Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Did Allah destroy people for being ignorant to the truth?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

:salam:

Were people like Noah’s people etc. destroyed for being ignorant or were they destroyed because they “knew” the truth and rejected it (Like firaun) or were they destroyed because they did not pay attention to the truth (like those who mocked).

• Veteran Member
16 minutes ago, THREE1THREE said:

Because they knew and were arrogant.

Why would anyone in the world know the truth and still reject it? Seeing the illuminated face of Imam Mahdi عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف, his immaculate character and his miracles, yet still rejecting it?

• Advanced Member

It's a common observation that when people are confronted with the truth, they actively don't want to accept it or even hear about it. The truth is painful and accepting it is even more. Plato's allegory of the cave is a good example.

Quran:

[11:27] But the chiefs of those who disbelieved from among his people said: We do not consider you but a mortal like ourselves, and we do not see any have followed you but those who are the meanest of us at first thought and we do not see in you any excellence over us; nay, we deem you liars.

• Advanced Member
49 minutes ago, Ejaz said:

Why would anyone in the world know the truth and still reject it?

Ask the trinitarians that I debate, I come with clear verse with its arguments they still deny the truth. 

Surah 5:14

And from those who say, "We are Christians" We took their covenant; but they forgot a portion of that of which they were reminded. So We caused among them animosity and hatred until the Day of Resurrection. And Allah is going to inform them about what they used to do.

the Quran exposes their true intentions.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Ejaz said:

Seeing the illuminated face of Imam Mahdi عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف, his immaculate character and his miracles, yet still rejecting it?

How about the noor of Ali and hussain ((عليه السلام)) the oppositions still transgressed after being called to the truth. 

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, THREE1THREE said:

Ask the trinitarians that I debate, I come with clear verse with its arguments they still deny the truth. 

Surah 5:14

And from those who say, "We are Christians" We took their covenant; but they forgot a portion of that of which they were reminded. So We caused among them animosity and hatred until the Day of Resurrection. And Allah is going to inform them about what they used to do.

the Quran exposes their true intentions.

They are a people who do not know, because of their brainwashing.

I also don’t think all of them will burn in hellfire, they could classified as Jahil e Muqassir.

Edited by Ejaz
  • Veteran Member
47 minutes ago, modaoudi said:

It's a common observation that when people are confronted with the truth, they actively don't want to accept it or even hear about it. The truth is painful and accepting it is even more. Plato's allegory of the cave is a good example.

Quran:

[11:27] But the chiefs of those who disbelieved from among his people said: We do not consider you but a mortal like ourselves, and we do not see any have followed you but those who are the meanest of us at first thought and we do not see in you any excellence over us; nay, we deem you liars.

But the question remains, do they know the truth? Have they made up arguments to convince themselves that they are right?

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Ejaz said:

They are a people who do not know, because of their brainwashing.

No, not if someone elaborates on everything. I do. Thus I prove that they are arrogant I establish everything upon a basis while using God’s gift which is rationality.  I’m only making articles about Christ for us muslims to bring trinitarians to Unitarianism and adhere to the-Way sect. And also for the muslims to understand the evangel and the Tanakh. 

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, Ejaz said:

:salam:

Were people like Noah’s people etc. destroyed for being ignorant or were they destroyed because they “knew” the truth and rejected it (Like firaun) or were they destroyed because they did not pay attention to the truth (like those who mocked).

Ayats 47:8-9, 26

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
On 8/13/2020 at 12:00 AM, modaoudi said:

Plato's allegory of the cave is a good example.

I enjoyed reading up on this allegory, but the people in the cave did not know the truth. For all they knew the man could be lying when he said there is a world outside, or that someone might be manipulating him.

Whereas Firaun may have known the truth when Musa (عليه السلام) did the snake miracle, especially considering his magicians testified to the superiority of his miracle. However, he said Musa (عليه السلام) was the teacher of the magicians (deluding himself).

We do not consider you but a mortal like ourselves

But in this case (if they’re telling the truth) then they don’t know the truth. So how would it be just to punish them?

Edited by Ejaz
  • Veteran Member
On 8/12/2020 at 10:00 AM, Berber-Shia said:

It's a common observation that when people are confronted with the truth, they actively don't want to accept it or even hear about it. The truth is painful and accepting it is even more.

ln my post-Dhur reading today, Ayat 10:44.

• Veteran Member

Sort of related question, but were children and babies killed in these destructions? Like with the people of Lot or in the event of Abraha & surah fil or with Firaun’s destruction 

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
16 minutes ago, Ejaz said:

but were children and babies killed in these destructions?

According to narrations when people of Noah rejected him then they became sterilized so for generation they didn't have any children & babies when great flood started that I think people of Lut didn't have babies & children because of too much practicing of sodomy & homosexuality.