Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Imams of ahlul bayt alive and can hear.

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Okay so I’m respect to our Sunni brothers not trying to cause fitna nothing. I love yous as much as I love everyone else but all I’m gonna is share this link and the topic make sense

We are told ahlul bayt can’t hear because they are dead well by a respected Sunni mufti who I like as well explains this perfectly :) 

Just a link I shared so others can use for debates sake 

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Cherub786 Rasool Allah [saww] addressing the Kuffar who were killed in the battle of Badr Narrated Ibn ‘Umar: “The Messenger of Allah spoke to the People (buried) in the Well saying: “Have

@Cherub786 so you’re just going to disagree with every comment and not reply to the sufficient evidences we provided. Kind of ironic how we’re talking about the “deaf, [and] blind”.

Obviously not. Obviously yes. Is this really a mainstream thing to do? I don’t think this is haram or shirk, but probably useless. It also doesn’t really make any sense for people who be

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

Now we don’t pray to Muhammad or Ali or Hussein only Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is worthy of worship. 

as mufti mentioned it shuts down all the comebacks you have saying they are dead and can’t hear.

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, THREE1THREE said:

Ahlulbayt can hear us through angels conveying our requests to interceder.

There is no proof for that. We only have prove the angels convey our salaams, and that doesn’t mean the Imams ‘hear’ us. If I tell you that so-and-so sends their salaam to you, it doesn’t mean you hear so-and-so. If the angels conveyed more than the salaams, then why would the hadith limit it to that? It could have said the angels convey your speech or convey your requests.

3 hours ago, THREE1THREE said:

who moves the clouds ? Angels who takes life away ? An angel, who holds Allah’s Arsh ? An angel. Angels have different job cards. 

Yes, but there are some differences here. The first being that Allah tells us that angels do these things, but He doesn’t tell us about these roles people have assigned to the Imams. Secondly, angels don’t have free will, and everything they do is from a direct command of Allah. The angel of death hasn’t been delegated the task of deciding which life to take. Allah decides that.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

The angel of death hasn’t been delegated the task of deciding which life to take. Allah decides that.

1. Just because it’s not mentioned that does not mean you Nullify it, your own rationality would come to that conclusion.

2. the same way Allah has designated angels to move the clouds, their are angels who’s job card is to carry the requests. The imams are not all-hearing like Allah (astugfurillah)

Edited by THREE1THREE
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, Ali2196 said:

because they are dead

You believe this?

This is contrary to what is said in the Quran:

And do not say that whoso is killed in the path of Allah his dead. No! Indeed they are alive but you do not know how. (Surah 2, al-Baqarah verse 154)

• Moderators

Asbag bin Nubatah says, “I saw my master, Amirul Mu’minin ((عليه السلام).) standing at the gate of Kufa looking towards the desert. It appeared that he was busy talking with someone but there was no one. I also stood up. After a long time I felt tired. So I sat down and got up again after a while. But ‘Ali ((عليه السلام)) was still busy talking. I went a step forward and asked, 'O Amirul Mu’minin! Who is it you are talking to?'

He said, 'This talk of mine was to please the spirits of the faithful.' I asked, 'Which faithful? No one from those who have passed away is present here.' He said, 'Yes, they are present here.' I again asked, 'Are they present here physically or in spirit?' He replied, 'Their spirits. Had you been able to do so, you could have seen how they gather at a place, talk mutually and please one another remembering the gifts and bounties of God.'“

----------------------------

It is mentioned in Maniul Akhbar that the Holy Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).s.) said, “Go on sending gifts to your dead.” The companions asked, “O Messenger of God! What can be a gift for the dead?” The Prophet said, “Supplications and alms.”

Then he added, “Every Friday eve, the spirits of the dead come to the nearest sky and, standing in front of their homes, cry out weeping sorrowfully, 'O my family members! O my children! O my parents and O my near and dear ones! Be kind to us. God will be kind to you. We have to account here for what wealth and property we had in the world and by which others benefit there. Please do us some favour, be it through a dirham or bread or a cloth. God will adorn you with heavenly dress.

https://www.al-islam.org/the-hereafter-maad-ayatullah-dastaghaib-shirazi/barzakh-purgatory-stage-between-world-and-hereafter

If souls of ordinary human beings can communicate with the living why can't Imams (عليه السلام) 

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, THREE1THREE said:

1. Just because it’s not mentioned that does not mean you Nullify it, your own rationality would come to that conclusion.

And if you assume something that isn’t mentioned then how is your own rationality not coming in to that conclusion?

When it comes to beliefs, I don’t go beyond what is proven, since it can only ever be speculation.

1 hour ago, THREE1THREE said:

2. the same way Allah has designated angels to move the clouds, their are angels who’s job card is to carry the requests. The imams are not all-hearing like Allah (astugfurillah)

I’m glad you believe this, but there are plenty of Shias that do indeed believe the Imams are all-hearing. They wouldn’t say ‘like Allah’, but for all practical purposes they are. And not only can they see and hear everything on earth, but they know the intentions of those calling to them as well, since otherwise they wouldn’t know which requests deserve to be answered and which don’t.

• Veteran Member

It amazing when you get into these debates how little direct proof people have for their beliefs (and when they do they are often blatant fabrications), and how much is along the lines of ‘Look at this thing over here. If this is possible, then why not what we believe?’ What is this if not qiyas?

The fact of the matter is supplicating to the Imams has become a completely widespread practice among Shias, and is fiercely defended. If it was so important, then why did the Imams not teach it themselves? Why are we reduced to all this speculative analogical reasoning?

• Advanced Member
29 minutes ago, starlight said:

You believe this?

This is contrary to what is said in the Quran:

And do not say that whoso is killed in the path of Allah his dead. No! Indeed they are alive but you do not know how. (Surah 2, al-Baqarah verse 154)

No I meant like they tell us that they are dead. I don’t belive it but ahlul sunnah do. I probably didn’t make sense in what I said but I’m saying that they make fun of us yet mufti menk just proved our point. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

The fact of the matter is supplicating to the Imams has become a completely widespread practice among Shias, and is fiercely defended. If it was so important, then why did the Imams not teach it themselves? Why are we reduced to all this speculative analogical reasoning?

2:170

• Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

And if you assume something that isn’t mentioned then how is your own rationality not coming in to that conclusion?

When it comes to beliefs, I don’t go beyond what is proven, since it can only ever be speculation.

1. It is established that imams are not all-knowing otherwise that would be under ghuluw. 

2. naturally you would come to the conclusion that something must inform the imam ((عليه السلام)) about our request for intercession. So rationally you would come to the conclusion that an angel must have the wisdom/criterion of who’s request to be granted, Allah grants that to the angel similarly the way Jesus knew of what was in the houses of people.  

17 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

ere are plenty of Shias that do indeed believe the Imams are all-hearing. They wouldn’t say ‘like Allah’,

Weather they add “like Allah” or not they are implying it, therefore it’s shirk. 

15 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

The fact of the matter is supplicating to the Imams

In Dua you say in the name of so I ask you Allah or I ask you O’so to ask Allah. Or perhaps I ask you Allah through so and so. 

Surah Al-Najm 53: 26

How many an angel there is in the heavens whose intercession is of no avail in any way EXCEPT after Allah grants permission to whomever He wishes and approves of!

does Allah approve of the Ahlulbayt ? 

Surah Al-Zukhruf 43:86

Those whom they invoke besides Him have no power of intercession, EXCEPT THOSE WHO ARE WITNESS TO THE TRUTH and who know [for whom to intercede].

are the Ahlulbayt witness to the truth ? 

• Veteran Member
2 minutes ago, THREE1THREE said:

1. It is established that imams are not all-knowing otherwise that would be under ghuluw. 

Of course. They will always maintain there is some nominal difference in knowledge, but in tactical terms when it comes to this world at least, they know everything. But of course, that knowledge comes from Allah.

2. naturally you would come to the conclusion that something must inform the imam ((عليه السلام)) about our request for intercession. So rationally you would come to the conclusion that an angel must have the wisdom/criterion of who’s request to be granted, Allah grants that to the angel similarly the way Jesus knew of what was in the houses of people.  

No, because I don’t assume that I’m meant to be asking them for intercession. I follow the Qur’an and authentic ahadith that tell me to supplicating directly to Allah, with the firm belief that He will help me, and nobody can help me but Him.

What you want to assume first needs to be proven, otherwise it’s just circular reasoning.

Weather they add “like Allah” or not they are implying it, therefore it’s shirk. 

Careful. I don’t think you realise how many people you are accusing of shirk by saying this.

In Dua you say in the name of so I ask you Allah or I ask you O’so to ask Allah. Or perhaps I ask you Allah through so and so. 

Yes, and that wouldn’t be shirk. But there are plenty of Shias, including scholars, who supplicating to the Imams, asking them for help through the power Allah has given them.

Surah Al-Najm 53: 26

How many an angel there is in the heavens whose intercession is of no avail in any way EXCEPT after Allah grants permission to whomever He wishes and approves of!

does Allah approve of the Ahlulbayt ? 

Surah Al-Zukhruf 43:86

Those whom they invoke besides Him have no power of intercession, EXCEPT THOSE WHO ARE WITNESS TO THE TRUTH and who know [for whom to intercede].

are the Ahlulbayt witness to the truth ? 

Yes, of course. But I believe all these verses are talking about intercession on the Day of Judgment.

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

What you want to assume first needs to be proven, otherwise it’s just circular reasoning.

You make a point.

Surah 5:35

O you who have believed, fear Allah and seek the means [of nearness] to Him and strive in His cause that you may succeed.

Ya ayyuha allatheena amanooittaqoo Allaha wabtaghoo ilayhi alwaseelata wajahidoofee sabeelihi laAAallakum tuflihoon

9 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

Careful. I don’t think you realise how many people you are accusing of shirk by saying this.

Don’t you agree that attributing the features of Allah’s nature to His creation is shirk ?

10 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

But there are plenty of Shias, including scholars, who supplicating to the Imams, asking them for help through the power Allah has given them.

Why do they accuse Christians of shirk for praying and supplicating to Christ then? Not every scholar is trust worthy careful, I doubt many scholars myself for many arrogant and strange beliefs that they betray or not considering other jurists. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

but in tactical terms when it comes to this world at least, they know everything. But of course, that knowledge comes from Allah.

Do you believe it would be shirk if imams knew everything if they have received it from Allah and not independently ?

Edited by THREE1THREE
  • Veteran Member

You make a point.

Surah 5:35

O you who have believed, fear Allah and seek the means [of nearness] to Him and strive in His cause that you may succeed.

Ya ayyuha allatheena amanooittaqoo Allaha wabtaghoo ilayhi alwaseelata wajahidoofee sabeelihi laAAallakum tuflihoon

6 - أبو علي الأشعري، عن محمد بن عبد الجبار، عن ابن أبي نجران، عن سيف التمار قال: سمعت أبا عبد الله (عليه السلام) يقول: عليكم بالدعاء فإنكم لا تقربون بمثله ولا تتركوا صغيرة لصغرها أن تدعوا بها، إن صاحب الصغار هو صاحب الكبار.
الحديث السادس : صحيح

H 3052, CH 1, h 6
Abu Ali al-Ash’ari has narrated from Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Jabbar from ibn abu Najran from Sayf al-Tammar who has said the following:
“I heard abu ‘Abd Allah (عليه السلام), saying, ‘You must make du`a; you cannot seek nearness to Allah by any better means. Do not leave your small needs without making du`a, just because they are small; both small and large needs are in the hands of One and the same One.’”
Grading: Sahih

See also:

Don’t you agree that attributing the features of Allah’s nature to His creation is shirk ?

Of course, but plenty of people try to get around in with technicalities.

Why do they accuse Christians of shirk for praying and supplicating to Christ then? Not every scholar is trust worthy careful, I doubt many scholars myself for many arrogant and strange beliefs that they betray or not considering other jurists. 

As I’ve recently discovered some think it’s only shirk if you believe Jesus is uncreated or is on the same level as Allah. Praying to him is according to them not in itself problematic.

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, THREE1THREE said:

Do you believe it would be shirk if imams knew everything if they have received it from Allah and not independently ?

No, not shirk, but ghuluw. Unless you mean they know literally everything, like Allah does. That might be shirk.

Edited by Haydar Husayn
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

As I’ve recently discovered some think it’s only shirk if you believe Jesus is uncreated or is on the same level as Allah. Praying to him is according to them not in itself problematic.

That’s not an excuse for them, surah al-iklass is pretty clear and In the Tanakh Allah makes it clear that He will not share His glory with anyone. 

Edited by THREE1THREE
  • Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Haydar Husayn said:

Yes, in my opinion.

How is it ghuluw if it is limited to the human capacity ? Wouldn’t it be ghuluw if the imams ((عليه السلام)) knew everything about the universe and the worlds and the heavens and their potentials in them ? 

• Veteran Member
6 minutes ago, THREE1THREE said:

How is it ghuluw if it is limited to the human capacity ? Wouldn’t it be ghuluw if the imams ((عليه السلام)) knew everything about the universe and the worlds and the heavens and their potentials in them ? 

Because ghuluw is exaggerating about them and attributing things to them that they themselves didn’t. Since the Qur’an makes it clear the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) didn’t know everything related to this world, then clearly the Imams can’t know either, and hence it is exaggeration to say that they do. Yes, there are narrations they imply they do know virtually everything, but then there are those that don’t. The ones that say they don’t are more in line with the Qur’an and rationality, so the others should be rejected as fabrications of the ghulat who have been active in Shia circles since the time of Imam Ali (عليه السلام).

Same goes with power over creation.

This thread might help as well:

• Veteran Member
15 minutes ago, THREE1THREE said:

Can you prove it’s about the judgement day only ? 

I can’t prove a negative but there are other verses link intercession with the day of judgment. For example verse 6:51 and 20:109. The narrations that mention the Imams’ intercession for us also reference Judgment Day.

See also:

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

I can’t prove a negative but there are other verses link intercession with the day of judgment.

It is divided into two, one is about worldly intercession and one is about the day of Judgement. intercession has been there ever since the time of the prophets including Isa ((عليه السلام)). 

24 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

Because ghuluw is exaggerating about them and attributing things to them that they themselves didn’t. Since the Qur’an makes it clear the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) didn’t know everything related to this world, then clearly the Imams can’t know either, and hence it is exaggeration to say that they do

What do you say about imam al-Baqir ((عليه السلام)) on his knowledge on science. Is that ghuluw ? 

what do you say about the well narrated Hadith in sunni and Shia literature about imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) saying, “Ask me ask me before you lose me.“ ? 

So do you consider the gift to us of be-and-it-is ghuluw ? 

• Veteran Member
17 minutes ago, THREE1THREE said:

It is divided into two, one is about worldly intercession and one is about the day of Judgement. intercession has been there ever since the time of the prophets including Isa ((عليه السلام)). 

What is the evidence for worldly intercession in the absence of access to a Prophet or Imam?

What do you say about imam al-Baqir ((عليه السلام)) on his knowledge on science. Is that ghuluw ? 

I think you mean Imam al-Sadiq (عليه السلام), and I don’t believe he taught anything that corresponds to modern science. There are some things commonly attributed to him which are complete fabrications. At most, he might have taught things that corresponded to the science of the time, but even there I don’t know of any evidence for that.

what do you say about the well narrated Hadith in sunni and Shia literature about imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) saying, “Ask me ask me before you lose me.“ ? 

Yes, and that means ask me about the Qur’an and sunnah. When he was asked about the time of the day of judgment he criticised the one asking, and instead just gave the signs of it.

So do you consider the gift to us of be-and-it-is ghuluw ? 

What do you mean gift to us? We don’t have that gift, and I believe this is only an attribute of Allah. Rationally, I suppose he could give it to his creation, but there is no proof of that, nor any reason to do so.

• Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

nk you mean Imam al-Sadiq

No, I mean imam Baqir ((عليه السلام)), haven’t heard the story of his book being written in gold ?

9 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

Yes, and that means ask me about the Qur’an and sunnah.

So you deny the part of him being aware of the paths of the heavens ? 

the prophet informed imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) of so many past events.

• Advanced Member
12 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

What do you mean gift to us? We don’t have that gift,

In paradise. 

12 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

What is the evidence for worldly intercession in the absence of access to a Prophet or Imam?

The aya’s I quoted hints nothing of it being a reference to the day of Judgement. 

wasn’t the cloak of Nabi yosef ((عليه السلام)) a form of intercession for healing ?

how about when the brothers of yosef ((عليه السلام)) asked Yaqob ((عليه السلام)) to make Du’a for them ? 

dont you consider the verse that the sister quoted ?

2 hours ago, starlight said:

• Veteran Member

No, I mean imam Baqir ((عليه السلام)), haven’t heard the story of his book being written in gold ?

No, I’ve never heard this story, but it sounds very suspicious. Do you have a reference?

So you deny the part of him being aware of the paths of the heavens ? 

I don’t know what this means.

the prophet informed imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) of so many past events.

I don’t deny that.

• Advanced Member
18 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

No, I’ve never heard this story, but it sounds very suspicious. Do you have a reference?

I heard it in a lecture by sayyed Ammar nakhshawani, the book is still being used for science. 

20 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

don’t know what this means

It means he knows the secrets of heaven which unveils the secrets of the earth and it’s potential.

• Veteran Member
13 minutes ago, THREE1THREE said:

In paradise. 

What’s the evidence for that? Even if true, which I doubt it is in any absolute sense (most likely it would just be whatever we desire we get, which is something different), it wouldn’t prove anyone has that ability in this world.

The aya’s I quoted hints nothing of it being a reference to the day of Judgement. 

But others do, and no ayahs hint at any permissible intercession outside of that day. If you read the link I posted, neither Shaykh Saduq nor Shaykh Mufid mentioned any other type of intercession either, so clearly this is how they understood it. I look up Shaykh Tusi’s tafsir later to see if he says anything different.

wasn’t the cloak of Nabi yosef ((عليه السلام)) a form of intercession for healing ?

I would say it was more like a type of miracle. But either way, it’s nothing like what we are discussing here. Again, rather than trying to make analogies and loose connections, I would like to see direct evidence of calling on people from another world to seek intercession for them. What do you think of the fact that the Qur’an contains countless supplications and none of them are through anyone other than Allah? I find it hard to believe that Allah would give us a sub-optimal template for supplicating to Him.

how about when the brothers of yosef ((عليه السلام)) asked Yaqob ((عليه السلام)) to make Du’a for them ? 

They had gravely wronged Yaqub (عليه السلام)! Aside from which, it’s not like what people are doing now because Yaqub was right in front of them. It would be me like trying to kill your son and then asking you to forgive me and pray that Allah forgives me. There is nothing unusual in that. We ask each other for duas all the time. Is that proof for calling on people after they have left this world for duas?

dont you consider the verse that the sister quoted ?

What do you understand by this?

The verse says they aren’t dead in the sense of no longer existing, but they are dead by the conventions of normal language, as in no longer alive in this world. So contrary to popular opinion this verse proves nothing, and certainly not they they hear all our supplications and that they spend all their time answering those supplications. They weren’t doing they when they were in this life, so why would they do it now? Have you considering that if Shias in the times of the Imams beloved what Shias today believed, then the Imams would have no time to teach anything because all they would be doing is praying for people, or answering their prayers (depending on your beliefs). But we don’t find that people were supplicating to the Imams from Kufa, or even necessarily asking them for anything when they met them other than to answer a question they had.

By the way, consider this verse:

Muhammad is not but a messenger. [Other] messengers have passed on before him. So if he was to die or be killed, would you turn back on your heels [to unbelief]? And he who turns back on his heels will never harm Allah at all; but Allah will reward the grateful. [3:144]

Also consider the fact that a people can die as martyrs in many ways. For example while dying in childbirth. So does that mean we can call out to such a person and ask them to pray for us?

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, THREE1THREE said:

I heard it in a lecture by sayyed Ammar nakhshawani, the book is still being used for science. 

Ammar Nakshawani is not a trustworthy source! He narrates many fabricated and nonsensical stories, and has no critical thinking ability. I once saw him on TV talking about how Russian scientists had found pieces of Noah’s Ark, and on one of the pieces there were the names of the Ahlul Kisa in some ancient language. Not only that, but there were photos on the internet.

I have no words to express how ridiculous this story is, or how anyone could believe it, but he did. Sadly the clip isn’t on Youtube, but Ahlulbayt TV have it in their archives. It was during the month of Ramadan and he was talking to Rebecca Masterton (who apparently had also heard of this fairy tale). The story is a well-known Internet hoax, and anyone will any common sense would know it’s fabricated. Trust me, he’s not what you think he is.

Having said that, I would be very grateful if you could post a link to that lecture.

It means he knows the secrets of heaven which unveils the secrets of the earth and it’s potential.

I don’t believe this.

Say: I do not control any benefit or harm for my own soul except as Allah please; and had I known the unseen I would have had much of good and no evil would have touched me; I am nothing but a warner and the giver of good news to a people who believe. [7:188]

Say: I do not say to you, I have with me the treasures of Allah, nor do I know the unseen, nor do I say to you that I am an angel; I do not follow aught save that which is revealed to me. Say: Are the blind and the seeing one alike? Do you not then reflect? [Qur'an 6:50]

And I do not tell you that I have the depositories [containing the provision] of Allah or that I know the unseen, nor do I tell you that I am an angel, nor do I say of those upon whom your eyes look down that Allah will never grant them any good. Allah is most knowing of what is within their souls. Indeed, I would then be among the wrongdoers." [11:31]

Edited by Haydar Husayn
  • Veteran Member

If tawassul is a bid’a and there is no instruction from the imams to do it, why are so many of our ulema supporting it? Why are only wahhabis opposed to it?

• Advanced Member
15 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

don’t believe this.

Have you considered the other verses of Quran that say Allah choses to whom He reveals the unseen verses? 

if the prophet can know about future events and past events before his time, then wouldn’t he be able to have the Knowledge of the secrets of heaven and earth of what Allah choses to reveal to him. 

28 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

Having said that, I would be very grateful if you could post a link to that lecture.

https://youtu.be/7U-zqm_NMJQ