Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Prophet ص Was Elected Through Consultation

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
20 hours ago, Cherub786 said:

You are incorrect, there is a difference between Khilafat fil-Risalah and being Khalifat ur-Rasul.

Khilafat fil-Risalah means the successor has succeeded the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم to his office of Risalah, meaning, the successor is a Prophet and Messenger of God.

That is actually your position, because you are refusing to make a distinction between the Prophet’s prophetic and non-prophetic political offices.

So really, you shoudn’t be asking me “why do you call Abu Bakr رضى الله عنه Khalifat ur-Rasul and not Khalifatu Muhammad?” rather, I should be asking you “why do you call Ali رضى الله عنه Khalifat ur-Rasul and not Rasul Allah?”

The title Khalifat ur-Rasul means successor to the Prophet, but not necessarily succeeding him in his Risalah. You must agree with this point if you affirm Khatm ar-Risalah and believe sayyidina Ali was not a Rasul.

Khalifat ur-Rasul is therefore a valid term, and for our purpose, it simply means the successor succeeded the Rasul صلى الله عليه وسلم to an office he previously occupied but vacated upon his death – and that is the office of political leadership and not the office of Risalah which is sealed until Judgment Day.

Based on your stance, I am making a clear distinction between Muhammad the Prophet and Muhammad the Administrator. As a matter of fact, go back and read my comments from PG9 onwards where I refer to Muhammad as Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) or Muhammad depending on if we are talking prophetic or political office.

So Muhammad occupied the office of State-Administrator; RasoolAllah did not occupy this office. You are the one who has made that distinction.

So how can Abu Bakr be the successor of Rasool when "Rasool" did not occupy that office. You can call him and others:

Khalifa-e-Muhammad
Khalifa-e-Khalifa
Khalifa-e-hakim

or simply Khalifa.

20 hours ago, Cherub786 said:

Allah says:

لَا تَجۡعَلُوۡا دُعَآءَ الرَّسُوۡلِ بَیۡنَکُمۡ کَدُعَآءِ بَعۡضِکُمۡ بَعۡضًا

Treat not the calling of the Messenger among you like the calling of one of you to another (24:63)

So it’s also a matter of respect that we say ‘Khalifat ur-Rasul’ and not ‘Khalifatu Muhammad’

Your weak objection hardly affects let alone invalidates my thesis.

oh okay, I thought this verse meant not to ask rhetorical questions of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) in a rude and disrespectful manner. Thx.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم @ShiaMan14 recommended I start a new thread Like @Mahdavist pointed out, the discussion on the succession thread I started is simply going in circles, and nothing fr

Cherry - you need to read more sunni literature than shia literature. Yes, you are rejecting the Tabari narration about Hudaibiya but the same narration exists in Sahih Bukhari as well. I am sure you

وَإِذِ ابْتَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ رَبُّهُ بِكَلِمَاتٍ فَأَتَمَّهُنَّ ۖ قَالَ إِنِّي جَاعِلُكَ لِلنَّاسِ إِمَامًا ۖ قَالَ وَمِنْ ذُرِّيَّتِي ۖ قَالَ لَا يَنَالُ عَهْدِي الظَّالِمِينَ {124} [Shakir 2:1

Posted Images