Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Are social media sites like Facebook and Twitter legal according to Islamic Law?

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

In Iran, currently the Suprem Leader Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Hussain Al-Khamenei ( May Allah Lengthen His Life  )banned the practices of online chatting and other protocols following the same aspect. Many ignorant lads are going against this jurisdiction. But if they could use their brain for once in a while instead of their naked eyes, they could've easily understood the eligibility of this system.

In Facebook, there are many private groups which are made in terms of inappropriate and illegal means. They are not only illegal according to Islam but also violating the general human resources. Like, when I had a Facebook account, I saw a group named “ Teen Friendship 13-19 ", as I was 16 at that time, I joined in that group. But hilariously, this group was a stock of images of the members there with captions like “ I'm 16, inbox me " and the other one gave me that much shock that I couldn't get rid of it for a number of months. It was “ I'm 13, rate 1-10 ". Most of the group members were Indians, Philippines etc. No doubt, there were Muslims too. This corruption is developing a nuisance which is harmful to all children. So Facebook is illegal as it looks likes a city where you can find both bars and mosques. This disturbing mixture makes the entire city ethically and rationally impure. 

Indeed, Twitter has its own criteria, abode of fake news generated by Western officials and non-veiled pictures of female celebrities. So there doesn't need any further discussion about why Twitter is Haram. 

For the same reasons, when Iran should also ban others like Instagram, Pinterest, VK, okdoklassniki, Reddit, Tumblr, one Iranian official started to light her cigarette with a text covering the smoke “ Not only Facebook, but also other services should also be provided without any restriction. " I mean what kind of official of an Islamic Republic country talks like this.

These [Edited Out]ed up officials including Rouhani should add further restrictions on the social media sites which give youth the opportunities to commit zina, bettings and other ethically illegal activities like these. 

1st Imam- Imam Ali bin Abu Talib once said, “ Don't be seen in places that are suspect, otherwise you yourself will look suspect. " 

• Basic Members
14 hours ago, آريان عالي ميشكن said:

1st Imam- Imam Ali bin Abu Talib once said, “ Don't be seen in places that are suspect, otherwise you yourself will look suspect. " 

“ Don't be seen in places that are suspect, otherwise you yourself will look suspect. " - Ali ( (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). )

• Advanced Member

I'm not a jurist or a scholar in any way so I couldn't tell you about any rulings, but what I know is that these social media should definetely be banned or restricted. But not only because of the reasons you listed but also because of their continiuous, shameless use of ou data. We've become commodities to these corporations. Our data makes them money, which in turn pushes them to make us engage more in the application.