Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Tips for Quran recitation voice

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam wa3laykoum so it’s been over a year of learning Quran recitation proper tajweed and Pronunciation with a teacher but I would like to start focusing on making my voice nice and I can’t really find anything on YouTube. Could anyone help me find something with tips or ways I can do this? 

• Moderators

Walaikum as salaam brother

My feedback might or might not help you. There was a time 4-5 years ago where a few brothers I was reciting with became very focused on maqaamaat (different types of melodies, such as nahawand, hijaz, bayaat etc) and if you search this stuff on youtube you will find a lot of clips.

However personally I preferred to step away from it. These melodies originate from arabian music and therefore not the ahlulbayt (عليه السلام). My observation is that people become so engrossed by the melody that it becomes the central focus. 

Therefore all I can say is continue to perfect the tajweed, recite from the heart and try and learn the ayaat themselves as well as their background/tafseer.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) reward you. 

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, Mahdavist said:

Walaikum as salaam brother

My feedback might or might not help you. There was a time 4-5 years ago where a few brothers I was reciting with became very focused on maqaamaat (different types of melodies, such as nahawand, hijaz, bayaat etc) and if you search this stuff on youtube you will find a lot of clips.

However personally I preferred to step away from it. These melodies originate from arabian music and therefore not the ahlulbayt (عليه السلام). My observation is that people become so engrossed by the melody that it becomes the central focus. 

Therefore all I can say is continue to perfect the tajweed, recite from the heart and try and learn the ayaat themselves as well as their background/tafseer.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) reward you. 

Jazak allah khayran. 
ive heard people say it’s Sunnah to recite in a nice voice and yes I agree that it shouldn’t be the main focus to have a nice voice but currently my voice is very deep and I want to work on it to make it more better (not my main focus) but just make it a little better 

• Advanced Member
55 minutes ago, Ali2196 said:

Salam wa3laykoum so it’s been over a year of learning Quran recitation proper tajweed and Pronunciation with a teacher but I would like to start focusing on making my voice nice and I can’t really find anything on YouTube. Could anyone help me find something with tips or ways I can do this? 

Walaikum salam brother.

Have you heard of Qari Zuhair Hussaini?

His insta for recitations: @qarizuhair

Main insta: @zuhair_h 

Youtube: https://l.instagram.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutube.com%2Fqarizuhair%2F&e=ATOGJBphH1gO9XBbIzM2KeoI-oxjFYaew2Jk8tbPKywUEEl8Q6zMh3auxUESKpgR8Mj_cSzxOx8qEDZc05hVYyU&s=1

He’s pretty big in the Shia community for recitations and calligraphy and he gives tips for reciting on his insta.

Check him out and see what you think.

Hope this helped Insha’Allah.