Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Raising kids

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

My 3 year and one year old daughters demand constant attention and look after.Kids are nuisance throughout the day. My wife also remain busy with them. My job is demanding and after office, mobile phone constantly keeps ringing. Genuinely,i have felt that it has become a test of my patience to control my nerves and my kids at the same time with office matters ringing. It has started to affect me.i don’t want to run away but doesn’t i need a break. How do you people manage kids and maintain work life balance???

• Moderators

1. Make arrangements to leave the kids with some family or friends you trust for a few hours every week or fortnightly so you two get some downtime. You can reciprocate by doing the same for those friends. 

2. Schedule some time for kids everyday where you don't take any calls. Give them full attention during the time and probably they won't be as demanding afterwards.

3. Try not to bring work home. Tell your boss/partner/colleague that it's family time. Both your wife and kids need you to spend some time with them without any distractions.

4. Get some toys which keep kids busy and try and teach them to play by themselves.You could get crayons and lots of paper, Lego, board books etc

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, modaoudi said:

Weird title though :confused:

1 minute ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Sorry, just a quick point, in England, to 'groom kids' has paedophilic implications.

:hahaha: Literally after reading the post in correspondence to the title I thought it was click bate. 

• Moderators

When you are home, turn off your phone or at least the ringer. Spend time with your family. 

Don't control kids, guide and teach them. Always treat others (including children) the way you would like to be treated. 

1 hour ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Sorry, just a quick point, in England, to 'groom kids' has paedophilic implications.

@OP, given this ^ information, would you like us to change the title to, perhaps, "raising kids"? 

• Haji 2003 changed the title to Raising kids
  • Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2020 at 4:08 PM, Haji 2003 said:

Watch and learn.

l remember this video without a rewatch.

The comment l found 'instructional' is that most people thought the woman was his housekeeper rather than his wife.

Found the Sequel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLMSoD1riE0&feature=emb_rel_end

Edited by hasanhh
found Sequel
  • Forum Administrators
2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

The comment l found 'instructional' is that most people thought the woman was his housekeeper rather than his wife.

Well her mien did suggest that!

She does not walk in self-confidently taking the kids away while ignoring the camera. It's almost a crawl and she does not self-assuredly take the baby away, rather it's a sort of drag as if she is the maid and has let one of the charges go.

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

Well her mien did suggest that!

She does not walk in self-confidently taking the kids away while ignoring the camera. It's almost a crawl and she does not self-assuredly take the baby away, rather it's a sort of drag as if she is the maid and has let one of the charges go.

She is Korean and protecting her husband's "face" was her innate motive.

l would try to stay-out-of-the-camera, too.

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
On 8/9/2020 at 1:08 AM, Haji 2003 said:

Watch and learn.

Lots to be learnt from this.

Just showed this to my daughter. She was supposed to record and upload a short video presentation. I had to be somewhere else but we had prepared it the night before so I left it to her to to do it on her own. When I came back a while ago there was no presentation uploaded , it was close to deadline and she was on the verge of a meltdown stating she couldn't get it right despite a dozen attempts because either she stumbles on a word or her brother walks in or the she is not happy with camera angle or her voice or this or that(she has the perfectionist gene in her so this isn't new,I am trying to work on it) I showed her this video and another one and had a very quick pep talk and Alhumdollilah we were able to submit her presentation in time. 

Edited by starlight