Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Urgent

Rate this topic

• Advanced Members
15 hours ago, Muntazrr said:

I want to know is it wajib to cut nails and pubic and armpit hairs ? Please provide evidence too.

Thank you

Yes, it is wajib to trim your fingernails and remove your pubic and armpit hairs at least once every forty days, and it is Sunnah/Mustahhab to do so once a week on Yawm al-Jumu'ah before the Khutbat ul-Jumu'ah.

عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ، قَالَ وَقَّتَ لَنَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم حَلْقَ الْعَانَةِ وَتَقْلِيمَ الأَظْفَارِ وَقَصَّ الشَّارِبِ وَنَتْفَ الإِبْطِ أَرْبَعِينَ يَوْمًا مَرَّةً

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) fixed forty days to shave the pubes, paring the nails, clipping the moustaches, and plucking the hair under the armpit.

• Advanced Member
15 hours ago, Muntazrr said:

I want to know is it wajib to cut nails and pubic and armpit hairs ? Please provide evidence too.

Thank you

Ali Bin Ibrahim, form his father, from Al Nowfaly, 

(It has been narrated) from Abu Abd Allah(asws) having said: ‘Rasool-Allah (saws) said: ‘The one who was a believer in Allah (عزّ وجلّ) and the Last Day, so he should not leave his pubic hair for more than forty (40) days, nor is it Permissible for a woman who believes in Allah (عزّ وجلّ) and the Last Day that she should leave that from her for more than twenty (20) days’.

Al Kafi – V 6 – The Book of Outfits and the Beautification and the Magnanimity Ch 45 H 11

Ahmad Bin Muhammad, from Al Qasim Bin Yahya, from his grandfather Al Hassan Bin Rashid, from Muhammad Bin Muslim, from Abu Abd Allah (asws) says that ‘Amir Al-Momineen Ali (asws) said: 

‘I would love it for the Believer if he were to wax (to remove unwanted hair) during every fifteen days’

Al Kafi – V 6 – The Book of Outfits and the Beautification and the Magnanimity Ch 45 H 8

Relevant Narrations,

One of our companions, from Ibn Jamhour, from Muhammad Bin Al Qasim, from Abdullah Bin Abu Yafour who said, 

‘We were in Al-Medina, so Zurara disputed with me regarding plucking of the armpit and shaving it’. So I said, ‘Shaving it is better’, and Zurara said, plucking it is better’. So I sought permission for us to see Abu Abd Allah (asws), so he (asws) permitted us, and he (asws) was in the bathhouse having waxed, and he (asws) had waxed his armpits. So I said to Zurara, ‘Does it suffice you?’ He said, ‘No, maybe this deed is for him, and it may not be allowed for me that I should do it’.

So he (asws) said: ‘In what (discussion) are you two?’ So I said, ‘Zurara is disputing with me regarding plucking the armpit and shaving it. I said shaving is better, and Zurara said plucking is better’. So he (asws) said: ‘You have hit the Sunnah and Zurara has erred. Shaving it is better than plucking it, and waxing it is better than shaving it’.

Then he (asws) said to us: ‘Get the waxing done’. So we said, ‘We did that three days ago’. So he (asws) said: ‘Repeat it, for the waxing is cleanliness’.

Al Kafi – V 4 – The Book of Hajj Ch 77 H 6

Muhammad Bin Yahya, from Ahmad Bin Muhammad Bin Isa, from Ali Bin Al Hakam, from Ali Bin Abu Hamza who said, 

‘I entered the bathhouse along with Abu Baseer, so we looked at Abu Abd Allah (asws) had waxed, and he (asws) had waxed his underarms with Al-Noura. So I informed Abu Baseer, so he said, ‘Guide me to him to ask him about it’. So I said, ‘I have seen him'. So he said, ‘You have seen him, and I cannot see him’, (as he was blind). Guide me to him’.

So I guided him to him, so he said to him, ‘May I be sacrificed for you! My 
guide informed me that you have waxed, and waxed your underarms with Al-Noura’. 

He (asws) said: ‘Yes, O Abu Muhammad! Plucking the underarms weakens the vision. 

Wax, O Abu Muhammad’. So he said, ‘I have waxed a few days beforehand’. So he (asws) said: ‘Wax, for it is cleaner’

Al Kafi – V 6 – The Book of Outfits and the Beautification and the Magnanimity Ch 43 H 9

• Advanced Member

as for the nails,

i had read a Narration few months ago in which the Infallibles said that one should trim thier nails every week. i wasn't able to find it for now.

for now, i will post some relevant Narrations. 

also please do download this app know as shia toolkit. it is really useful to find Narrations on various topics.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=anywheresoftware.b4a.SIAToolKit

It is narrated by Imam Ja'far Sadiq (asws) from his predecessors that the Holy Prophet (saws) said,

"Trimming nails prevents serious hardships and increases one's earnings."

Sawab al-A`amal, Page 52

Imam Sadiq (asws) said,

One who trims all his nails except one on Thursday and trims the remaining one on Friday, Allah would remove his poverty.

Sawab al-A`amal, Page 52

Imam Sadiq (asws) said,

Trimming nails on Friday saves one from leprosy, leucoderma and blindness. If it is not possible to trim them, one should at least rub them on something."

Sawab al-A`amal, Page 52

Imam Sadiq (asws) said,

One who recites:

"Bismillaahi wa billaahi wa alaa millaati rasoolillaah"

while trimming nails and moustache on Friday would get the reward of freeing a slave from the progeny of Ismail (عليه السلام) for each hair and nail trimmed." 

Sawab al-A`amal, Page 52

Imam Baqir (asws) said,

Do cut your nails indeed for verily they are Satan's resting place, and from him ensues forgetfulness

al-Kafi, v. 6, p. 490, no. 6; Mizan ul Hikmah, page No. 627

Imam Sadiq (asws) said,

Verily the most hidden and subtle way that Satan has managed to gain control over man is that he has made himself an abode under his nails

al-Kafi, v. 6, p. 490, no. 7; Mizan ul Hikmah, page No. 627

The Holy Prophet (saws) said,

It is narrated by Imam Ja'far Sadiq (asws) from his predecessors that the Messenger of Allah (saws) said, "For one who trims his nails on Friday the Almighty Allah would remove pain from his fingers and insert medicine to them."

Sawab al-A`amal, Page 5

The Holy Prophet (saws) said,

One who trims his nails and moustache on Thursday or Saturday will remain safe from the pain of teeth and eyes.

Sawab al-A`amal, Page 51

• Advanced Members
7 hours ago, Muntazrr said:

Can you provide evidence for this ?

Didn't you see the Hadith I quoted?

عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ، قَالَ وَقَّتَ لَنَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم حَلْقَ الْعَانَةِ وَتَقْلِيمَ الأَظْفَارِ وَقَصَّ الشَّارِبِ وَنَتْفَ الإِبْطِ أَرْبَعِينَ يَوْمًا مَرَّةً

• Basic Members
13 hours ago, Cherub786 said:

Didn't you see the Hadith I quoted?

Hadith without reference ?