establishment in Jerusalem, as they were led by rival priests. So it was essentially a priestly movement.

Some Muslims, such as yourself apparently, seem to favor the Essenes and consider them as the Jewish sect which was upon the truth in Antiquity.

But they were problematic for other reasons. The Essenes practised celibacy, ruhbaniyah as condemned in the Quran.

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said the Jews split into seventy-one sects, all of them are in the Fire except one. The saved sect of Jews were the followers of the Messiah Jesus. We know that Jesus and his followers never boycotted Jerusalem or stayed away from the holy city, unlike the Essenes and Qumran sect. They may not have liked the priestly establishment, but they did not challenge their legitimacy, or their authority to carrying out the sacrifices and rituals associated with the Temple.

Jesus and his followers were actually closest to the Pharisees in terms of belief and practise, whereas the Essenes and Qumran sect seem to have been offshoots of the Sadducees.

Thank you for your response.  How can jesus be closest to the pharisees when he scolded them and even spanked them in the temple? The pharisees also were responsible for the talmud if my understanding is correct, and we all know what they wrote about jesus in there?

What concerns the rahba or monks there is a verse in surat maida saying that the reason those who call themselves Nasara (that's what christians call themselves in the arab world) are so close to us in love is because they have priests and monks. 

لَتَجِدَنَّ أَشَدَّ النَّاسِ عَدَاوَةً لِّلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا الْيَهُودَ وَالَّذِينَ أَشْرَكُوا ۖ وَلَتَجِدَنَّ أَقْرَبَهُم مَّوَدَّةً لِّلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا الَّذِينَ قَالُوا إِنَّا نَصَارَىٰ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّ مِنْهُمْ قِسِّيسِينَ وَرُهْبَانًا وَأَنَّهُمْ لَا يَسْتَكْبِرُونَ - 5:82

So the monk argument can't be used as proof, and still we must look at the situation of the essene from a non biased and open minded point of view. The names essene and yassin / ya seen are virtually identical from the sound of it.

Also the argument that jesus didn't boycott jerusalem isn't accurate. He fled to Egypt and hid a lot of times. From what I understand, his mother gave birth to him under a palm tree outside the city perimeter as well. The caves are half a days walk from jerusalem, so its actually quite close. Much closer than Egypt dor instance. I want real evidence.

Who can research this and find details about both essene and talk about the name yassin and ya seen? I haven't seriously researched yet. Maybe some younger person can do the hard work for all of us :D

Edited by Allah Seeker
Just auto correct can sometimes be a bummer
  • Advanced Member
36 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

Essenes and Qumran sect seem to have been offshoots of the Sadducees.

From the little that I researched, i think this is the third group of jews of the time, which also got suppressed, unlike the cursed pharisees that Jesus didn't like. But let us bring reference if possible to our talk. Even if secondary or tertiary evidence 

6 minutes ago, Allah Seeker said:

Thank you for your response.  How can jesus be closest to the pharisees when he scolded them and even spanked them in the temple? The pharisees also were responsible for the talmud if my understanding is correct, and we all know what they wrote about jesus in there?

Because Jesus was critical of their hypocrisy and their rejection of him. But he and his followers were close to the Pharisees in terms of belief and practice of the Law: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses's seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do” (Matthew 23:2-3)

The Talmud was written after the time of Jesus. It is basically a commentary and codification of the Oral Law. Jesus apparently agreed with the basic Pharisaic interpretation of the Mosaic Law, although he criticized them for their ostentation. For example, Jesus criticizes the Pharisees for making their phylacteries broad, as a way of showing off. This implies Jesus didn’t have problem with the practice of putting on phylacteries itself, and probably himself wore them as part of worship. But phylacteries are associated with the Pharisees and not any of the other Jewish sects. Even today, the Karaites do not put on phylacteries as they claim there is no proof for them from the Torah, and that the passages from which “orthodox” Jews derive them are meant to be understood figuratively.

What concerns the rahba or monks there is a verse in surat maida saying that the reason those who call themselves Nasara (that's what christians call themselves in the arab world) are so close to us in love is because they have priests and monks. 

The Quran doesn’t praise the institution of monasticism itself, but only praises the humility of the monks, as people who are dedicated to worship of God and are highly spiritual. But the institution of celibacy and monkery is condemned in the Quran

وَ رَہۡبَانِیَّۃَ ۣ ابۡتَدَعُوۡہَا مَا کَتَبۡنٰہَا عَلَیۡہِمۡ

But monasticism which they invented for themselves — We did not prescribe it for them

(Surah 57:27)

The names essene and yassin / ya seen are virtually identical from the sound of it.

That means nothing, many words sound the same in different languages. Furthermore, Essene is the English pronunciation of the word based on the Greek Ossaioi which sounds nothing like Ya Sin.

• Advanced Member

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! Matthew 

the quran once praised monks and once scolds them. You want to choose one and ignore the other, fine! But it does make the argument weak to say the least.  And anyway it is debatable to what extent they were monks in comparison to Christians. So to someone like me this argument doesn't do the job. I need stronger arguments.

the argument of the name sounding different in Greek and other languages is a better argument. However, there seems to be much debate and lots of question marks that make it not clear at all that the Greek name is the original name. They were living surrounded by romans, so the Latin name might be the most accurate, and how about the Hebrew? This argument im willing to consider, but not from a simplistic point of view. There has to be a balance of considering both sides of any argument, and not just pick and choose as you did in the Quran, and pretend like there is no evidence for the other side of the debate. Our job is to look at all possibilities and all angles with as much deep evidence as possible, and then each can judge for himself. 

46 minutes ago, Allah Seeker said:

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! Matthew 

Exactly as I said, Jesus condemned the Pharisees for their hypocrisy and the condition of their hearts. He did not condemn their essential creed (aqidah) or interpretation of the law (fiqh). On the contrary, Jesus himself told his followers that the Soferim and Pharisees sit in Moses’s seat, meaning they occupy the authority to interpret the Law. Jesus didn’t say the same for the Sadducees, Essenes or other sects.

Another incident from the Canonical Gospels mentions Jesus coming across a Samaritan woman, and telling her “salvation is of the Jews” (John 4:22). This was in the context of the Samaritan woman explaining why her particular sect don’t worship in Jerusalem but worship at Mount Gezirim near Nablus. Because the Samaritans don’t recognize the Zabur (Psalms) and the Nubuwwah of Kings David and Solomon, and the Jewish Prophets who proceeded them, they did not recognize the sanctity of Jerusalem. All this illustrates that Jesus was a Jew in the orthodox sense, although he condemned the hypocrisy of the orthodox (Pharisaic) Jewish establishment, he did not belong to other sects like the Sadducees who denied bodily resurrection, or the Samaritans who denied the sanctity of Jerusalem, or the Karaites who do not put on phylacteries, or the Essenes and others who practiced celibacy and were influenced by Greek philosophical ideas and ethics. The Essenes likewise had an overly strict interpretation of some of the Laws, like observing the Sabbath. It is mentioned that they did not even consider it lawful to answer the call of nature on the Sabbath. Jesus, on the other hand, was criticized by other Jews for his perceived laxity on the Sabbath (he was condemned for miraculously curing disabled people on the Sabbath), so he was definitely not an Essene.

the quran once praised monks and once scolds them. You want to choose one and ignore the other, fine! But it does make the argument weak to say the least.  And anyway it is debatable to what extent they were monks in comparison to Christians. So to someone like me this argument doesn't do the job. I need stronger arguments.

The Quran may praise the good intentions and personal merits of Christian monks in general, especially their humility and asceticism, but it condemns the actual institution of monasticism as an innovation that has no divine authority. Furthermore, the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم from his Sunnah we know he did not like celibacy or monasticism, and condemned it. He scolded some of his followers who thought they could attain nearness to Allah by adapting celibacy and other practises associated with monasticism, like perpetual fasting and self-denial. All this proves that monasticism is alien to Islam and contrary to its fundamental teaching.

the argument of the name sounding different in Greek and other languages is a better argument. However, there seems to be much debate and lots of question marks that make it not clear at all that the Greek name is the original name. They were living surrounded by romans, so the Latin name might be the most accurate, and how about the Hebrew?

You based your entire argument that the Anglicization of a Greek word sounds similar to Ya Sin. That is quite ridiculous if you don’t mind me saying so. The etymological origin of Essene is uncertain. It could simply be the Greek term for a group of Jews who did not actually call themselves that.

• Advanced Member

@Cherub786 I disagree with almost every single point you make (subhan Allah) and the more I read of what you say here, the more I disagree. So instead of piling up more things that I see as nonsense in front of me, I'll stop telling you where you're wrong in my opinion.

@Cherub786 I disagree with almost every single point you make (subhan Allah) and the more I read of what you say here, the more I disagree. So instead of piling up more things that I see as nonsense in front of me, I'll stop telling you where you're wrong in my opinion.

Disagree all you want, the facts are the facts.

• Advanced Member

@Allah Seeker since we have nutcases giving rubbish arguments absolutely zero facts so I’ll elaborate on many things.

1. To make things clear, the Talmud existed before Jesus and it goes waaay back and it also records incidents that are mentioned in the Quran. The Talmud like hadith literature, it explains some laws for example such as the kosher law on how to slaughter (although some Jews later on added some innovations to it such as no need to say Allah’s name in a line of slaughter you just need to say at the beginning or end, Jesus differed on that) 

2. Jesus did not agree with everything that the Pharisees did as we can clearly see from the Gospels here are a few examples. 

Matthew 15:

1Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Isho from Jerusalem and asked, 2“Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”

3Isho replied, “And why do you break the command of Allaha for the sake of your tradition? 4For Allaha said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’ 5But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to Allaha,’ 6they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of Allaha for the sake of your tradition. 7You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

8“ ‘These people honor me with their lips,

but their hearts are far from me.

9They worship me in vain;

their teachings are merely human rules.’ ”

10Isho called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. 11What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

12Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”

13He replied, “Every plant that my Lord has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. 14Leave them; they are blind guides. d If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

15Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.”

16“Are you still so dull?” Isho asked them. 17“Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them.19For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

Mathew 23:

23“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

as we can see the Pharisees and the teachers of the scribes are being rebuked for neglecting the Law and also making innovations.  

3. Jesus does say to obey them on certain matters that’s on the laws that the Christ’s followers recognise not the made up laws for example interest, the Torah shows that God says not charge interest to your Israeli brethren but you can charge interest to the gentiles (in the book of Deuteronomy I believe ), Jesus differed on that, one of his parables shows clearly interest is haram at all costs. The purpose of the Gospel was to show the truth and expose falsehood that is contained within the previous scriptures and to show the knowledge of salvation hence In John 1:17 it says, 17For the Torah was given through Moshe; grace and truth came through Isho Msheekha. 

Mathew 23: 2“The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.4They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.”

the Jews till today still maintain the right version of Tawheed such as God being omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient, has no form, despite the Torah having corrupted passages regarding God they simply overlook them. 

4. Jesus did not agree with Jews on how they prayed and plus their is a lot of evidence that the way Jews pray is not they way the prophets prayed and the disciples of Jesus didn’t pray that way which shows didn’t pray that way aswell.

Mathew 23
5“Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries a wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.

5. Jesus did not belong to any previous sect that existed before him rather, the followers Yehia were simply called “followers of Yehia” when Jesus came, his followers were called “Nasraya” and also commonly called “the-Way”, Jesus made it clear before he went to heaven that he belonged to the the-Way sect. 
John 14:5-6

“5Toma said to him, “Master, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6Isho answered, “I am, the-Way, and the truth, and the salvation. No one comes to Allaha except through me.”

when Paul the imposter is put in court he lies to the judge saying that belongs to the-Way sect. 

• Advanced Member
On 9/17/2020 at 12:18 PM, THREE1THREE said:

Jesus did not belong to any previous sect that existed before him

I disagree strongly with this point. There were always Muslims on earth, and sects that represented the true religion of God. During the time of Jesus those were selected few Jews. 

Edited by Allah Seeker
removed something unrelated that I thought was related
7 minutes ago, Allah Seeker said:

Again, when did I say the Greek word Ossaioi is the origin? I only said Essene is an Anglicization of Ossaioi.

At any rate, your entire argument is demolished the moment it is realized Essene is simply an Anglicization of a Greek word whose origin is uncertain. Your claim that Ya Sin = Essene is therefore discarded into the trash bin.

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Cherub786 said:

Again, when did I say the Greek word Ossaioi is the origin? I only said Essene is an Anglicization of Ossaioi.

At any rate, your entire argument is demolished the moment it is realized Essene is simply an Anglicization of a Greek word whose origin is uncertain. Your claim that Ya Sin = Essene is therefore discarded into the trash bin.

who said it is anglicization of Ossaioi? If you are so sure, then why do you claim the source of the word is uncertain? Why shouldn't it be derived from the latin? You contradict yourself if you claim it is derived from greek, yet of uncertain origin! That is absurd as can get! Keep defending Jesus's enemies the Pharisees, and keep picking and choosing from the Quran to suit your interpretation, and keep contradicting yourself, while thinking you are destroying anything beyond your own soul :grin:

• Advanced Member
On 9/16/2020 at 9:12 PM, hasanhh said:

This:

well the terms ya seen and yassin occur only once in the quran each, if my memory serves me correct. But we do know that the family of prophet Mohamed are known as the family of Yassin. This family name is still present today, although many people have newly called their children Yassin, so that it might seem that later generations carry that family name, when they are not from the family of the prophet per se.

I have read little about the meanings and history of the word Yassin, and nobody so far was able to interpret the words Ya Seen from the Quran, unless I missed that point in hadiths. But I think there is little to nothing known in the mainstream about it. I am hoping that somebody can share with us any relevant positive information about this that I don't know. Usually all words and families go back further in history than we are aware of.

49 minutes ago, Allah Seeker said:

who said it is anglicization of Ossaioi? If you are so sure, then why do you claim the source of the word is uncertain? Why shouldn't it be derived from the latin? You contradict yourself if you claim it is derived from greek, yet of uncertain origin! That is absurd as can get! Keep defending Jesus's enemies the Pharisees, and keep picking and choosing from the Quran to suit your interpretation, and keep contradicting yourself, while thinking you are destroying anything beyond your own soul :grin:

Whether Latin or Greek, the word doesn’t sound anything like Ya Sin. You have totally failed to convince using rational arguments that Ya Sin is the equivalent of Essene.

What if I say Nun from the Quran is the same as the English word “noon” meaning 12 o’clock?

نٓ sounds more like English “noon” than Ya Sin sounds like English word “Essene”.

And what if I say Qaf قٓ from the Quran is the same as the English word “calf” meaning a young cow?

You see how ridiculous you sound?:hahaha:

• Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

Whether Latin or Greek, the word doesn’t sound anything like Ya Sin. You have totally failed to convince using rational arguments that Ya Sin is the equivalent of Essene.

What if I say Nun from the Quran is the same as the English word “noon” meaning 12 o’clock?

نٓ sounds more like English “noon” than Ya Sin sounds like English word “Essene”.

And what if I say Qaf قٓ from the Quran is the same as the English word “calf” meaning a young cow?

You see how ridiculous you sound?:hahaha:

Actually in Latin it seems to really sound like essene. 

If you come up with connection I would never mock them, because God makes connections in the most unlikely places, and i wouldn't want to be an arrogant idiotic loser in the end.

Yassin sounds identical to essene if you speak Arabic 

3 minutes ago, Allah Seeker said:

Actually in Latin it seems to really sound like essene. 

If you come up with connection I would never mock them, because God makes connections in the most unlikely places, and i wouldn't want to be an arrogant idiotic loser in the end.

Yassin sounds identical to essene if you speak Arabic 

You’ve totally lost the plot my man.

And Ya Sin doesn’t sound like Essene. There is no “ya” sound in the word Essene. Y is both a consonant and a vowel, in Ya Sin it is a consonant, and there is no Y consonant in Essene. Get a clue.

• Advanced Member

You’ve totally lost the plot my man.

And Ya Sin doesn’t sound like Essene. There is no “ya” sound in the word Essene. Y is both a consonant and a vowel, in Ya Sin it is a consonant, and there is no Y consonant in Essene. Get a clue.

you are obviously not an Arab

• Advanced Member

What and you are? Prove to me Ya Sin sounds identical to Essene. You obviously don’t know the correct pronunciation of one or the other.

Im partly yassin myself so I grew up with that name around me in my arab family and arab country all of my life. How do you want me to prove to you that they sound the same? Record me saying the two words?! Come on! In any case, I didn't get convinced by any of your arguments, nor did I benefit from them. You don't believe in what I believe, so that's that. 

Your argument are biased, just like you as a non arab think you know how we say yassin, when you obviously don't. Best give the benefit of the doubt in the future and only be confident about things you are sure about. 

7 minutes ago, Allah Seeker said:

Im partly yassin myself so I grew up with that name around me in my arab family and arab country all of my life. How do you want me to prove to you that they sound the same? Record me saying the two words?! Come on! In any case, I didn't get convinced by any of your arguments, nor did I benefit from them. You don't believe in what I believe, so that's that. 

Your argument are biased, just like you as a non arab think you know how we say yassin, when you obviously don't. Best give the benefit of the doubt in the future and only be confident about things you are sure about. 

It doesn’t matter how Arabs say Ya Sin, it matters how the correct method of pronouncing it is according to the rules of tajwid when reading the Quran.

If you mean to say some Arabs like yourself don’t pronounce the Y as a consonant that proves nothing except that sadly Arabs don’t speak the classical Arabic of Quran. If you read Quran according to your modern Arabic dialect you are actually reading the Quran wrong, and if you read it like that deliberately you are committing a big sin in distorting the Quran.

4 minutes ago, Allah Seeker said:

You see.. this one shows your biased wrong approach. You are talking about things you don't know. 

BTW, you probably don’t even know the correct pronunciation of Essene, just like you can’t pronounce Ya Sin.

In the word Essene, the first e isn’t elongated, it’s a short vowel. This is how to correctly pronounce Essene:

As you can hear, it sounds totally different to Ya Sin. Firstly, there is no consonant Y in Essene, and second the second e after the s is not elongated but a short vowel

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

It doesn’t matter how Arabs say Ya Sin, it matters how the correct method of pronouncing it is according to the rules of tajwid when reading the Quran.

If you mean to say some Arabs like yourself don’t pronounce the Y as a consonant that proves nothing except that sadly Arabs don’t speak the classical Arabic of Quran. If you read Quran according to your modern Arabic dialect you are actually reading the Quran wrong, and if you read it like that deliberately you are committing a big sin in distorting the Quran.

Debating with you is never ending, because with people like you, even when proved wrong, they never thank the person or admit their mistake. Just like when you said the Greek word was the source of the word, and then you contradict and said it's uncertain, after I corrected you, making it sound like you came up with the truth, which actually contradicts what you said earlier. A bit like holding a flipping fish, because you will always find some way to flop out thinking you're winning an argument, while you're not. 

This topic is a new and thought provoking thesis that has never been made before, and the evolution of language is a fact. I appreciate a good debate and good counter arguments to my ideas, but yours are baseless and feel like totally off topic. You don't prove anything of substance. 

These words don't need to even sound 100% the same to be related, just like Yousef and Joseph  are the same names but don't sound perfectly the same. Your arguments are useless to me, and unless you actually get real arguments, I will have to pray to God for forgiveness for allowing myself to waste my time with you. 

• Advanced Member
9 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

BTW, you probably don’t even know the correct pronunciation of Essene, just like you can’t pronounce Ya Sin.

In the word Essene, the first e isn’t elongated, it’s a short vowel. This is how to correctly pronounce Essene:

As you can hear, it sounds totally different to Ya Sin. Firstly, there is no consonant Y in Essene, and second the second e after the s is not elongated but a short vowel

All the experts talking about them online pronounce it differently. Is that YouTube channel seriously like some authority on this? You must be kidding me! Just listen to all the other YouTube documentaries and see how they pronounce it.