Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

gun control

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I have moderate to severe ptsd due to harassment after converting. I being harassed to the point I'm considering getting the permit to carry legally almost everyone qualifies for one where i live.I've seen muslims hurt so badly i don't know if they survived  I'm in real danger. The people i converted with vanished and i don't know where they went. How do you feel about private gun ownership for personal defense?

4 minutes ago, musa shakr said:

I have moderate to severe ptsd due to harassment after converting. I being harassed to the point I'm considering getting the permit to carry legally almost everyone qualifies for one where i live.I've seen muslims hurt so badly i don't know if they survived  I'm in real danger. The people i converted with vanished and i don't know where they went. How do you feel about private gun ownership for personal defense?

Wow, which part of the States do you live in?

I definitely recommend you acquire firearms (legally of course) for self-defense, but be very careful especially if you have young children.

I consider private gun ownership a basic civil right. Sadly, even some of the most advanced liberal democratic states in the West have not guaranteed this basic civil right, with the exception of the United States and its Second Amendment

The Islamic Shari'ah also considers possession of arms a basic, personal right of every Muslim.

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Cherub786 said:

Wow, which part of the States do you live in?

I definitely recommend you acquire firearms (legally of course) for self-defense, but be very careful especially if you have young children.

I consider private gun ownership a basic civil right. Sadly, even some of the most advanced liberal democratic states in the West have not guaranteed this basic civil right, with the exception of the United States and its Second Amendment

The Islamic Shari'ah also considers possession of arms a basic, personal right of every Muslim.

I live in the deep south. i have no children.

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, MaisumAli said:

My prayers for you brother, I too live in the South but I don't get much discrimination here at all

I'm happy for you but it's different for me.

• Moderators

I believe everyone who is capable of safely defending themselves should be allowed to do so. Islam is quiet on the matter as far as I know. However, the fact that you feel paranoid and harassed makes me doubt that you could safely keep, control, and responsibly use a firearm. Perhaps martial arts training would be better for your situation. 

6 minutes ago, notme said:

I believe everyone who is capable of safely defending themselves should be allowed to do so. Islam is quiet on the matter as far as I know.

Islam is quiet on the matter of self-defense? I assure you it isn’t. Islam explicitly teaches, in fact obligates us to defend our selves, to defend our lives, property and honor, which are sacred in His Sight. Taking the necessary precautions to that end are, therefore, surely accepted in our Religion. And if you are talking about private gun ownership in particular, the Shari’ah certainly licenses every Muslim to own weapons for the purpose of self-defense.

Present laws in many countries of the world which curtail this basic civil right of private gun ownership came about recently with the emergence of the modern nation state and its authoritarian nature that continuously seeks to become ever more omnipresent and control the lives of its citizenry.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

I assure you it isn’t. Islam explicitly teaches, in fact obligates us to defend our selves, to defend our lives, property and honor, which are sacred in His Sight.

Please share the relevant Quran verses and hadith. As I said, I am unaware of rules regarding self defense. Clearly, it is permitted, but I'm unaware of it being required. 

• Veteran Member
17 minutes ago, notme said:

Please share the relevant Quran verses and hadith. As I said, I am unaware of rules regarding self defense. Clearly, it is permitted, but I'm unaware of it being required. 

Tyranny strikes defend themselves, Ayat 42:39 and also 42:41

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, musa shakr said:

You are pursuing this problem incorrectly. The psychology, your thinking and your emotional resistance comes first. Then if necessary a revolver.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

You are pursuing this problem incorrectly. The psychology, your thinking and your emotional resistance comes first. Then if necessary a revolver.

How do i need to change psychology and emotional resistance do you think I need to toughen up?

• Veteran Member
36 minutes ago, musa shakr said:

How do i need to change psychology and emotional resistance do you think I need to toughen up?

First, there ain't no such a thing as "tough."

When you get sick of being worried or scared, then you calm down.

You can't easily change your personality.

Since the evilgelicals are running at the mouth, that is all they have.

They are likely to try the 'character assassination' route. You'II hear when they do.