Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Shia Social Networking App

Rate this topic

• Moderators

Salam alaikum brother. 

Excellent idea mashaAllah. Sounds good. Unfortunately I lack the technical skills to help, but perhaps I can help in other ways (will send you a PM). 

I had actually once wondered about an app that can find you a place to pray when you are travelling or passing through a new city. 

One can of course find an open public area (if there are no masajid available or open) but in terms of performing wudhu and in particular for women, it is often more appropriate to find a concealed area. The idea was that each person registers their home as a kind of masjid where a traveler can stop off, pray, and then continue with their journey. The same app can include nearby masajid and islamic centres along with their opening times. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Mahdavist said:

Salam alaikum brother. 

Excellent idea mashaAllah. Sounds good. Unfortunately I lack the technical skills to help, but perhaps I can help in other ways (will send you a PM). 

I had actually once wondered about an app that can find you a place to pray when you are travelling or passing through a new city. 

One can of course find an open public area (if there are no masajid available or open) but in terms of performing wudhu and in particular for women, it is often more appropriate to find a concealed area. The idea was that each person registers their home as a kind of masjid where a traveler can stop off, pray, and then continue with their journey. The same app can include nearby masajid and islamic centres along with their opening times. 

Salam br. Yeah, I had the same idea a while ago for an app like that. This is what I am talking about. That could be one of the services offered on the platform. I will wait for your pm

• Moderators

What we can use it for is shia networking eg for people looking for jobs, those moving to new areas and looking for housing etc, recommendations for trusted shia owned businesses, shia people who would want to outsource online work to other shias etc. 

• Advanced Member

Masha’Allah this sounds like a good idea brother.

45 minutes ago, Mahdavist said:

Sounds good. Unfortunately I lack the technical skills to help

Likewise, but hopefully we can support in other ways.

I feel like this will help the youth of our community Insha’Allah and help people to stick onto their deen more easily.

Looking forward to any updates brother, keep up the good work!

Guest Demon King

Salaamun Alaikum Akhi !

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) accept your intention, efforts and reward you. This will indeed be a great utility app for features which can be further added such as locating, connecting a nearby Islamic center for a Shia Brother / Sister who has moved to a new country via their Geo location, also can help book nearby Islamic Centres for Majlis - e - Aza, Maulood Celebrations, Weddings etc for specific day and time, Matrimony Services, Funeral Services etc.

I only have a little bit of testing, support experience along with little bit of analytics.

I'd humbly request you to first scramble a MVP prior to a prototype.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام) help you in this endeavor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I dont know if it still exists(maybe not) but nearly a decade ago they had a site called Shia Facebook(kind of like a facebook for shias), it was up and started getting many members especially in the early 2010s, but i think that site seems non existing now, anyway maybe someone should create another site like that like a shia social media site!!