Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you meet guys who only know Shiism through these kinds of videos, you can kind of understand where they are coming from. What I find unbelievable is that a lot of people haven't even seen those v

I totally agree with you, the ummah is in a very bad position with all the hate going on. It's sad to see the state we are in right now. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) hasten the reappearance of

Is it just me or has their been A LOT of anti Shia hate propoganda online? I mean I can't even get on twitter without see a thread on supposedly "exposing" Shiaism, I know there are channels like TSD

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

The problem is there are certain individuals who paint a specific image of Shiaism, and the purpose of this is to spread hate and violence  and they can do this because they have good media coverage. It is because of these certain individuals the truth revolving around Shia Islam is hidden. They make everything Shia do seem out of the folds of Islam, make it seem evil. That's why there is so much hate.  

• Veteran Member

Salam,

Let go back to the history.  Why so much hate toward Ahlulbayt after Imam Ali (عليه السلام) was killed and the Khalifah were under Muawiyah and Yazid?

Followers of Ahlulbayt will suffer same situation of hate because those so-called Muslim leaders in the Middle East are threatened.  Wahabbi style belief will not attack  those leaders.

I agreed with @ShiaMan14 that Saudi petrol dollars at work.

The Shia belief is also a threat to western political system.  Failure to dominate the muslims in middle east through Arab Kings and Leaders, can be attributed to the emergence of Shiite Islam.  The west introduced ISIS and it failed to stop Shiite Islam.

How best to kill the emergence of Shiite Islam? Use the social media and put hate in the mind and heart of simple minded muslims.

If Muawiya and Yazid did that in the past kill Ahlulbayt, why it will not happen now and in the future to kill followers / lovers of Ahlulbayt.

When Muslims hate each other, it can turn out to be bloody.

I personally believe that one way to overcome this issue is for the Shiites to stand up and tame the Big Satans (the US and Zionist regime) that protecting the Arab leaders.  

Meanwhile, the Shiites should focus on unity with the oppressed sunnis on fighting the same enemies.  The recent successes in Iraq fighting against ISIS is a good example.   Sunnis  shias and others united.  

Expose how these Arab leaders and the West are trying to destroy true Islam.  At least, we hit the root cause of the problem.  Hit the Oppressors.

Wallahualam.

I believe Sunnis are muslim and among them are Pious people.  They are our muslim brothers and sisters. Oppressed Sunnis and Shias are parts of Muslim Ummah.  Oppressors are our enemies.  Imam Mahdi (عليه السلام), is the Leader for the Oppressed people of the world.

• Veteran Member

When Imran Khan first came to power, he said he wanted to bring back Riasat-e-Medina (rulership of Medina). 

He may have meant the Riasat during the time of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) but what he inherited was more like the caliphate of Imam Ali (عليه السلام).

Much like when Imam Ali (عليه السلام) took over, the country is rife with corruption and nepotism. Poor have to lie, cheat, steal to get by; rich are lying, cheating, stealing to get richer. 

Imran Khan is going after the corrupt politicians and mafias making enemies everywhere much like what happened during the reign of Imam Ali (عليه السلام).

Despite the challenges, Pakistan is on an upgrade trajectory. This is of course working against the agenda of the enemies of Pakistan.

Much like "revenge for Caliph Uthman" was used as a ruse to instigate a civil war to destabilise Imam Ali's (عليه السلام) government, sectarianism is being used today to destabilize IK's government.

While we can blame foreign powers (RAW, Saudi, Israel) for this turmoil, unfortunate fact is that it is Pakistanis selling out and as a result Pakistanis will die.

IK is in an unenviable position that no matter what he does, he will be criticized. So he might as well do the right thing and go after those who are hell-bent on destabilizing Pakistan.
1 hour ago, ShiaMan14 said:

When Imran Khan first came to power, he said he wanted to bring back Riasat-e-Medina (rulership of Medina). 

He may have meant the Riasat during the time of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) but what he inherited was more like the caliphate of Imam Ali (عليه السلام).
Much like when Imam Ali (عليه السلام) took over, the country is rife with corruption and nepotism. Poor have to lie, cheat, steal to get by; rich are lying, cheating, stealing to get richer. 
Imran Khan is going after the corrupt politicians and mafias making enemies everywhere much like what happened during the reign of Imam Ali (عليه السلام).
Despite the challenges, Pakistan is on an upgrade trajectory. This is of course working against the agenda of the enemies of Pakistan.
Much like "revenge for Caliph Uthman" was used as a ruse to instigate a civil war to destabilise Imam Ali's (عليه السلام) government, sectarianism is being used today to destabilize IK's government.
While we can blame foreign powers (RAW, Saudi, Israel) for this turmoil, unfortunate fact is that it is Pakistanis selling out and as a result Pakistanis will die.
IK is in an unenviable position that no matter what he does, he will be criticized. So he might as well do the right thing and go after those who are hell-bent on destabilizing Pakistan.

IK may have some good intentions, but his own cabinet were the ones who decided to allow Nawaz Sharif to escape the country. Anyone with a brain knows that once Nawaz was allowed to flee the country on his pathetic excuse of requiring medical treatment, he will never again return to Pakistan. The corruption case against him is too strong, he is too old to return to politics, and the people are sick of dynastic politics.

He and his party asserted that his health was in extreme danger and that there were no medical facilities in Pakistan to treat him, so he had to go abroad to UK. What kind of message does that send to ordinary Pakistanis who don’t have access to overseas healthcare? Nawaz ruled the country for so long, three different tenures as Prime Minister, but couldn’t create adequate medical facilities? And why is no other ordinary prisoner in Pakistan allowed to go to the UK for medical treatment, even if their medical condition is ten times more serious than Nawaz’s?

Finally, we see Nawaz is perfectly fine, going for strolls and sipping tea at cafes in the UK. His party made it out as though he had to be hospitalized because his life was in extreme danger.

IK is partly to blame for allowing that clown to leave the country.

The moment IK became PM the first stupid thing he did was show his weakness to India by begging Modi for peace talks, which Modi naturally turned down thereby embarrassing Pakistan. When the Indian pilot was captured, IK again displayed weakness by having him rushed back to India literally the next day. IK’s government has also failed miserably on the economic front. His party promised to enact administrative reforms, notably, the creation of new provinces, but they did nothing despite being in power for years now.

• Veteran Member
2 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

IK may have some good intentions, but his own cabinet were the ones who decided to allow Nawaz Sharif to escape the country. Anyone with a brain knows that once Nawaz was allowed to flee the country on his pathetic excuse of requiring medical treatment, he will never again return to Pakistan. The corruption case against him is too strong, he is too old to return to politics, and the people are sick of dynastic politics.

He and his party asserted that his health was in extreme danger and that there were no medical facilities in Pakistan to treat him, so he had to go abroad to UK. What kind of message does that send to ordinary Pakistanis who don’t have access to overseas healthcare? Nawaz ruled the country for so long, three different tenures as Prime Minister, but couldn’t create adequate medical facilities? And why is no other ordinary prisoner in Pakistan allowed to go to the UK for medical treatment, even if their medical condition is ten times more serious than Nawaz’s?

Finally, we see Nawaz is perfectly fine, going for strolls and sipping tea at cafes in the UK. His party made it out as though he had to be hospitalized because his life was in extreme danger.

The moment IK became PM the first stupid thing he did was show his weakness to India by begging Modi for peace talks, which Modi naturally turned down thereby embarrassing Pakistan. When the Indian pilot was captured, IK again displayed weakness by having him rushed back to India literally the next day. IK’s government has also failed miserably on the economic front. His party promised to enact administrative reforms, notably, the creation of new provinces, but they did nothing despite being in power for years now.

They planted loads of tree though

• Veteran Member
23 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

Supreme Court is to blame 

• Veteran Member
29 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

IK himself accepted responsibility and blame for allowing Nawaz to leave the country:

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2261589/regret-letting-nawaz-leave-the-country-says-pm-imran

They took advantage of the Bakwa situation.

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Yes, my dear brothers and sisters in Islam: You do realise, of course, that as long as we stay divided, the other religions (especially Christianity) will always be laughing at us!

It might be time for us all to wake up to ourselves!! 

• Advanced Member
On 9/7/2020 at 1:45 PM, MaisumAli said:

Is it just me or has their been A LOT of anti Shia hate propoganda online? I mean I can't even get on twitter without see a thread on supposedly "exposing" Shiaism, I know there are channels like TSD and Anti [edited out] but c'mon nobody actually listens to that garbage? Right? Idk why it just feels weird to see all the name calling, insulting, cursing, and God knows what else appear online! And now you have people saying : " sHiAs dOnT fOlLoW tHe Ahlulbayt(as)" 

I mean like it's crazy the amount of hate we get from the Salaf(not sunnis)!

Yes there's been heaps from Salafis (and Atharis too). They have big platforms (with hundreds of thousands of followers) and have a lot of networking to spread their propaganda. It's usually shock clickbait value too when you examine it.

It's hard to know whether Christian and Atheist propaganda against Islam as a whole or Salafi propaganda, to which one is more rampant. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

:salam:

Nothing new. 

Shia prejudice has always been overlooked or maybe encouraged. 

I mean look today when some online groups aim at targeting Asian communities in Europe you have media outlets reporting about it. Or when some stupid kid makes bad humor on Twitter after a terror attack : gets banned and arrested.

Meanwhile YouTube has been the podium of anti Shia takfir for the last 15 years but no one reported about it, despite all the attacks it may have lead to : Belgium, South Africa, Lebanon. 

Btw it's funny how 2006 completely changed things online : from then on it all became Shia kafir, Shia bloodletting, Shia kill Sunnis, Shia Mut`a. Thank you Google, all of this because of Israeli defeat? 

• Advanced Member

What can I say? The reason they hate us is because we love The Prince of Believers,

Al Siddiq al Akbar,

The Faruq of the Ummah,

Asad Allah,

Sayf Allah al Maslool,

Ali Ibn Abi Talib (عليه السلام).

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
7 hours ago, realizm said:

Meanwhile YouTube has been the podium of anti Shia takfir for the last 15 years but no one reported about it, despite all the attacks it may have lead to : Belgium, South Africa, Lebanon. 

Omg u r right, I use to report a lot videos about anti Shi’a but they never replied back, but when I report something else they will reply within 2 to 3 days if my report is accepted or no. 

• Advanced Member
On 9/7/2020 at 4:45 AM, MaisumAli said:

Is it just me or has their been A LOT of anti Shia hate propoganda online? I mean I can't even get on twitter without see a thread on supposedly "exposing" Shiaism, I know there are channels like TSD and Anti [edited out] but c'mon nobody actually listens to that garbage? Right? Idk why it just feels weird to see all the name calling, insulting, cursing, and God knows what else appear online! And now you have people saying : " sHiAs dOnT fOlLoW tHe Ahlulbayt(as)" 

It is impossible to get hate from the Salaf as they have already passed away. The Salaf are the first 3 generations of Muslims [from Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and his companions, to the followers and the followers of those who followed]. The Salafiyyah are known to do that. When I say that, I mean the extremists. I was even called a taqlidi and had tabdee' made on me without any evidence by... someone who was a Salafi. I also call myself a "Salafi" as I follow Muhammad ibn 'Abdullah (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and the first 3 generations of Muslims that came after, providing it is in accordance with the Qur'an and sunnah and I as not free from it, so I can understand where you are coming from.

Excusing my tangent, you must understand where it comes from. Those from among the Ahlul Shi'a tend to lie and say things that are not true about prominent figures in Islam. To say that is not true in itself is not true. There are parades and gatherings where Abu Bakr, 'Uthman, 'Umar, Hafsa and 'Aisha (may Allah be pleased with them all) are being slandered and cursed. There are inciting of doing such. There are those scholars from among the Ahlul Shi'a who call towards innovation and shirk, which are both not allowed in Islam. The last thing I said is not a reason for hatred, but attacking and insulting [or concealing due to taqiyyah] the best men of this Ummah is obviously going to attracted hatred. Not every Shi'a is like this nor deserve it. Just as you cannot control those whom are from among the Ahlul Shi'a, I cannot control every single person from the Ahlul Sunnah. There is no need to mock or antagonize, for that is not the quality of lions, but dogs.

Regardless, you must understand where it is coming from. Do you see us holding concerts insulting anyone from the Ahlul Bayt? I do not agree with it because our job as Muslims is to convey the message and nothing more. If you choose to believe, then believe what you will. If not, then that is what you will have to answer for. They are wrong and will have to answer for what they do to you online. Do not take much heed to it, for it is surely the internet at the end of the day. We all have graves to go to.

Guest Azerbaijani
On 11/12/2020 at 1:27 AM, Ansur Shiat Ali said:

What can I say? The reason they hate us is because we love The Prince of Believers,

Al Siddiq al Akbar,

The Faruq of the Ummah,

Asad Allah,

Sayf Allah al Maslool,

Ali Ibn Abi Talib (عليه السلام).

That is not the reason it’s more of a joke to be honest, real Muslims don’t hate shias we just laugh at them especially when you use other people’s titles as above.

we love shias they are our brothers and they are a great laugh for us......ask any Sunni who has shia friends you shias have nothing but stories and it sure lightens up our days.

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Nightclaw said:

It is impossible to get hate from the Salaf as they have already passed away. The Salaf are the first 3 generations of Muslims [from Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and his companions, to the followers and the followers of those who followed]. The Salafiyyah are known to do that. When I say that, I mean the extremists. I was even called a taqlidi and had tabdee' made on me without any evidence by... someone who was a Salafi. I also call myself a "Salafi" as I follow Muhammad ibn 'Abdullah (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and the first 3 generations of Muslims that came after, providing it is in accordance with the Qur'an and sunnah and I as not free from it, so I can understand where you are coming from.

Excusing my tangent, you must understand where it comes from. Those from among the Ahlul Shi'a tend to lie and say things that are not true about prominent figures in Islam. To say that is not true in itself is not true. There are parades and gatherings where Abu Bakr, 'Uthman, 'Umar, Hafsa and 'Aisha (may Allah be pleased with them all) are being slandered and cursed. There are inciting of doing such. There are those scholars from among the Ahlul Shi'a who call towards innovation and shirk, which are both not allowed in Islam. The last thing I said is not a reason for hatred, but attacking and insulting [or concealing due to taqiyyah] the best men of this Ummah is obviously going to attracted hatred. Not every Shi'a is like this nor deserve it. Just as you cannot control those whom are from among the Ahlul Shi'a, I cannot control every single person from the Ahlul Sunnah. There is no need to mock or antagonize, for that is not the quality of lions, but dogs.

Regardless, you must understand where it is coming from. Do you see us holding concerts insulting anyone from the Ahlul Bayt? I do not agree with it because our job as Muslims is to convey the message and nothing more. If you choose to believe, then believe what you will. If not, then that is what you will have to answer for. They are wrong and will have to answer for what they do to you online. Do not take much heed to it, for it is surely the internet at the end of the day. We all have graves to go to.

JzkAllah! I found your answer to be quite rational and logical, and be rest assured that I also denounce such Shias that hold parades to insult such personalities, while I too am not thier biggest fan and also disassociate from them, but the whole holding parades thing is outside the folds of The teachings of The Ahlulbayt(عليه السلام), and pushes people further away from us

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Guest Azerbaijani said:

That is not the reason it’s more of a joke to be honest, real Muslims don’t hate shias we just laugh at them especially when you use other people’s titles as above.

we love shias they are our brothers and they are a great laugh for us......ask any Sunni who has shia friends you shias have nothing but stories and it sure lightens up our days.

Haha! In all honesty brother we do the same!

• Advanced Member
24 minutes ago, MaisumAli said:

JzkAllah! I found your answer to be quite rational and logical, and be rest assured that I also denounce such Shias that hold parades to insult such personalities, while I too am not thier biggest fan and also disassociate from them, but the whole holding parades thing is outside the folds of The teachings of The Ahlulbayt(عليه السلام), and pushes people further away from us

These types of things cite hatred, brother. It is no surprise that these types of things are bound to happen [rage towards one another] if you are purposely insulting, cursing, and slandering dead people who cannot defend themselves and are revered in Islam. None of the Ahlul Bayt (may Allah be pleased with them all) ever cursed the companions - so why should you, lest you know better than they?

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Nightclaw said:

Many of our Prominent Scholars who we use a  reference, (marjaa' taqleed) say that public cursing of those personalities is haram, due to the fact that it will cause fitna in the muslim community. What you call taqiyya is not lying, and it's not traditionally how muslims used to do taqiyya. There is an actual concept of Taqiyya, which is well understood by those Shia who study the traditions of Ahl Al Bayt((عليه السلام)), but very much misunderstood by others. Taqiyya is only used in very specific situations, where telling the truth about certain issues and personalities, will mean you will be killed, your family killed, and / or your property stolen, taken by force. The vast majority of Shia today live in places where there is no need to do taqiyya. There are only a few places in the world, like certain parts of Pakistan, Afghanistan, and certain parts of Hijaz, where taqiyya is necessary. I don't live in any of those places, which is why I can express myself freely with regards to this topic. 

Not publically cursing certain personalities is not taqiyya. Not saying something is not lying. Lying is saying something which is not true. There are many, many thread here on ShiaChat that will give you the whole picture about how followers of Ahl Al Bayt((عليه السلام)) feel about those personalities you mentioned (Abu Bakr, Aisha, Umar, Uthman). We do not believe in 'blanket immunity' from wrongdoing for anyone who came in contact with Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) because there is no evidence for this concept in Holy Quran or in authentic hadith from Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h). Also, if you look at it logically, just because someone lived in Medina during the life of Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) after Hijra, doesn't mean they, then didn't have free will. There were people there who were very good, very bad, evil, saintly, and everything in between. Yes, there are some hadith that suggest this ('My companions are like starts...', etc), but we dont' believe these hadith are authentic, i.e. we don't believe Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) ever said this. So please don't come on this form and say that Shia are lying and they cant tell the truth about those personalities. They can, and they have, and I personally have, do a quick search on those names, probably one of the thread which I participated in will come up. So it is all out there in the open. I refrain specifically from the Lanat, publically, as do most here, because first, according to many of our Marjaa' it is haram, and second because I am fully aware, more than I'd like to mention here, that doing this puts our brothers and sisters in places like Pakistan in harms way. Again, this is not taqiyya, this is being prudent and caring for our brothers and sisters in other places. 

Edited by Abu Hadi
  • Advanced Member
On 9/7/2020 at 7:15 AM, MaisumAli said:

Brother, just chill and see what Imam khomeini (رضي الله عنه) says

images (8).jpeg

images (9).jpeg

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Guest Azerbaijani said:

we love shias they are our brothers and they are a great laugh for us......ask any Sunni who has shia friends you shias have nothing but stories and it sure lightens up our days

Looks like your misguided as well, Those are virtues of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) that the "Sunnis" gave to other people.

Guest Haydar

Unfortunately this hate is deep rooted and goes back to the time of Muwiyah and Ziyad ibn Abihi who tortured and killed the Shia of Imam Ali. Ziyad became the governor of Kufa 50AH and this is partly why should a pathetic amount of Shia existed at the time of Karbala! The histories narrate how Muwiyah propagated the virtues of the Shaikayn and encouraged Ziyad to track down the Shia and kill them. It explains why they are generally hateful people some with violent tendencies. You just have to say alhamdulilah you have Ali the Faruq of the Ummah to thank for distinguishing between truth and falsehood after the holy prophet (s) - ignore these Salafi nerds who have inherited the legacy of Muwiyah and Yazid.

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

Many of our Prominent Scholars who we use a  reference, (marjaa' taqleed) say that public cursing of those personalities is haram, due to the fact that it will cause fitna in the muslim community. What you call taqiyya is not lying, and it's not traditionally how muslims used to do taqiyya. There is an actual concept of Taqiyya, which is well understood by those Shia who study the traditions of Ahl Al Bayt((عليه السلام)), but very much misunderstood by others. Taqiyya is only used in very specific situations, where telling the truth about certain issues and personalities, will mean you will be killed, your family killed, and / or your property stolen, taken by force. The vast majority of Shia today live in places where there is no need to do taqiyya. There are only a few places in the world, like certain parts of Pakistan, Afghanistan, and certain parts of Hijaz, where taqiyya is necessary. I don't live in any of those places, which is why I can express myself freely with regards to this topic. 

Not publically cursing certain personalities is not taqiyya. Not saying something is not lying. Lying is saying something which is not true. There are many, many thread here on ShiaChat that will give you the whole picture about how followers of Ahl Al Bayt((عليه السلام)) feel about those personalities you mentioned (Abu Bakr, Aisha, Umar, Uthman). We do not believe in 'blanket immunity' from wrongdoing for anyone who came in contact with Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) because there is no evidence for this concept in Holy Quran or in authentic hadith from Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h). Also, if you look at it logically, just because someone lived in Medina during the life of Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) after Hijra, doesn't mean they, then didn't have free will. There were people there who were very good, very bad, evil, saintly, and everything in between. Yes, there are some hadith that suggest this ('My companions are like starts...', etc), but we dont' believe these hadith are authentic, i.e. we don't believe Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) ever said this. So please don't come on this form and say that Shia are lying and they cant tell the truth about those personalities. They can, and they have, and I personally have, do a quick search on those names, probably one of the thread which I participated in will come up. So it is all out there in the open. I refrain specifically from the Lanat, publically, as do most here, because first, according to many of our Marjaa' it is haram, and second because I am fully aware, more than I'd like to mention here, that doing this puts our brothers and sisters in places like Pakistan in harms way. Again, this is not taqiyya, this is being prudent and caring for our brothers and sisters in other places. 

I fully understand how the concept of taqiyyah works. I never said anything about all Shi'a being liars or lying. I will say, however, that Shi'a have lied a multitude of times on the Ahlul Sunnah. This is not really up for dispute, because it has certainly happened on numerous occasions (I will provide it if you do not believe me/ask for it). Whatever the reason may be [ignorance, misconception, etc.] does not change the fact that they have lied without proper reconciliation. I agree - concealing the truth does not make one a liar. It makes you a coward, especially if you are a Muslim (my honest opinion). Those with the hearts of lions [Muslims] will roar the truth, even if it means giving their own life, as per Imam Hussein (may Allah be pleased with him).

Hiding because you fear your own life is understandable and allowed during certain situations, I agree. In warfare [along with few other situations], it is allowed [and practiced by everyone, not subjected to Muslims alone]. However, if dying a martyr was such an honor, why is there a need of concealment? If Jannah, Paradise is what you truly believe it to be, why do you cling to this worldly life? Do you not believe that martyrdom is one of the greatest deaths a Muslim can have? I understand not everyone can afford that due to their families and what it will cause in the long run, but certainly being cowardly is not one of the traits of a Muslim. It never has been.

The last time I checked, 'Ali ibn Abu Talib (may Allah be pleased with him) never practiced this, neither did his cousin, the Messenger of Allah (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). This practice of taqiyyah is not found anywhere in the Qur'an nor Sunnah of Muhammad ibn 'Abdullah (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). None of this cursing business was even present until after the death of 'Uthman ibn Affan (may Allah be pleased with him). I do not understand how this practice is even part of the Ahlul Bayt (may Allah be pleased with them all) [up until Abu Abdullah, allegedly] when they have never done it. It is [technically] an innovation, except for what was mentioned.

I know, I know - this is neither here nor there. However, cursing prominent figures in Islam based on fabrications, weakness and mere tales will get you into a whole heap of trouble. It is plain and simple. Not everyone deserves to die because of this, as some people are simply ignorant of what they are doing. Nonetheless, I say distorting the truth or saying something contrary clearly does mean one is lying. As you know how the saying goes... a half truth is nothing more than a whole lie. If you are willing to curse the companions of Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), then be prepared to face the consequences, even if you conceal it. However, if you want to curse a man dead for over 1,400 years because of fabrications that are far from the truth due to it being part of your aqeedah, be my guest. You will soon be brothers in sleeping forever.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Nightclaw said:

The last time I checked, 'Ali ibn Abu Talib (may Allah be pleased with him) never practiced this, neither did his cousin, the Messenger of Allah (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). This practice of taqiyyah is not found anywhere in the Qur'an nor Sunnah of Muhammad ibn 'Abdullah (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). None of this cursing business was even present until after the death of 'Uthman ibn Affan (may Allah be pleased with him). I do not understand how this practice is even part of the Ahlul Bayt (may Allah be pleased with them all) [up until Abu Abdullah, allegedly] when they have never done it. It is [technically] an innovation, except for what was mentioned.

The Holy Qur'an 16:106:

He who disbelieves in Allah after his having believed, not he who is compelled while his heart is at rest on account of faith, but he who opens (his) breast to disbelief-- on these is the wrath of Allah, and they shall have a grievous chastisement.

In the Tafsir of this verse many books are their who have quoted the story of Hazrat Ammar ibn Yasir (رضي الله عنه). Ammar's parents were the first martyrs of Islam and when they were brutally martyred by the Quresh, Ammar (رضي الله عنه) hided his belief (taqiyya) and went back to the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) weeping because he was forced to utter words of disbelief. The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) assured him that he has done nothing wrong and if situation occurs he should do it again.

This story is quoted in tafsir ad Durrul Manthur, Tafsir Al Kashshaf, tafsir Mafatih ul Ghaib, Ar Razi

Also, among the men of Pharoah their was a believer who hided his faith:

And a believing man of Firon's people who hid his faith said: What! will you slay a man because he says: My Lord is Allah, and indeed he has brought to you clear arguments from your Lord? And if he be a liar, on him will be his lie, and if he be truthful, there will befall you some of that which he threatens you (with); surely Allah does not guide him who is extravagant, a liar:

For more information on Taqiyyah:

And extremely sorry brother. Their are many maniacs among us who blatantly lie and curse and go to the extreme. Don't take them seriously just like we don't take seriously the extremists and beheaders on your side. 

But constructive criticism should not be condemned. The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said that Among his companions their are three categories:

Pure and pious people,

Those who faith is mixed with a small amount of disbelief

Hypocrites

So, I believe, we can question the companions on their actions atleast and condemn if it goes against Islam. Cursing is specific to some of them but not everyone. In main stream Shiism, our scholars have given fatwas to stop cursing the Caliphs and Aisha as it creates hate. Though, constructive criticism is still open. And have seen many Sunnis too who criticize some actions of Aisha and the Caliphs.