Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Basic Members

Salaam

I just moved to Switzerland and I’m wondering if anyone has advice on making Muslim friends around here. It’s nice to hang out with people who don’t want to drink and have a similar way of living. I don’t want to only have online friends and I’d prefer to know people who live in the same area.

I know going to the mosque is a good way to meet people but I don’t speak Arabic or German so it’s a bit hard. Especially with the COVID situation, most mosques are not having programs right now. 

Any ideas would be helpful :)

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

England: Ifield Shia Muslim worship centre given green light

AhlulBayt News Agency (ABNA): For years, the charity group Millat-E-Jaffariya has been trying to change the use of Stafford House, in Bonnetts Lane, to a flat and meeting centre to serve the community’s religious and social needs.

While officers at Horsham District Council recommended another refusal, permission was given at a meeting of the council’s planning committee on Tuesday (August 4), by 12 votes to eight.

But the result could have been different if four members of the committee – Gordon Lindsay, Louise Potter, Claire Vickers, and Belinda Walters – had not been forced to abstain from voting because they briefly lost contact with the online meeting.

Christine Costin also abstained but not because of a technical glitch.

Work at Stafford House will see a two-storey extension added, along with a link-detached hall/meeting room, and a first-floor flat for the Imam.

The house stands on the corner of Bonnetts Lane and Charlwood Road and there were concerns among the committee about the traffic, which chairman Liz Kitchen described as ‘absolutely frightening on occasions’.

Noise was another issue.

https://en.abna24.com/news//england-ifield-shia-muslim-worship-centre-given-green-light_1060613.html