Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Deafness and ghusl

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
36 minutes ago, Dalimai said:

Do I need to do ghusl again?..

Sorry I still don't really understand your concern, based on what you have said you don't, imagining a song in your head doesn't require you to perform wudhu or ghusl.

Read through the laws pertaining to ghusl here: https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2168/

• Advanced Member

I'm deaf and when I was done with ghusl and i stepped out of the bath tub my mind played a song and I'm worried if it makes my ghusl invalid. I think these thought are whispers because I've had finished the ghsul and I stepped out. I need answer very simple

• Veteran Member
32 minutes ago, Dalimai said:

I'm deaf and when I was done with ghusl and i stepped out of the bath tub my mind played a song and I'm worried if it makes my ghusl invalid. I think these thought are whispers because I've had finished the ghsul and I stepped out. I need answer very simple

Your ghusl is fine

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Dalimai said:

I'm deaf and when I was done with ghusl and i stepped out of the bath tub my mind played a song and I'm worried if it makes my ghusl invalid. I think these thought are whispers because I've had finished the ghsul and I stepped out. I need answer very 

Hearing a song does not neccesitate ghusl. however intentionally listening to haram music is a sin.

As for the waswas remember Allah and turn your thoughts away from it if it is a waswasa. 

Edited by Rohani
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Dalimai said:

Today has happened again but this time it was during the ghusl. Is my ghusl valid? 

Please answer me I dont think I will be able to sleep all night today 

There is nothing wrong with this ghusul and it is valid, having musical thoughts as the members above have mentioned does not require ghusul to be performed so this should be fine.

With regards to the second issue, i'm unsure, it's best someone more knowledgeable answers

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
9 hours ago, Dalimai said:

Just now I've noticed I babe nail glue on my nail. Is my ghusl valid even after these two problems? 

Salam if you saw it before doing Ghusl then you must remove it but if you noticed it after  doing Ghusl & the glue just covers a small area of your nail then you don’t need repeat your ghusl. 

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Dalimai said:

Just to make sure Shiaofali12 the song wasnt on my lip like you say for niyyat and bissmillah is it still fine?

And thank you you two for the answer 

Yeah if its on your mind like your thinking it, it doesn't require you to do ghusul. Even if you sing aloud, like someone can hear you, you still don't need to do ghusul for it. 

https://www.al-islam.org/islamic-laws-ayatullah-ali-al-husayni-al-sistani/taharat#ghusl-obligatory-baths

In this link, it provides the rulings on the various things that require ghusul:

• Bath for Janabat 

• Bath for Hayz (for women only)

• Bath for Nifas (for women only)

• Bath for Istihaza (for women only)

• Bath for touching a dead body

• Bath for a dead body

• Bath which becomes obligatory on account of a vow or an oath to perform it.

Issue 351: * A person enters the state of Janabat in two ways:

• Sexual intercourse

• Discharge of semen, while sleeping or when awake, little or more, with lust or otherwise, voluntarily or involuntarily.

It is a good idea that you learn the rulings with accordance to your marja, if you follow Sayed Sistani, https://www.al-islam.org/islamic-laws-sayyid-ali-hussaini-sistani then this book will help.

With Duas and Salams.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 8/30/2020 at 8:28 AM, Dalimai said:

I think there is a misunderstood about the topic of song is that. I'm asking about the song playing in mind  ghusl not if it will break my ghusl like sexual fluid 

Salams.

Having musical thoughts, song playing in mind, does not require you to have ghusul, nor will it break your ghusul. Having musical thoughts does not require you to do wudu either, nor will it break your wudu. So having songs playing in your mind does not break your ghusul.

If you have any other questions, do ask. 

With Duas and Salams.

Edited by ShiaofAli12
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam, 

Ghusl is considered the major ablution, as opposed to wudhu which is considered the minor ablution. 

Ghusl is required in three scenarios 

1. Sexual intercourse ( or discharge of seman - jannabat)

2. Touching a dead body 

3. Mensuration ( ghusl Hayd)

Also, ghusl can purify ones self, and replace wudhu.

Only najasat's can invalidate ghusl such as seman, blood, urinate, stool, sexual intercourse, touching a dead body, mensuration etc...

Listening to music, hearing music, or even reciting music before, during, or after ghusl does not invalidate it. 

Anyways, if you see a nijasat during ghusl you can do the following things.

1. Continue your ghusl by cleaning the area, and then performing Wudhu 

2. Restart your ghusl and perform Wudhu as a precaution 

It's important to note that before you start ghusl you should clean any nijasat from your body, this can simply be done by taking a normal shower, and once satisfied you are clean, you can go ahead and do ghusl. 

Edited by YoungSkiekh313
  • Advanced Member

I believe what @YoungSkiekh313 saying that your ghusul is valid because you found it after you finished. Because you found it after, then it doesn't matter. Next time you do ghusl, make sure to remove all najasat before you start ghusl.

Now I'm speaking about another situation. If during ghusul you found poo and didn't clean it, then your ghusl will be void because if you find najasat during ghusl, then it must be cleaned.