Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why do some Muslims believe that there is no Mahdi

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Cherub786 said:

exceptional example as evidence of a general principle

so you reject verse of holy Quran then you must Islam 101 from beginning :book: because Allah gave prophethood to prophet  Yahya(عليه السلام) while he was a boy so my example is not an exception .

[Allah] said, "O John, take the Scripture with determination." And We gave him judgement [while yet] a boy (12) 

http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.sahih/19:12

Prophethood
Yahya (a) became a prophet when he was a child. One of his characteristics was the fact that he was a confirmer of Jesus (a).[9] Yahya (a) followed and promoted the shari'a of Moses (a), but when Jesus (a) became a prophet, he followed him. According to historical sources, Yahya (a) was six months elder than Jesus (a) and was the first person to confirm and believe in Jesus' (a) prophethood. Owing to his piety and chastity, his Jesus's (a) confirmation influenced many people to believe in him.[10]

'Allama Tabataba'i states that "the book" mentioned in the Qur'an [11] that Yahya (a) is ordered to hold on with power is Torah.[12]

http://en.wikishia.net/view/Yahya_(a)

Edited by Ashvazdanghe
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Cherub786 said:

I believe in the Nuzul of sayyidina Masih عليه السلام but I am not certain about its modality. It is possible, perhaps even likely, that the prophecy of his second coming refers to the appearance of someone from this Ummah who resembles him and will emerge from the east of Damascus.

Most sunnis would disagree with that, good luck trying to prove that to them.

This is really a first, a guy who ressembles Isa(عليه السلام) is not an answer I thought some muslims beleived, I knew some muslims like Abu Layth reject the return of Isa(عليه السلام) completly but to say that "someone who looks like him will come" is something I have never heard.

I completely reject any concept of a supernatural Ghaybah for any human mortal.

Well, if you want to reject that Allah(stw) can conceal and give a human being a long life and let him return to a certain specific place where he fufills a profecy, then that is on you.

I on the other hand beleive this is plausible, Allah(stw) created a humam without a father Isa(عليه السلام) and he made muhammad(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) split the moon by pointing at it which are all supernatural things that sound crazy to non muslims and they mock us for it.

Edited by HusseinAbbas