Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The Hawzah betrayed Muhammad Baqir Alsadr

Rate this topic

• Advanced Members

This reminds me of an amazing book I had a chance to read, by Kanan Makiya entitled The Rope. It is about the the brutal murder of Sayyid Abdul Majid al-Khoei on 10 April 2003 at the Imam Ali shrine in Najaf. He was the son of the famous Ayatollah al-Khoei, and basically Muqtada al-Sadr had him murdered because he considered him a dangerous rival. Patrick Cockburn in his book on Muqtada, mentions that Abdul Majid, after being attacked and stabbed, was all bloodied and stumbled upon the house of Muqtada begging for mercy and refuge, but Muqtada sent a note to the guards outside the door, which read: "Don't let them sit by my door".

For me this is really shocking, and reveals how so many of our Ulama don't practice the basic things that Islam teaches, particularly those Ulama that are powerful political figures. I believe that in our day the Ulama are more or less corrupt.

• Moderators

The title of the video is quite an ignorant statement, considering the hawza to be one single entity. 

Furthermore bringing forward unverified stories and anecdotes doesn't add to the credibility of the speaker (who obviously wasn't present during this extremely dark time in Najaf)

Anyone who knows how Saddam and his mukhabaraat operated will understand that the situation was not as simple as some modern day speakers (living in comfort) try to portray. 

Their objections are not unlike the objections of those who rejected Imam Baqir (عليه السلام) and portrayed themselves as followers of Zayd (after he was martyred). 

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) protect us from fitnah

Guest Just the truth
10 hours ago, Cherub786 said:

This reminds me of an amazing book I had a chance to read, by Kanan Makiya entitled The Rope. It is about the the brutal murder of Sayyid Abdul Majid al-Khoei on 10 April 2003 at the Imam Ali shrine in Najaf. He was the son of the famous Ayatollah al-Khoei, and basically Muqtada al-Sadr had him murdered because he considered him a dangerous rival. Patrick Cockburn in his book on Muqtada, mentions that Abdul Majid, after being attacked and stabbed, was all bloodied and stumbled upon the house of Muqtada begging for mercy and refuge, but Muqtada sent a note to the guards outside the door, which read: "Don't let them sit by my door".

For me this is really shocking, and reveals how so many of our Ulama don't practice the basic things that Islam teaches, particularly those Ulama that are powerful political figures. I believe that in our day the Ulama are more or less corrupt.

Exactly same as the ulema of Saudi Arabia whom the king controls creating fitna in the ummah.

you follow them