Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Problems with the belief of life not being an accident

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam,

I have been thinking bout this and I know it is ridicilous to beleive that life is just an accident especially to someone like me that builds electronic circuitry, I know that all or most things in diffirent cells and animal bodies and plants have to be in the perfect places so that all goes well when the organism forms and tries to live life, I especially know this because if one electrical compenent is missing the circuit will most likely not work, work and blow up or just malfunction, in very rare cases do you not need some components. You obviously need intelligence to make sure everything is perfectly put.

But then my mind decides to say, but it happened over the period of billions of years, given time all of that is possible.

But then I pause and realise how ridicilous the thought of nature(no intelligence) makes things like legs or fins or eyes, just so the creatures could walk, swim , see and these things scream intelligence when you see them.

But then my mind just does it again, what about time? 

I just feel like im stuck in the issue and I am going nowhere.

ws

• Advanced Member
On 8/11/2020 at 5:47 PM, HusseinAbbas said:

Salam,

I have been thinking bout this and I know it is ridicilous to beleive that life is just an accident especially to someone like me that builds electronic circuitry, I know that all or most things in diffirent cells and animal bodies and plants have to be in the perfect places so that all goes well when the organism forms and tries to live life, I especially know this because if one electrical compenent is missing the circuit will most likely not work, work and blow up or just malfunction, in very rare cases do you not need some components. You obviously need intelligence to make sure everything is perfectly put.

But then my mind decides to say, but it happened over the period of billions of years, given time all of that is possible.

But then I pause and realise how ridicilous the thought of nature(no intelligence) makes things like legs or fins or eyes, just so the creatures could walk, swim , see and these things scream intelligence when you see them.

ws

Why must life be considered an accident if it takes time?

• Advanced Member
On 8/11/2020 at 5:47 PM, HusseinAbbas said:

Salam,

The universe was neither designed nor was it accidental.  There simply is no actual past nor an actual future (what you call past and future are just thoughts happening in the present).  Everything is Right here (Not in a physical sense) and right now (not in the temporal sense).  And that which is here and now is nothing other than awareness or consciousness (not your or my awareness, but simply awareness).  Everything you see that happens, happens in awareness, by awareness, through awareness and with awareness.   This is not a speculation or a theory.  This is simply the fact of the matter that can be verified through direct experience right now!

• Development Team
20 hours ago, HusseinAbbas said:

Salam,

I have been thinking bout this and I know it is ridicilous to beleive that life is just an accident... 

Alaikas Salaam, 

Billions of years, quadrillion of combinations are still not enough to make a human as perfect as we are. And then we have millions of animals, plants, insects, micro organism all living their lives. Even if we say this was the most perfect combination then where are the quadrillion failed combinations save one. Why don't we see them nor we felt their affect on us. With the amount of asteroids flying and star collapsing, we should be extinct million years back. 

Perfection is not achieved by accident. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Refer to part 1 of this book: https://www.al-islam.org/revealer-messenger-message-sayyid-muhammad-baqir-al-sadr/part-1-revealer#scientific-argument-existence-god-exalted

But I suggest just reading the whole book, it's not that long, and it's by Sayyid Baqir Sadr!

Edited by AStruggler