Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Where is Imam Ali's (AS) Zulfiqar?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, GloryOfReligion said:

Some say that it was passed down to Imam Mahdi (AJ), but I cannot find any sources for that claim? 

The Infallibles inherits their previous ones in Knowledge and weapons

Al Husayn Bin Muhammad, from Moalla Bin Muhammad, from Al Hassan Bin Ali Al Washha, from Ahmad Bin Aiz, from Ibn Azina, from Bureyd Al Ijaly who said, 
‘I asked Abu Ja’far (asws) about the Words of Allah Mighty and Majestic

[4:58] Surely Allah Commands you to make over trusts to their owners and that when you judge between people you judge with justice. 

He (asws) said: ‘It Means us, that the first one (asws) should hand over to the Imam (asws) who is to be after him (asws), the knowledge and the weapons and that when you judge between people you judge with justice which is in your hands’.

Then He (عزّ وجلّ) Said to the people 

[4:59] O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Rasool and those in authority from among you. 

It Means us in particular, the affairs of the entirety of the Momineen up to the Day of Judgment, by them being obedient to us (asws), then if you quarrel about anything, refer it to Allah and the Rasool and to those in authority from among you, like this is how it was Revealed. And how can Allah Mighty and Majestic with obedience to the Master of the Command and Allow them to quarrel with them. But rather, that 
was Said to the Commanded ones for whom He (عزّ وجلّ) Said to them 

[4:59] O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Rasool and those in authority from among you’

Al Kafi V 1 – The Book Of Divine Authority CH 59 H 1

Muhammad Bin Yahya, from Ahmad Bin Muhammad, from Ibn Abu Nasr who said, 

‘I said to Abu Al-Hassan Al-Reza (asws), ‘When the Imam (asws) passes away, by what does he (asws) recognise the one who is to be after him (asws)?’ So he (asws) said: ‘For the Imam (asws) there are certain signs – from these is that he (asws) would happen to be the eldest son of his father, and there would happen to be the merit in him (asws), and the bequest, and the riders would come, so they would be saying, ‘To whom has it (Imamate) been bequeathed?’ So it could be said, ‘To so and so’. And the weapons among us are at the status of the Ark among the Children of Israel. The Imamate would happen to be with the weapons, wherever they may be’.

Al Kafi V 1 – The Book Of Divine Authority CH 62 H 1

Muhammad Bin Yahya, from Muhammad Bin Al Husayn, from Yazeed Shaeer, from Haroun Bin Hamza, from Abdul A’ala who said, 

‘I said to Abu Abdullah (asws), ‘The leaper upon this command (Imamate), the claimant for it, what would be the argument against him?’ He (asws) said: ‘He would be asked about the Permissible and the Prohibitions’.

He (the narrator) said, ‘Then he (asws) turned to face me and he (asws) said: ‘There are three from the proofs, not one of which would gather in anyone except that he would be the owner of this command (Imamate) – he (asws) would happen to be the closest with the one (asws) who was before him (asws), there would happen to be the weapons (of Rasool-Allah) with him (asws), and he (asws) would happen to be the owner of the apparent bequest which, if one was to proceed to the city and the general Muslims and the children are asked about it, ‘To whom has so and so (Imam) bequeathed to?’ So they would be saying, ‘To so and so, son of so and so (Imam)’.

Al Kafi V 1 – The Book Of Divine Authority CH 62 H 2

It is narrated to me by Ibn Marouf, from Hammad Bin Isa, from Ibn Muskan, from Suleyman Bin Haroun who said, 

‘I said to Abu Abdullah asws),

'The Ijiliyah are claiming that Abdullah Bin Al-Hassan claimed that the sword of Rasool-Allah (saws) is with him’.

He (asws) said: ‘By Allah (عزّ وجلّ), he has lied! By Allah (عزّ وجلّ), it is not with him, and he has not seen it with even one of his eyes, at all, nor did his father see it, except if he happened to be in the 
presence of Ali Bin Al-Husayn (asws), and that its owner is a protector for him, and it will neither go right nor left, for the matter is clear.

By Allah (عزّ وجلّ)! If the people of the earth were to gather upon turning this matter around from its place which Allah (عزّ وجلّ) has Placed it in, they would not be able to, and if Allah (عزّ وجلّ) were to Create all of them, (and) they all disbelieve until no one remain, Allah (عزّ وجلّ) would come with a people for this matter, they will becoming its rightful ones’’.

Basaair Al Darajaat – P 4 Ch 4 H 1

is narrated to us by Muhammad Bin Abdul Jabbar, from Al Barqy, from Fazalat, from Yahya, from his father, from Abdullah Bin Sulayman who said, 

‘I heard Abu Ja’far (asws) saying: 

‘The weapons (of Rasool-Allah saws) are among us like an example of the ark among the children of Israel. It so happened that wherever the ark circulated (went), so did the kingdom, and wherever the weapons circulated (go to), so does the knowledge’’.

Basaair Al Darajaat – P 4 Ch 4 H 5

It is narrated by Muhammad Bin Abdul Jabbar, from Al Barqy, from Fazalat Bin Ayoub, from Suleyman Bin Haroun Al Ijaly having said, 

‘I said to Abu Abdullah (asws), ‘O son of Rasool-Allah (asws)! Two groups of the Ijiliya are saying that the sword of Rasool-Allah (saws) is with Abdullah Bin Al-Hassan’.

He (asws) said: ‘By Allah (عزّ وجلّ), he has not seen it, nor has his father who begot him seen it except he happened to be in the presence of Ali Bin Al-Husayn (asws). The Master of this command is protected, and it is protected for him, therefore neither to right nor left, for the matter is clear.

By Allah (عزّ وجلّ)! Even if the people of the sky and people of the earth were to gather to transfer this command from its place which Allah (عزّ وجلّ) has Placed it, would not be able to’’.

Basaair Al Darajaat – P 4 Ch 4 H 6

‘From Abu Ja’far (asws) having said: 

‘The weapons among us are at the status of the ark among the children of Israel. The kingdom circulates wherever the weapons circulate, just as it used to circulate wherever the ark circulated’’.

Basaair Al Darajaat – P 4 Ch 4 H 7

It is narrated to us by Ahmad Bin Muhammad, from Al Ahwazy, from fazala, from Umar Bin Aban, from Udeym Bin Al Hurr, from Humran Bin Ayn, 

‘From Abu Abdullah (asws) having said:

‘When Rasool-Allah (saws) passed away, Aliasws inherited his knowledge and his weapons, and whatever was there. Then it came to Al-Hassan (asws) and Al-Husayn (asws), then it came to Ali Bin Al-Husayn (asws)'’.

Basaair Al Darajaat – P 4 Ch 4 H 8

It is narrated to us by Ibn Yazeed and Muhammad, from Al Husayn, from Ibn Abu Umeyr, from Ibn Uzina, from Ali Bin Saeed who said, 

‘I was in the presence of Abu Abdullah (asws) and I heard him (asws) saying: ‘With me is the seal (insignia) of Rasool-Allah (saws), and his armour, and his sword, and his banner’’.

Basaair Al Darajaat – P 4 Ch 4 H 12

It is narrated to us by Muhammad Bin Al Husayn, from Musa Bin Sa’dan, from Abu Al Husayn Al Asady, from 
Abu Baseer, 

‘From Abu Ja’far asws having said: ‘One night, AmirAl-Momineen (asws) came out to his companions after darkness, and they were in Al-Rahba, and he (asws) was saying humming: 

‘And the night is dark, the Imamasws is coming out to you and upon him (asws) is the shirt of Adam (a), and in his hand is the ring of Suleyman (a) and staff of Musa (a)’’.

Basaair Al Darajaat – P 4 Ch 4 H 13

A number of our companions, from Ahmad Bin Muhammad, from Al Husayn Bin Saeed, from Al Nazar Bin Suweyd, from Yahya Al Halby, from Bureyd Bin Muawiya, from Muhammad Bin Muslim, 

(It has been narrated) from Abu Abdullah (asws) having said: ‘Surely, Ali (asws) was a Knowledgeable one, and the Knowledge is inherited and the knowledgeable one will never pass away except that there would remain from after him (asws) the one  who knows his knowledge, or whatever Allah (عزّ وجلّ) so Desires’

71 Al Kafi V 1 – The Book Of Divine Authority CH 32 H 1

Ali Bin Ibrahim, from his father, from Hammad Bin Isa, from Hareyz, from Zurara and Al Fuzayl, 

(It has been narrated) from Abu Ja’far (asws) having said: 

‘The Knowledge is that which descended with Adam (a). It has not been Raised (ever since). And the Knowledge is inherited, and It was so that Ali (asws) was a knowledgeable one of this community, and a knowledgeable one from us does not pass away at all except he (asws) is replaced from his family, one who knows the like his knowledge, or whatever Allah (عزّ وجلّ) so Desires’.

Al Kafi V 1 – The Book Of Divine Authority CH 32 H 2

Muhammad, from Ahmad Bin Ali Bin Al Numan, raising it from Abu Ja’far (asws), said: 

‘Abu Ja’far (asws)said:

‘They (people) are sucking the moisture and are leaving the magnificent river’. 

It was said to him (asws), ‘And what is the magnificent river?’ He (saws) said:

‘Rasool-Allah (saws) and the Knowledge which Allah (عزّ وجلّ) Granted him. Allah Mighty and Majestic Gathered for 
Muhammad (saws(, the Sunnah of the Prophets (a), from Adam (a) and brought forwards flowing up to Muhammad (saws)’

It was said to him (asws), ‘And what is that Sunnah?’ He (asws) said: ‘Knowledge of the Prophets (a) in its entirety, and that Rasool-Allah (saws) rendered that, all of it with Amir Al-Momineen (asws).

So a man said to him (asws), 

‘O son of Rasool-Allah (saws)! So, is Amir Al-Momineen (asws) more knowledgeable or some of the Prophets (a)?’ So Abu Ja’far (asws) said to him: ‘Listen to what he is saying! Allah (عزّ وجلّ) Opens the hearing of the ones He so Desires to. I narrated to him that Allah (عزّ وجلّ) Gathered to Muhammad (saws) the Knowledge of the Prophets (a), and that he (saws) gathered that, all of it, to be with Amir Al-Momineen (asws), and he is asking me, is he (asws) more knowledgeable or some of the Prophets?’.

Al Kafi V 1 – The Book Of Divine Authority CH 32 H 6

Ali Bin Ibrahim, from his father, from Abdul Aziz Bin Al Muhtady,

(It has been narrated) from Abdullah Bin Jundab that Al-Reza (asws) wrote to him: ‘As for after this, so Muhammad (saws) was a trustee of Allah (عزّ وجلّ) among His creatures. So when he (saws) passed away, it was us, the People of the Household who inherited him. Thus, we (asws) are the trustees of Allah (عزّ وجلّ) in His earth.

With us is the knowledge of the calamities and the deaths, and the lineages of the Arabs, and the birth of Al-Islam. And we tend to recognise the man when we see him, by the reality of the Eman and the reality of the hypocrisy, and that our Shias are recorded with their names and the names of their fathers. Allah (عزّ وجلّ)Took the Covenant upon us and upon them. They are intending our intentions and are entering our entries. There isn’t upon the nation of Al-Islam apart from us and them.

We are the saviours for the salvation, and we are the amplified of the Prophets (a), and we are the sons of the successors, and we the ones particularised in the Book of Allah Mighty and Majestic, and we are the closest of the people with the Book of Allah (عزّ وجلّ), and we are the closest of the people with Rasool-Allah (saws).

And we are those for whom Allah (عزّ وجلّ) Legislated His Religion for us, so He Said in His Book [42:13] He has Legislated to you O Progeny of Muhammad (saws) from the Religion what He Enjoined upon Nuh and that which We have Revealed to you O Muhammad (saws), and that which We Enjoined upon Ibrahim and Musa and Isa.

So He (عزّ وجلّ) has Taught us, and Delivered to Us the Knowledge what we
know, and Entrusted us their knowledge. We are the inheritors of the Determined Ones (Ul Al-Azam) from the Rasools (a) that you would be steadfast upon the Religion O Progeny of Muhammad (saws) and be not divided therein, and become one group, hard it is to the Polytheists the ones who associate others with the Wilayah of Ali (asws) that which you call them to from the Wilayah of Ali (asws). Allah, O Muhammad (saws), Guides to Himself him who turns, the one who answers you to the Wilayah of Ali (asws)’.

Al Kafi V 1 – The Book Of Divine Authority CH 33 H 1

A number of our companions, from Ahmad Bin Muhammad, from Abdullah Bin Al Hajjal, from Ahmad Bin Umar Al Halby, from Abu Baseer who said, 

‘I went over to Abu Abdullah (asws( and I said to him, ‘May I be sacrificed for you! I want to ask you a question. Is there anyone over here who would hear my speech?’ So Abu Abdullah (asws) raised a curtain between him and another room, and looked into it, then said: ‘O Abu Muhammad! Ask about whatever comes to you’.

He (Abu Baseer) said, ‘May I be sacrificed for you! Your Shias are narrating that Rasool-Allah (saws) taught Ali (asws) such a door (of knowledge) that a thousand (other) doors (of knowledge) opened from it’. So he (asws) said: ‘O Abu Muhammad! Rasool-Allah (saws)taught Ali (asws) a thousand doors (of knowledge), there opening from each of the doors, a thousand (other) doors (of knowledge)’. I said, ‘This, by Allah (عزّ وجلّ), is the knowledge!’. So he (asws) made marks in the ground for a while, then said: ‘It is a knowledge, but it is not that (knowledge)’.

He (Abu Baseer) said, ‘Then he (asws) said: ‘O Abu Muhammad! And with us is the Jami’e, and what do they (people) know what the Jami’e is?’ I said, ‘May be sacrificed for you! And what is the Jami’e?

He (asws) said: ‘A Parchment of the length of seventy cubits by the cubit (measurement) of Rasool-Allah (asws) and his dictation from his own mouth, and handwritten by Ali (asws) by his right hand. Therein are the Permissible and the Prohibitions, and everything that the people would be needy to, to the extent of the compensation regarding the scratch’, and he (asws) struck with his hand towards me, and he (asws) said: ‘Will you permit me, O Abu Muhammad? I said, ‘May I be sacrificed for you! But rather, I am for you, therefore do whatever you so desire to’. So he (asws)pressed me by his hand and said: ‘To the extent of this’, as if he (asws)  was angry. I said, ‘This, by Allah (عزّ وجلّ), is the knowledge!’. He (asws) said: ‘It is a knowledge, but it is not that (knowledge)!’

Then he (asws) was silent for a while, then said: ‘And with us is the Jaf’r, and what do they (people) know what the Jaf’r is?’ I said, ‘And what is the Jaf’r?’ He (asws) said: 

‘A receptacle from Adam (a) wherein is knowledge of the Prophets (a), and the successors (a), and knowledge of the scholars of the past from the Children of Israel’. I said, ‘This, is the knowledge!’ He (asws) said: ‘It is knowledge, and it isn’t that (knowledge)!

Then he (asws) was silent for a while, then said: ‘And with us is the Parchment of Syeda Fatima (asws), and what do they (people) know what the Parchment of Fatima (asws) is?’ I said, ‘And what is the Parchment of Fatima (asws)?’ He (asws) said: ‘A Parchment where is the likes of this Quran of yours three times over. By Allah (عزّ وجلّ)! And there is not a single letter from your Quran therein’. I said, ‘This, by Allah (عزّ وجلّ), is the knowledge!’ He (asws) said: ‘It is a knowledge, but it is not that (knowledge)!’.

Then he (asws) was silent for a while, then said: ‘With us is knowledge of whatever has happened, and what would be happening up to the establishment of the Hour’. I said, ‘May I be sacrificed for you! This, by Allah (عزّ وجلّ), it is the knowledge!’. He (asws) said: ‘It is a knowledge, and it isn’t that (knowledge)!’.

He (Abu Baseer) said, ‘I said, ‘May I be sacrificed for you! So which thing is the knowledge?’ He (asws) said: ‘Whatever newly occurs by the night and the day, the matter after the matter, and the thing after the thing, up to the Day of Judgment’.

Al Kafi V 1 – The Book Of Divine Authority CH 40 H 1

Muhammad Bin Yahya, from Ahmad Bin Muhammad Bin Isa, from Al Husayn Bin Saeed, from Al Nazar Bin Suweyd, from Yahya Al Halby, from Ibn Muskan, from Abu baser, 

(It has been narrated) from Abu Abdullah (asws) having said: ‘Rasool-Allah (asws) left behind among the chattels, a sword, and a shield, and a spear, and a saddle, and a grey mule. So all of that was inherited by Ali Bin Abu Talib (asws)’.

Al Kafi V 1 – The Book Of Divine Authority CH 38 H 3

Ahmad Bin Muhammad and Muhammad Bin Yahya, from Muhammad Bin Al Husayn, from Ibrahim Bin Is’haq Al Ahmar, from Abdullah Bin Hammad, from Sayf Al Tammar who said, 

‘We were with Abu Abdullah (asws) as a group of Shias in Al-Hijr, so he (asws) said to us: ‘Is there any (spying) eye upon us?’ So we turned right and left, but we did not see anyone, so we said, ‘There is no eye upon us’. So he (asws) said: ‘By the Lord of the Kabah! By the Lord of the Kabah!’ – three times,

‘Had I been between Musa (a) and Al-Khizr (a), I would have informed themas both that I am more knowledgeable than the two of them, and would have given them the news of what wasn’t in their hands;(knowledge), because Musa (a) and Al-Khizr (a) were both Given Knowledge of what had happened, and they were not Given knowledge of 
what was happening and what was going to happen up to the Establishment of the Hour, and we (asws) have inherited it from Rasool-Allah (saws) as an inheritance’

Al Kafi V 1 – The Book Of Divine Authority CH 48 H 1

A number of our companions, from Ahmad Bin Muhammad, from Muhammad Bin Sinan, from Yunus 
Bin Yaqoub, from Al Haris Bin Al Mugheira and a number of our companions, from whom was Abdul A’ala and Abu Ubeyda and Abdullah Bin Bishr Al Khash’amy, 

(All of them) having heard Abu Abdullah (asws) saying: ‘I am more knowing of what is in the skies and what is in the earth, and am more knowing of what is in the Paradise, and more knowing of what is in the Fire, and more knowing of what has already happened and what is going to happen’.

They (the narrators) said, ‘Then he (asws) waited for a while, and he (asws) saw that, that was grievous upon the ones who had heard it from him, so he (asws) said: ‘That is from the Book of Allah Mighty and Majestic. Allah Mighty and Majestic is Saying in it is a 

[16:89] Clarification of everything’.

Al Kafi V 1 – The Book Of Divine Authority CH 48 H 2

Ali Bin Muhammad Bin Abdullah, from his father, from Muhammad Bin Isa, from Dawood Al Nahdy, (It has been narrated) from Ali son of Ja’far (asws), from Abu Al-Hassan (asws), said,

‘He (asws) said to me: ‘We (Imams) are equal in the knowledge and the bravery, and with regards to the Grants, it is in accordance with what we (asws) are Commanded (by Allah)’.

Al Kafi V 1 – The Book Of Divine Authority CH 58 H 2