Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What is the purpose of creating animals, planets, insects, plants, parasites....?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

:salam:

Of course, as Muslims, we believe nothing is without purpose.

• But what is the purpose of creating soooo many lifeless, uninhabited planets? We know that rocks are alive since they talked to Rasulullah so are atoms and planets are also alive in a way we don’t know and do they communicate with Allah?
  • Why did God create animals? They aren’t as smart as us and are not as conscious, some of the animals do very disgusting things. If it’s for them to worship God then how do animals pray to God, is it simply through going about their daily lives?
  •  
  • What about plants or insects?
  • What about parasites , viruses or the filarial nematode illness Onchocercosis, which is second most common infective cause of blindness in the world?
  • What about the notorious “vestigial organs” such as the bottom of the spine, male breasts or the forscin (excuse my language) which we have to cut after God has created it? Do these have a purpose or did they once have a purpose and now they are redundant?

Jazakumullahu Khayran
:ws:

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Ejaz said:

But what is the purpose of creating soooo many lifeless, uninhabited planets?

What would happen to our solar system if we just remove Mars or Saturn from there? 

3 minutes ago, Ejaz said:

Why did God create animals?

They are the system components, every creature has been assigned a role which is beneficial for maintaining the designed system.   

6 minutes ago, Ejaz said:

What about plants or insects?

I think biology can answer your questions pretty much :) 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Salams,

@Logic1234 is right, because when I studied biology back at school, we were taught how every organism as the brother/ sister mentioned above ''have been assigned a role which is beneficial for maintaining the designed system''. For example, some predators keep in check the population of a prey and if that predator were to not have existed than the prey population would rapidly increase to level that is unhealthy for the system. Apparently if bees were to die out then the world is pretty much screwed out. So animals do have their own role in maintaining the ecosystem. Plants have so many roles, they take in carbon dioxide and release oxygen. You could also say that plants are at the start of the food chain so if plants were out of the picture it would be pretty bad. The effects of no plants goes into much more depth (if you want further explanation of the impacts of no plants, don't be afraid to ask). I'm not to sure on viruses and parasites but they due have their own purpose.

(there are actually so much problems that can happen if this system is altered for example, placing a certain species of animals into a new environment or plant, the native plants and animals can get seriously impacted and potentially destroy the entire ecosystem, if you want more explanation on this, do ask, ill be glad to answer)

Biology as in ecosystems all that stuff pretty much have the answers.

Edited by ShiaofAli12
Added the brackets
2 hours ago, Ejaz said:

• But what is the purpose of creating soooo many lifeless, uninhabited planets? We know that rocks are alive since they talked to Rasulullah so are atoms and planets are also alive in a way we don’t know and do they communicate with Allah?
  • Why did God create animals? They aren’t as smart as us and are not as conscious, some of the animals do very disgusting things. If it’s for them to worship God then how do animals pray to God, is it simply through going about their daily lives?
  •  
  • What about parasites , viruses or the filarial nematode illness Onchocercosis, which is second most common infective cause of blindness in the world?
  • What about the notorious “vestigial organs” such as the bottom of the spine, male breasts or the forscin (excuse my language) which we have to cut after God has created it? Do these have a purpose or did they once have a purpose and now they are redundant?

Jazakumullahu Khayran

1. The one purpose which I think for the occurrence of life less rocks is that on the day of judgement, there will be trillions and trillions of humans and animals, earth will be very small for all of them. So, Allah (عزّ وجلّ) will recreate the earth having capacity for all his creation for accountability. 

2. They are smart. Some of them are sweepers such as insects and crows, some eat insects in fields, some are source of food and some are source of recreation such as horses. Everyone of them teaches us wisdom in their own way.

3. Plants gives us oxygen, source of medicine and food such as fruits and honey. Some give us fragrance and protect us from losing balance of our brain through fragrance.

4. Diseases and viruses teach us two things: Be thankful for a healthy life and eradication of sins. 

5. Through this God shows us sometimes we lose something but it's for good. So, accept your losses, they will benefit you someday.

Edited by Flying_Eagle
  • Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Flying_Eagle said:

5. Through this God shows us sometimes we lose something but it's for good. So, accept your losses, they will benefit you someday.

Salaam nice response mashallah,

what do you mean by this? What did we lose in terms of vestigial organs and fore....(excuse my language)?

1 hour ago, Ejaz said:

Salaam nice response mashallah,

what do you mean by this? What did we lose in terms of vestigial organs and fore....(excuse my language)?

All things such as even nails and hair. This also applies to the fact that if we have excessive wealth, we must give due portions to our brothers, and it will cut our greed like we cut bad nails. 

• Advanced Member
20 hours ago, Ejaz said:

Salaam, which part of biology do you mean?

Thanks

The most interesting part starts from grade 7 on wards. Where you start reading plant fertilization and learn the role of insects & bees in the process of fertilization. And whatever has been mentioned by @ShiaofAli12, I always love to see the system & how beautifully it is engineered. 

The lifeless planets are the mean of creating balance to our solar system. If you just take out any of the planet, this solar system would becomes unstable & hence would collapse. This is what we read in Sura e Rehman "And the heaven, we raised it high, and He made the balance" (55:7). So the planets looks lifeless, yet they are the means to maintain life on earth by creating the balance & hence not allowing the planets to collide with each other. Much more could be said about the role of planets, at the moment what has been mentioned is sufficient. 

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Logic1234 said:

The most interesting part starts from grade 7 on wards. Where you start reading plant fertilization and learn the role of insects & bees in the process of fertilization. And whatever has been mentioned by @ShiaofAli12, I always love to see the system & how beautifully it is engineered. 

The lifeless planets are the mean of creating balance to our solar system. If you just take out any of the planet, this solar system would becomes unstable & hence would collapse. This is what we read in Sura e Rehman "And the heaven, we raised it high, and He made the balance" (55:7). So the planets looks lifeless, yet they are the means to maintain life on earth by creating the balance & hence not allowing the planets to collide with each other. Much more could be said about the role of planets, at the moment what has been mentioned is sufficient. 

It's actually amazing when you think about it. No detail overlooked subhanAllah, everything is there for a purpose.

@Ejaz I hope these answer your question, if there are any other things you're unsure of, do ask.

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

One of the purposes of creating viruses could be controlling the population. 

Another would be a test. This is the best answer I have received.

Edited by Ejaz
  • Veteran Member
18 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

A sift in the gravitational balancing of the planets.

On 8/7/2020 at 7:59 PM, Logic1234 said:

What would happen to our solar system if we just remove Mars or Saturn from there? 

I heard nothing big will happen or effect life on earth, since mars’s gravitational effect is miniscule. So I like @Flying_Eagle’s hypothesis that it’s to allow space for judgement day. But why is it needed now if it’s to allow space for judgement day?

https://worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/questions/49432/what-would-the-effect-be-on-earth-if-mars-disappeared

5 hours ago, Logic1234 said:

lifeless planets are the mean of creating balance to our solar system

Also what about other solar systems without life?. Do the rocks and the suns have a purpose of glorifying God in their own way?

But all of it is for the love of Ahlulbayt as per Hadith al Kisa. So how do we link this back to them?

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Flying_Eagle said:

All things such as even nails and hair. This also applies to the fact that if we have excessive wealth, we must give due portions to our brothers, and it will cut our greed like we cut bad nails. 

When it comes to removing nails or hair, maybe it is symbolic and teaching us lessons, or maybe its a test to see if we’d follow God’s order of circumcision, trimming hair, etc.
However, we don’t get rid of or remove vestigial organs and they just sit their without any purpose according to the science I was taught in school. 

https://scienceoxford.com/vestigial-organs/

5 useless body parts

But who knows, maybe they do have a purpose or function like male breasts respond to certain stimulus. Or maybe these organs are just God signing off?

https://answersingenesis.org/human-body/vestigial-organs/vestigial-organs-vanishing-argument/

I heard sister @starlight is a doctor :clap:

...Would appreciate all of you thoughts on this as this is an important piece of my question...

Edited by Ejaz
  • Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Ejaz said:

hypothesis that it’s to allow space for judgement day.

:hahaha: "The God of Noah, Allah -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). created all things and looks to the Last Day and now He -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). "needs" to create space?

What was revealed?  Ayats 20:105 and 56:5

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Ejaz said:

However, we don’t get rid of or remove vestigial organs and they just sit their without any purpose according to the science I was taught in school. 

https://scienceoxford.com/vestigial-organs/

5 useless body parts

But who knows, maybe they do have a purpose or function like male breasts respond to certain stimulus. Or maybe these organs are just God signing off?

Let me guess.

Your favorite book was written by Mary Shelly?

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Ejaz said:

Perhaps to remind us that first we are created creatures, second we are all human. Every other description we can give ourselves is subordinate to these two. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Ejaz said:

Would appreciate all of you thoughts on this as this is an important piece of my question...

Appendix might have some function in providing immunity.

Wisdom tooth helped the humans chew hard and rough pieces of food but that's no longer required today.

Plica semilunaris provides nourishment to the eye. I don't know what purpose it serves in human if any. Same for muscles of outer ear and arrector pili muscles (which give us goosebumps) 

Don't know maybe human existence might reach a point where these things are of some use, post apocalypse period maybe lolz. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

ln grade skool, we were told that these help keep our skin warm in the cold.

True/Not True ?

Not true. Humans don't have enough body hair to trap an insulating air layer. Works well for animals though. 

• Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Ejaz said:

I heard nothing big will happen or effect life on earth, since mars’s gravitational effect is miniscule.

Well all depends on how would you chose to remove the planet from screen. I mean you need to build a scenario first for justifying the removal of any planet. Then comes the possible answers. I hope you would not chose "eene meene maina moo" like magic & bang, planet removed :)

You either need to say that Planet was jumped out of solar system because of the alteration of its speed at which it rotates or it just evaporated after colliding with any other planet etc. Our solar system is just looks stable at this point of time, it was never stable during its formation and few million years onwards. It will never remain stable forever, this system is still in chaos if we view it in a larger picture. In distant past, planets we colliding with each other, a theory explaining the formation of moon says that a mars sized planet struck earth. We also have evidences of asteroid impact on planets including earth.  So there are different possibilities for building a scenario what causes the removal of any planet . 

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
20 hours ago, Ejaz said:

Also what about other solar systems without life?. Do the rocks and the suns have a purpose of glorifying God in their own way?

But all of it is for the love of Ahlulbayt as per Hadith al Kisa. So how do we link this back to them?

Salam I think after reaapearnce of Imam Mahdi (aj) by reaching to highest level of knowledge we can use these Suns & rocks for developing our lives also maybe we can connect with other species after removing our barriers with them if you search on Internet you will find ideas about using resources of other planets or colonizing these empty planets but even our current cutting edge technology in space is like sailing ship  technology  in 18th century that discovery & travel to any part of world was taking years but now we can travel to any part of world in hours .

• Veteran Member
18 hours ago, starlight said:

Not true. Humans don't have enough body hair to trap an insulating air layer. Works well for animals though. 

Saw by accident, factoid:

Humans have up to  600 hairs per square centimeter while beavers have up to 23,000 cm2.

https://www.dw.com/en/leave-it-to-beavers/av-54479052 

• Advanced Member
On 8/7/2020 at 5:52 AM, Ejaz said:

•  

Jazakumullahu Khayran

Our minds like to think that "it got it!", "it understands", "it know where it is", "where it is going", "what this world is".  But this is just the minds deception.  The mind deceives itself into thinking it knows what the world (reality) is or that it is supposed to know what this world is.  When in fact, it hasn't a clue!    

What you are essentially asking is (from your OP is): why doesn't existence appear in accordance to the expectations of my mind?

Existence is actually infinite.  your thinking (your expecting) of existence to be finite (and understandable) is actually not existence itself but the limits of your mind.