Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Anyone know this isnad and it’s authenticity?

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Three were lying to the Messenger of God (may God’s prayers be upon him and his family) 263 - Muhammad bin Ibrahim bin Ishaq al-Talqani, may God be pleased with him, told us, he said: Abdul Aziz bin Yahya told us, he said: Muhammad bin Zakaria told me, he said: Jaafar bin told usMuhammad bin Amara , on the authority of his father, said: I heard Jaafar bin Muhammad, peace be upon them both say: Three were lying about the Messenger of God, Abu Hurairah , Anas bin Malik , and a woman.

Is someone able to tell me the authenticity of this isnad and bring proof as well please. Thanks.

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, Fouad4 said:

Three were lying to the Messenger of God (may God’s prayers be upon him and his family) 263 - Muhammad bin Ibrahim bin Ishaq al-Talqani, may God be pleased with him, told us, he said: Abdul Aziz bin Yahya told us, he said: Muhammad bin Zakaria told me, he said: Jaafar bin told usMuhammad bin Amara , on the authority of his father, said: I heard Jaafar bin Muhammad, peace be upon them both say: Three were lying about the Messenger of God, Abu Hurairah , Anas bin Malik , and a woman.

Is someone able to tell me the authenticity of this isnad and bring proof as well please. Thanks.

al-Majlisi included it in Bihar al-Anwar

الخصال: الطالقاني، عن الجلودي، عن الجوهري، عن ابن عمارة، عن أبيه، قال: سمعت جعفر بن محمد (عليه السلام) يقول: ثلاثة كانوا يكذبون على رسول الله (صلى الله عليه وآله) أبو هريرة، وأنس بن مالك، وامرأة 

v.22 p.242

http://shiaonlinelibrary.com/الكتب/1453_بحار-الأنوار-العلامة-المجلسي-ج-٢٢/الصفحة_244

Shaykh Haydar Hobbollah did not include it in his compilation of reliable narrations from Bihar al-Anwar (al-Mu'tabar min Bihar al-Anwar)

Just doing a quick search, the person who narrated it to Saduq, al-Taliqani isn't considered reliable, al-Khu'i says:

وأما وثاقته فهي لم تثبت، وليس في ترضي الصدوق (قده) عليه دلالة على الحسن

And as for his reliability, it is not established and the tardhi of al-Saduq (qs) is not a proof of goodliness 

Mu'jam Rijal al-Hadith, v.10 p.228

http://shiaonlinelibrary.com/الكتب/3006_معجم-رجال-الحديث-السيد-الخوئي-ج-١٥/الصفحة_228#top

• Veteran Member
14 minutes ago, Fouad4 said:

So is this not a reliable hadith? And do we not follow it then?

I guess it is up to you and how you understand it, if you take it that it means three from the era of the companions, I don't think there is much of an issue with it. I remember reading a hadith that said that the companions didn't lie about the Prophet (s) they just didn't understand what he was saying, especially with regards what became abrogated.

But of course others would disagree with this narration about the number of liars being limited to three. Allahu a'lam

Edited by Ali_Hussain