Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Popular Shia Sheikh says that Imam Ali(as) is equal to the Prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, MarkTenEighteen said:

Any Muslim that proceeds to say Muhammad (saws) is better than an Ul Al Azam (5 greatest prophets Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad) is doing innovation (bidah).

And then there's this beautiful verse about Jesus (saws) showing his supreme presitige as an example as to why we don't make comparisons between prophets.

Notice how the word "some" even in Arabic means more than the singular form which is why the Quran itself denies Muhammad (saws) being better than Jesus (saws) let alone their grandfather Abraham (saws).

Another point I would like to stress is that nowhere in the Quran does it say Muhammad (saws) family is superior over previous holy families such as Jesus (saws) and Abraham (saws), but they are chosen to be followed by Allah in the Quran without distinction.

Are you Christian (not assuming just asking)? You seem to be using (saws) for Jesus and Abraham instead of (عليه السلام) and you are quoting Mark in your bio?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's just Modarresi being Modarresi. This Sunni Defense channel are doing a whole series on him, which is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel. This is the full video: Around the 1

He said the truth. Let me elaborate his message although I haven't seen the video. And I would like to build my argument on the basis of just one verse of Qur'an: Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 61

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said that he is a slave of Muhammad (S).   and this isn’t fake humility and nor is it a slave to the mere “function” of prophethood as prophethood (nubbuwat and risalat) in

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Read through this thread there are several narrations shared that say the Qur'an is weightier than the Ahl al-Bayt

It’s going to be difficult for someone who believes in Tahreef to accept the Quran being the greater of Thaqlayn. Honestly, modern Tashayyu culture has absolved itself from the Quran for whatever reason.

Just watch in the coming days, every joe from the streets will debut their new noha album with about 10 tracks. This is what Tashayyu culture is all about these days. When pressed on naming (Just naming! Forget reading) ten chapters from Allah’s book, these same rockstars will draw a blank after 4 or 5 chapters.

Edited by 786:)
  • Veteran Member
13 minutes ago, 786:) said:

It’s going to be difficult for someone who believes in Tahreef to accept the Quran being the greater of Thaqlayn. Honestly, modern Tashayyu culture has absolved itself from the Quran for whatever reason.

Just watch in the coming days, every joe from the streets will debut their new noha album with about 10 tracks. This is what Tashayyu culture is all about these days. When pressed on naming (Just naming! Forget reading) ten chapters from Allah’s book, these same rockstars will draw a blank after 4 or 5 chapters.

There were definitely some weird arguments put forth in that thread

• Basic Members
1 hour ago, Ejaz said:

Are you Christian (not assuming just asking)? You seem to be using (saws) for Jesus and Abraham instead of (عليه السلام) and you are quoting Mark in your bio?

A follower of Islam, the prophets of Islam, the holy families of Islam, and the righteous companions that were loyal by those aforementioned prophets and families.

Some parts of the Injil (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Revelations) had less or no influence by Paul who was the supposed aforementioned false prophet by Jesus (saws). I use Mark 10:18 because it is the oldest book and the verse that best proves oneness of God (Tawhid).

As to why I use (saws) for Jesus (saws) and Abraham (saws) it is written in the Quran in the verses in my previous post that all Ul Al Azam prophets are equal.

You should read this hadith by Imam Musa (عليه السلام) where we see Jesus (saws) role in our religion

" Abu Ibrahim then said to him, "I can tell you a news that only very few people who read books know." Tell me what was the name of the mother of Mary and when the spirit was blown in Mary and in which hour of the day? What was the date when Jesus was born and during which hour of the day?" The Christian man said, "I do not know." Abu Ibrahim then said, "The name of the mother of Mary was Martha and ‘Wahayba’ in Arabic. The day Mary conceived with Jesus was a Friday at noontime. It was the day in which the trusted spirit descended and among the Muslims there is no holiday of greater preference than this. Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, has advanced it with greatness and Muhammad (s.a) has venerated it with greatness. He commanded it to be observed as a holiday, thus, it is the day of congregation.- Al Kafi 

The difference between (عليه السلام) and (saws) is that we are denying the respect of the family of that prophet even when they are explicitly mentioned as having their families blessed in the same verses as Muhammad (saws) own Ahl Ul Bayt (عليه السلام).

Lo! Allah preferred Adam and Noah and the Family of Abraham and the Family of 'Imran above (all His) creatures. Surah 19:58

Unfortunately, most of the of the scholars and theologians like to compare prophets and do the same thing Christians did to Jesus (saws) as well as the Jews to Moses (saws) because they they think there is more blessing in not respecting and appreciating our prophets equally.

Guest Pschological Warfare

Yes, Muharram is here and InsAallah Azadar will announce the new to the world. In their language and according to their culture. May Allah(عزّ وجلّ) protect ALL Azadar in whatever form they Serve. 

("Sayyid Ibn Tawoos says, that the narrator says, that then they left from Karbala towards Madinah. Basheer bin Jazlam says, that when we reached near Madinah, Imam Ali Zainul Abedeen ((عليه السلام).) dismounted there and pitched tents and told the women to alight too, and then said,

“O Basheer! May Allah have mercy upon your father, he was a poet. Then can you recite elegies too?”

I replied, “Yes, O son of the Prophet of Allah (S)! I too am a poet”. Imam ((عليه السلام).) said,

“Then go to Madinah and announce the news of the martyrdom of Abu Abdullah ((عليه السلام).)”.)

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235052840-is-there-a-dibil-here-who-can-compose-a-line-or/

------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------

As far as been a roller desk in concerned. Maybe you can explain the message/Concept here- Let me give you a hint- 47:2 is addressing the 'Believers" red Surah #23( The Believers) who do 'Good Works" - Believers who believe in the Qur'an and Act according to it- So what is this "and believe in what has been revealed to Muhammad," and "it is the very truth from their Lord ? If you believe in the Qur'an and act according to ALL but if you do not believe in that ALL is null and void. Now read 5:67 and understand the Message and Concept. You Prayera/Salat/, Fasting, Zakat, Hajj, ALL good work are null and void if you do not believe in that additional Directive that was revealed and it is the Truth. Believer and his/her Islamic acts without that are of no use. Same concept 5:67 All was delivered but if this (5:67) was not delivered nothing was delivered. 

Surah: #47 ( Muhammad) 

الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَصَدُّوا عَنْ سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ أَضَلَّ أَعْمَالَهُمْ {1}

[Shakir 47:1] (As for) those who disbelieve and turn away from Allah's way, He shall render their works ineffective.
[Pickthal 47:1] Those who disbelieve and turn (men) from the way of Allah, He rendereth their actions vain.
[Yusufali 47:1] Those who reject Allah and hinder (men) from the Path of Allah,- their deeds will Allah render astray (from their mark).

وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَآمَنُوا بِمَا نُزِّلَ عَلَىٰ مُحَمَّدٍ وَهُوَ الْحَقُّ مِنْ رَبِّهِمْ ۙ كَفَّرَ عَنْهُمْ سَيِّئَاتِهِمْ وَأَصْلَحَ بَالَهُمْ {2}

[Shakir 47:2] And (as for) those who believe and do good, and believe in what has been revealed to Muhammad, and it is the very truth from their Lord, He will remove their evil from them and improve their condition.
[Pickthal 47:2] And those who believe and do good works and believe in that which is revealed unto Muhammad - and it is the truth from their Lord - He riddeth them of their ill-deeds and improveth their state.
[Yusufali 47:2] But those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and believe in the (Revelation) sent down to Muhammad - for it is the Truth from their Lord,- He will remove from them their ills and improve their condition.

ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا اتَّبَعُوا الْبَاطِلَ وَأَنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّبَعُوا الْحَقَّ مِنْ رَبِّهِمْ ۚ كَذَٰلِكَ يَضْرِبُ اللَّهُ لِلنَّاسِ أَمْثَالَهُمْ {3}

[Shakir 47:3] That is because those who disbelieve follow falsehood, and those who believe follow the truth from their Lord; thus does Allah set forth to men their examples.
[Pickthal 47:3] That is because those who disbelieve follow falsehood and because those who believe follow the truth from their Lord. Thus Allah coineth their similitudes for mankind.
[Yusufali 47:3] This because those who reject Allah follow vanities, while those who believe follow the Truth from their Lord: Thus does Allah set forth for men their lessons by similitudes.

&

يَا أَيُّهَا الرَّسُولُ بَلِّغْ مَا أُنْزِلَ إِلَيْكَ مِنْ رَبِّكَ ۖ وَإِنْ لَمْ تَفْعَلْ فَمَا بَلَّغْتَ رِسَالَتَهُ ۚ وَاللَّهُ يَعْصِمُكَ مِنَ النَّاسِ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الْكَافِرِينَ {67}

[Shakir 5:67] O Messenger! deliver what bas been revealed to you from your Lord; and if you do it not, then you have not delivered His message, and Allah will protect you from the people; surely Allah will not guide the unbelieving people.
[Pickthal 5:67] O Messenger! Make known that which hath been revealed unto thee from thy Lord, for if thou do it not, thou wilt not have conveyed His message. Allah will protect thee from mankind. Lo! Allah guideth not the disbelieving folk.
[Yusufali 5:67] O Messenger! proclaim the (message) which hath been sent to thee from thy Lord. If thou didst not, thou wouldst not have fulfilled and proclaimed His mission. And Allah will defend thee from men (who mean mischief). For Allah guideth not those who reject Faith.

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2020 at 11:04 AM, crashproof said:

The video

Popular Sheikh Mahdi Modarresi stated that Imam Ali shares every single one of the virtues and attributes of the Holy Prophet. He then moves on to say that this makes Ali equal to The Prophet in every way.

Im a shia, but please tell me that this is ridiculous. We don’t believe that Ali is equal to the Prophet at all right? 

"I am the City of Knowledge and Ali is its gate". A city and a gate are not the same.

Ali (عليه السلام) followed the Propjwt (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). A leader and a follower are not the same.

Being the nafs means Ali (عليه السلام) deserves the same respect as the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) but does not make them equals.

Edited by ShiaMan14