Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Fasting on the day of Ashura - How Ummayads wanted to turn Ashura into a day of blessing?

Guest Syed Jawad Asghar Rizvi

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Cherub786 At first you were suggesting that the calendars no longer match because the the Jews changed it. Then when I asked you when this change occurred you tell me it happened before Islam and the

I had a similar topic 3 years ago. Here are 3 main problems on this issue: 1) Some narrations only mention "Ashura" which could be the 10th of any month. "Ashura" being associated with Muhar

l agree. His verbose diatribes border on the pontificating. He does appear to write from a pre-determined script. Pasting pre-writ paragraphs. l have also wonder if this is not a he, but 

Posted Images

• Veteran Member
50 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

Sorry my brother, I can't confirm until we determine the date

The date discussion is subsequent to your confirmation that the Jews were celebrating "Id" when the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) entered Medina.

I have a suspicion that you already know the dates and are refusing to accept the above because you don't want me to present the proof.

Wallahi, that is not the way of true knowledge-seekers.

21 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

The date discussion is subsequent to your confirmation that the Jews were celebrating "Id" when the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) entered Medina.

How can I confirm that until I know the exact date when the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم entered Madinat al-Munawwarah?

You're trying to put the carriage before the horse

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, Cherub786 said:

How can I confirm that until I know the exact date when the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم entered Madinat al-Munawwarah?

You're trying to put the carriage before the horse

No, I put clear hadees in front of you. Your lack of acceptance is telling. 

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Cherub786 said:

Not explicitly clear with regard to the date upon which the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم arrived in Medina

I can keep going round in circles. It just shows how obtuse you can be. 

On case there is any confusion, "when the Prophet arrived in Medina, the Jews were fasting in celebration". Confirm

Just now, ShiaMan14 said:

I can keep going round in circles. It just shows how obtuse you can be. 

On case there is any confusion, "when the Prophet arrived in Medina, the Jews were fasting in celebration". Confirm

Like I said, it's not necessarily literally speaking of the exact day the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم arrived in Medina, didn't you yourself acknowledge this fact?

I could give you 1-2 days as settling period

So in principle we are in agreement that these narrations are not necessarily literally speaking of the Prophet's date of arrival. The difference is in the detail, you extend it to two days, whereas I have not fixed any range, simply understand it in general terms as the beginning of the Prophet's صلى الله عليه وسلم stay in Medina.

You earlier asserted the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم arrived in Medina on 12th Rabi al-Awwal. I simply want to know is that by our reckoning based on the Islamic lunar calendar, or was that the day of his arrival according to the calendar that was running at the time based on intercalation?

• Veteran Member
26 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

Like I said, it's not necessarily literally speaking of the exact day the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم arrived in Medina, didn't you yourself acknowledge this fact?

So in principle we are in agreement that these narrations are not necessarily literally speaking of the Prophet's date of arrival. The difference is in the detail, you extend it to two days, whereas I have not fixed any range, simply understand it in general terms as the beginning of the Prophet's صلى الله عليه وسلم stay in Medina.

No we are not in agreement. I showed you clearly that when the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) arrived in Medina, the Jews were fasting irrespective of the date.

There is a 4-day time period when the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) arrived in Medina so I am giving you a 2-day grace period that may be Jewish-Id was 1 day before or after but 10-months is absolutely ridiculous and shows nothing but obtuseness and absurdity on your part.

• Advanced Member

Why are you still arguing? @ShiaMan14

باب قَوْلِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ لَا تَسْأَلُوا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ عَنْ شَيْءٍ

You should have brought this up ages ago. 

There is a full Bab in Sahih al Buhari saying don't take from the People of the Book/don't ask the People anything.

Masha Allah! The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said don't take ask anything to the People of the Book, but he (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) takes from the Religion of the Jews (Allah Forbid).

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Ansur Shiat Ali said:

Why are you still arguing? @ShiaMan14

باب قَوْلِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ لَا تَسْأَلُوا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ عَنْ شَيْءٍ

You should have brought this up ages ago. 

There is a full Bab in Sahih al Buhari saying don't take from the People of the Book/don't ask the People anything.

Masha Allah! The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said don't take ask anything to the People of the Book, but he (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) takes from the Religion of the Jews (Allah Forbid).

I am with you 100%.

I am only repeating to showcase the typical sunni attitude - they are completely blind in their defense of Ummayya propaganda at the cost of offending the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).

• Veteran Member
On 9/2/2020 at 5:56 PM, ShiaMan14 said:

Okay, then I will play along knowing exactly where you will attempt to take this discussion:

Narrated Abu Musa:

When the Prophet (ﷺ) arrived at Medina, he noticed that some people among the Jews used to respect Ashura' (i.e. 10th of Muharram) and fast on it. The Prophet (ﷺ) then said, "We have more right to observe fast on this day." and ordered that fasting should be observed on it.

Sahih al-Bukhari 3942

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:

When the Prophet (ﷺ) arrived at Medina, the Jews were observing the fast on 'Ashura' (10th of Muharram) and they said, "This is the day when Moses became victorious over Pharaoh," On that, the Prophet (ﷺ) said to his companions, "You (Muslims) have more right to celebrate Moses' victory than they have, so observe the fast on this day."

Sahih al-Bukhari 4680

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:

When Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) arrived at Medina, he found the Jews observing the fast on the day of 'Ashura' (10th of Muharram). The Prophet (ﷺ) asked them (about it) and they replied, "This is the day when Moses became victorious over Pharaoh." The Prophet (ﷺ) said (to the Muslims), "We are nearer to Moses than they, so fast on this day."

Sahih al-Bukhari 4737

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:

The Prophet (ﷺ) came to Medina and saw the Jews fasting on the day of Ashura. He asked them about that. They replied, "This is a good day, the day on which Allah rescued Bani Israel from their enemy. So, Moses fasted this day." The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "We have more claim over Moses than you." So, the Prophet fasted on that day and ordered (the Muslims) to fast (on that day).

Sahih al-Bukhari 2004

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:

When the Prophet (ﷺ) came to Medina, he found (the Jews) fasting on the day of 'Ashura' (i.e. 10th of Muharram). They used to say: "This is a great day on which Allah saved Moses and drowned the folk of Pharaoh. Moses observed the fast on this day, as a sign of gratitude to Allah." The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "I am closer to Moses than they." So, he observed the fast (on that day) and ordered the Muslims to fast on it.

Sahih al-Bukhari 3397

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:

When the Prophet (ﷺ) arrived at Medina he found that the Jews observed fast on the day of 'Ashura'. They were asked the reason for the fast. They replied, "This is the day when Allah caused Moses and the children of Israel to have victory over Pharaoh, so we fast on this day as a sign of glorifying it." Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "We are closer to Moses than you." Then he ordered that fasting on this day should be observed.

Sahih al-Bukhari 3943

Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with both of them) reported that when Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) came to Medina, he found the Jews observing the fast on the day of Ashura. They (the Jews) were asked about it and they said:

It is the day on which Allah granted victory to Moses and (his people) Bani Isra'il over the Pharaoh and we observe fast out of gratitude to Him. Upon this the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: We have a closer connection with Moses than you have, and he commanded to observe fast on this day.

Sahih Muslim 1130 a

Ibn'Abbas (Allah be pleased with both of them) reported that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) arrived in Medina and found the Jews observing fast on the day of 'Ashura. The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said to them:

What is the (significance) of this day that you observe fast on it? They said: It is the day of great (significance) when Allah delivered Moses and his people, and drowned the Pharaoh and his people, and Moses observed fast out of gratitude and we also observe it. Upon this the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: We have more right, and we have a closer connection with Moses than you have; so Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) observed fast (on the day of 'Ashura), and gave orders that it should be observed.

Sahih Muslim 1130 c

Ibn ‘Abbas said that God’s messenger came to Medina and found the Jews observing the fast on the day of ‘Ashura’, so he asked them what was the significance of that day which they were observing and they replied, “It is a great day on which God delivered Moses and his people and drowned Pharaoh and his people; so Moses observed it as a fast out of gratitude, and we do so also.” He said, “We have more right, and we have a closer connection with Moses than you have,” so God’s messenger observed it as a fast himself and gave orders that it should be observed.
Mishkat al-Masabih 2067

@Cherub786 - reminder - waiting for you to confirm Jews were fasting when the Prophet arrived in Medina

• Veteran Member
10 hours ago, Cherub786 said:

And I’m waiting for you to answer the last question of my previous post on this thread before I can confirm anything.

Can't take you seriously Cherry - ostrich+sand.

For the time being, it's irrelevant when the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) arrived in Medina. It could be whenever. Question is what were the Jews doing when he arrived?

6 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Can't take you seriously Cherry - ostrich+sand.

For the time being, it's irrelevant when the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) arrived in Medina. It could be whenever. Question is what were the Jews doing when he arrived?

If it’s irrelevant when the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم arrived in Medina, why are you asking me what the Jews were doing when he arrived in Medina? You’re not making any sense at all. How can I determine what the Jews were doing the day the Prophet arrived in Medina when you haven’t told me the date of his arrival?

• Veteran Member

If it’s irrelevant when the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم arrived in Medina, why are you asking me what the Jews were doing when he arrived in Medina? You’re not making any sense at all. How can I determine what the Jews were doing the day the Prophet arrived in Medina when you haven’t told me the date of his arrival?

Did you miss, "for the time being".

Its quite simple - the narrations say the Jews were fasting when the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) arrived in Medina. I am asking you to accept them or reject them keeping in mind they are considered sahih.

2 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Did you miss, "for the time being".

Its quite simple - the narrations say the Jews were fasting when the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) arrived in Medina. I am asking you to accept them or reject them keeping in mind they are considered sahih.

Yes, they were fasting and it was Ashura, but was it upon his immediate arrival or his arrival in the sense of the early phase of Medina?

• Veteran Member
31 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

Yes, they were fasting and it was Ashura, but was it upon his immediate arrival or his arrival in the sense of the early phase of Medina?

"Ashura" - meaning 10th of any month?

Well, the hadith is pretty explicit in saying when the Prophet arrived...

Another independent source for the validity and historicity of Islamic fasting on Ashura is from an Ibadi Kharijite source. In a Hadith from al-Jami as-Sahih, known as Musnad Rabi b. Habib, the primary Hadith text for the Ibadi sect, the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

"One who fasted on the day of Ashura, atoned for equivalent to sixty months or got rewarded for releasing ten believers from the progeny of Ishmael peace be upon him." (Hadith #308):

Untitled.png.9c37fe9ae2703e41907fa8e8a6be8d11.png27108491_VirtueofFastingonAshura(MusnadRabib.Hamid308p.61).png.06620bc16a0f67e47778b9651be44c93.png579172449_VirtueofFastingonAshura(MusnadRabib.Hamid308p.62)Ibadi.png.5e524d91619d27481588a89cda6443ae.png

Now we have sources from three independent sects (Sunnis, Shi’ah and Ibadis) which confirms the fast of Ashura is part of Islam and the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم prescribed it.

• Veteran Member
9 hours ago, Cherub786 said:

Another independent source for the validity and historicity of Islamic fasting on Ashura is from an Ibadi Kharijite source. In a Hadith from al-Jami as-Sahih, known as Musnad Rabi b. Habib, the primary Hadith text for the Ibadi sect, the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

"One who fasted on the day of Ashura, atoned for equivalent to sixty months or got rewarded for releasing ten believers from the progeny of Ishmael peace be upon him." (Hadith #308):

Untitled.png.9c37fe9ae2703e41907fa8e8a6be8d11.png27108491_VirtueofFastingonAshura(MusnadRabib.Hamid308p.61).png.06620bc16a0f67e47778b9651be44c93.png579172449_VirtueofFastingonAshura(MusnadRabib.Hamid308p.62)Ibadi.png.5e524d91619d27481588a89cda6443ae.png

Now we have sources from three independent sects (Sunnis, Shi’ah and Ibadis) which confirms the fast of Ashura is part of Islam and the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم prescribed it.

And yet you still can't answer the simple question that were the Jews fasting when the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) arrived in Medina.

On a slightly separate note, do you believe you are a better Muslim than Imam Hussain (عليه السلام)?

1 hour ago, ShiaMan14 said:

And yet you still can't answer the simple question that were the Jews fasting when the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) arrived in Medina.

Yes they were, but “arrived in Medina” doesn’t necessarily mean the exact date of arrival, as you yourself acknowledged.

On a slightly separate note, do you believe you are a better Muslim than Imam Hussain (عليه السلام)?

No

• Veteran Member
44 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

Yes they were, but “arrived in Medina” doesn’t necessarily mean the exact date of arrival, as you yourself acknowledged.

Well this is an impass because you are going against clear hadith. There is absolutely no narration that states that 10 months after the arrival of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), he saw Jews fasting. "Arrival" is a point in time not over 10 months.

Also, my "acknowledgement" was to account for rounding errors. Rounding errors is a few days, not 10+ months.

47 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

No

Okay, let me start a different track. Lets assume for a second that Ashura fasting is highly rewarded.

When Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) was negotiating with Umar bin Saad on 9th Muharram and it was decided that they would fight on 10th Muharram. Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) specifically asked for 1 night to spend in prayer.

How come no person on any side including Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) even reminded the other that Ashura was a holy festive fastong day and they should fight on the 11th instead. After all, they had been there a few days and 1 more day wouldn't have hurt.

There were sahaba and tabaeen on both sides and not 1 person mentioned it. Surely if you acknowledge that Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) was a better muslim than you, he would know about this. 

A) Imam Hussain didn't know about it...but someone would have reminded him.

B) He mentioned it but Umar bin Saad rejected it...no record exists.

C) Someone else mentioned it...but no record exists.

D) #FakeNews.

39 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Well this is an impass because you are going against clear hadith. There is absolutely no narration that states that 10 months after the arrival of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), he saw Jews fasting. "Arrival" is a point in time not over 10 months.

I never said 10 months either, I simply said that going by the wording of the Hadith, it is not necessary that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم observed the Jews fasting the exact date of his arrival in Medina, but it can also be understood as him observing them fasting sometime in the early part of his stay in Medina.

And what about my question to you, when do you believe the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم arrived in Medina? What was the date of his arrival? Is that date according to our present Hijri calendar, or is it adjusted for intercalation that was part of the Arab calendar at the time? You are avoiding this question.

Lets assume for a second that Ashura fasting is highly rewarded.

When Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) was negotiating with Umar bin Saad on 9th Muharram and it was decided that they would fight on 10th Muharram. Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) specifically asked for 1 night to spend in prayer.

Before I answer, let’s verify this premise. Can you quote the source of this claim?

• Veteran Member

I never said 10 months either, I simply said that going by the wording of the Hadith, it is not necessary that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم observed the Jews fasting the exact date of his arrival in Medina, but it can also be understood as him observing them fasting sometime in the early part of his stay in Medina.

Well, it couldn't be the early part of his stay in Medina because the ruling of fasting came in 2nd hijri.

So if he arrived in Rabi-ul-Awal, then next Muharram would be 10 months later. But the narrations say "when he arrived", not "after he arrived".

And what about my question to you, when do you believe the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم arrived in Medina? What was the date of his arrival? Is that date according to our present Hijri calendar, or is it adjusted for intercalation that was part of the Arab calendar at the time? You are avoiding this question.

I promised to answer as soon as you confirm how long after the Prophet's arrival did he find the Jews fasting:

A) same day

B) same week

C) 10 months later

D) few years later.

Before I answer, let’s verify this premise. Can you quote the source of this claim?

Why does the source matter? Did they not fight on Ashura? Are there any narrations from anyone in Karbala recommending not fighting on a holy festive day? After all, this practice must have been going on for 50 years.

5 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Well, it couldn't be the early part of his stay in Medina because the ruling of fasting came in 2nd hijri.

So if he arrived in Rabi-ul-Awal, then next Muharram would be 10 months later. But the narrations say "when he arrived", not "after he arrived".

You still haven’t established that he صلى الله عليه وسلم arrived in Rabi al-Awwal. Did he arrive in Rabi al-Awwal according to our Hijri lunar calendar, or according to the Arab calendar at the time which was intercalated?

Why does the source matter?

Because you claimed that Imam Husain رضى الله عنه first negotiated with Umar b. Sa’d and then agreed to fight him on a specific day. This was the premise of your argument, not simply the fact that the tragedy of Karbala happened on the 10th of Muharram. Until you prove this premise, why should I accept it blindly?

Did they not fight on Ashura? Are there any narrations from anyone in Karbala recommending not fighting on a holy festive day? After all, this practice must have been going on for 50 years.

Nevermind Ashura, it is not allowed to even fight in Muharram, one of the four sacred months, do you accept that? So why did the fight happen in Muharram?

• Veteran Member

You still haven’t established that he صلى الله عليه وسلم arrived in Rabi al-Awwal. Did he arrive in Rabi al-Awwal according to our Hijri lunar calendar, or according to the Arab calendar at the time which was intercalated?

I dont mind repeating myself - all I am looking for is for you to confirm from the list below and I will answer your question. 

How long after the Prophet's arrival did he find the Jews fasting:

A) same day

B) same week

C) 10 months later

D) few years later.

Because you claimed that Imam Husain رضى الله عنه first negotiated with Umar b. Sa’d and then agreed to fight him on a specific day. This was the premise of your argument, not simply the fact that the tragedy of Karbala happened on the 10th of Muharram. Until you prove this premise, why should I accept it blindly?

Nevermind Ashura, it is not allowed to even fight in Muharram, one of the four sacred months, do you accept that? So why did the fight happen in Muharram?

Tarikh Al-Tabari from Abu Miknaf, Vol 19, Ch Events of 61 AH.

Happened not by Imam's choice, right?

4 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

I dont mind repeating myself - all I am looking for is for you to confirm from the list below and I will answer your question. 

How long after the Prophet's arrival did he find the Jews fasting:

A) same day

B) same week

C) 10 months later

D) few years later.

I’ll be able to answer once we confirm what the date of the Prophet’s صلى الله عليه وسلم arrival was.

You are asking me how long after his arrival did he observe Jews fasting. I said first let’s determine his date of arrival, then we can easily figure out how long after that date of arrival he observed the Jews fasting. It’s like I’m arguing with a kid who says “dad, can you buy me an Xbox?” I say “Only if I know how much?” The kid says, “Sure, I’ll confirm how much it is once you confirm you can buy it for me”:yahoo:

Tarikh Al-Tabari from Abu Miknaf, Vol 19, Ch Events of 61 AH.

Happened not by Imam's choice, right?

Interestingly, you believe Imams can only die voluntarily, meaning, it is impossible for anyone to kill an Imam unless he volunteers to die.

There is no law in Shari’ah which says it is forbidden to fight on Ashura, but there is a law which says it is forbidden to fight in the four sacred months, which includes Muharram, which includes Ashura, unless, of course, one is on the defense and being attacked during such a period. Therefore, your original question implying that Imam Husain رضى الله عنه chose to fight on a holy festival of fasting so do I have a better understanding of Islam than him, is moot. I don’t believe Imam Husain رضى الله عنه intended to fight anyone in the sacred month of Muharram, that he fought is because he was attacked without provocation, and therefore had a right to defend himself.

I fail to see how that disproves the notion that Ashura is a day for optional fasting.

• Veteran Member

I’ll be able to answer once we confirm what the date of the Prophet’s صلى الله عليه وسلم arrival was.

You are asking me how long after his arrival did he observe Jews fasting. I said first let’s determine his date of arrival, then we can easily figure out how long after that date of arrival he observed the Jews fasting. It’s like I’m arguing with a kid who says “dad, can you buy me an Xbox?” I say “Only if I know how much?” The kid says, “Sure, I’ll confirm how much it is once you confirm you can buy it for me”:yahoo:

The standard sunni narrative is that the Prophet observed the Jews fasting when he arrived in Medina. Your premise is that it was within the early stages of his stay in Medina.

Your analogy is funny but not applicable. A more appropriate analogy is, "Dad, were you happy when I was born?" "Well son," responds the Dad, "it depends on when you were born."

There is no law in Shari’ah which says it is forbidden to fight on Ashura, but there is a law which says it is forbidden to fight in the four sacred months, which includes Muharram, which includes Ashura, unless, of course, one is on the defense and being attacked during such a period. Therefore, your original question implying that Imam Husain رضى الله عنه chose to fight on a holy festival of fasting so do I have a better understanding of Islam than him, is moot. I don’t believe Imam Husain رضى الله عنه intended to fight anyone in the sacred month of Muharram, that he fought is because he was attacked without provocation, and therefore had a right to defend himself.

I fail to see how that disproves the notion that Ashura is a day for optional fasting.

I asked a completely speculative question. Given that battle was inevitable on Ashura and Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) asked for a 1 night delay for prayer and invocation, why the question of Ashura fasting didn't come up? It seems like your explanation is that Imam was going to die so what was the point of asking?

• Advanced Member

The fasting on Ashura is dumb.

Say your 2 sons get in a car accident and the younger son dies. Are you going to Party, Fast, and be Happy? Or are you going to be sad for your younger sons death?

18 hours ago, Ansur Shiat Ali said:

Say your 2 sons get in a car accident and the younger son dies. Are you going to Party, Fast, and be Happy? Or are you going to be sad for your younger sons death?

If fasting is like partying or celebrating, why is it haram to fast on Eid?

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
7 hours ago, Cherub786 said:

If fasting is like partying or celebrating, why is it haram to fast on Eid?

It's another haram chicken fatwa by you, we didn't say that fast on eid is haram anyway all mudlims knew that fasting in eid al fitr is haram anyway for Shias fasting on Ashura of Muharam is makruh because it's not a valid Eid & celebrating & fasting in Ashura is following Umnayds innovation for celebrating of martyrdom of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) 

6 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

we didn't say that fast on eid is haram

إِنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَدْ نَهَاكُمْ عَنْ صِيَامِ هَذَيْنِ الْعِيدَيْنِ

Regarding chicken, I quoted a Hadith from your literature in which sayyidina Ali كرم الله وجهه allegedly said chicken is the swine of birds, comparing chicken to pig.

Edited by Cherub786
  • Veteran Member
17 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

إِنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَدْ نَهَاكُمْ عَنْ صِيَامِ هَذَيْنِ الْعِيدَيْنِ

Regarding chicken, I quoted a Hadith from your literature in which sayyidina Ali كرم الله وجهه allegedly said chicken is the swine of birds, comparing chicken to pig.

@Cherub786 - since you insist on posting on a thread where you have already shown to have little knowledge, lets reset and I will ask again - why do you fast on 10th Muharram aka Ashura?

• Veteran Member
On 9/18/2020 at 9:48 PM, Ansur Shiat Ali said:

its even dumber than that.

Son died but you are celebrating with your Hindu and Jewish neighbors because their forefathers celebrated that day.