Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Should I not marry a sister who is claimed to be a Salafi from Egypt ?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I've heard of cases where the mother flips as soon as kids are involved, where they don't allow them to attend Ashura events. It's such a common phenomenon that we get mocked for it. The wisest thing to do is marry a fellow Shia, for your sake and your kids.

• Development Team
6 hours ago, Strong Foundation said:

My goal in life is to visit the Shrines of Imam Ali , Imam Hussain , and Imam Reza. A sister from Egypt does accept me to marry her but she is a salafi but not an ISIS supporter or supporter of violence . What do you think ?

I would reconsider, it will cause issues in raising any children with this woman. Also whether or not she is against Daesh or violence in general, she definitely admires Ibn Taymiyyah who considered Shias as kafir and ziyarah as shirk and a bidah.

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
Posted (edited)

Salam  anyway  for clarification  a shia man can marry  a sunni woman  if she isn't  a Nasibi but marriage  of shia woman with a Sunni man is not recommended because most of times children  are following  religion  & belief of father but in this case the shia man must asks  Salafi woman belief about everything  before doing any action or any  offering as other users mentioned  in previous  posts because even  if this marriage  happens  then it also can trouble for woman from her family  side too because they will consider  her as a shia too after marriage .

Edited by Ashvazdanghe
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
12 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

but marriage  of shia woman with a Sunni man is not recommended

I know last time I said the same thing and many people disagreed with me but I will say it one more time. I know many people who is born from Sunni father and Shi’a mother, they became Shi’a because of their mother. And then someone told me the reason is because the father who is Sunni doesn’t practice his religion which I understand but don’t forget if a Shi’a man doesn’t practice his religion properly while married to a Sunni woman, his children can convert to Sunnis too so I feel like there is no difference. 

• Veteran Member
21 hours ago, Strong Foundation said:

My goal in life is to visit the Shrines of Imam Ali , Imam Hussain , and Imam Reza. A sister from Egypt does accept me to marry her but she is a salafi but not an ISIS supporter or supporter of violence . What do you think ?

I thought you were a Sunni?

• Veteran Member
6 hours ago, Strong Foundation said:

Living in Egypt but willing to come to USA

I hate to be the harbinger of doom, but all the things that you've mentioned don't sound like the ingredients for a successful marriage, but Allah knows best

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

I hate to be the harbinger of doom, but all the things that you've mentioned don't sound like the ingredients for a successful marriage, but Allah knows best

-meet American resident online

-agree to get married despite him being a rafidhi 

-apply for visa

• Advanced Member
On 8/7/2020 at 10:44 AM, Haydar Husayn said:

Ok, fair enough.

Do you also think what I think, brother!?

After all, this doesn't look like too bad a match, does it? :grin: :hahaha:

• Development Team
On 8/7/2020 at 4:51 AM, Strong Foundation said:

I'm more of a Shia that rejects the Bidah and evil of Mutah and cursing the sahaba , as well as few other bad beliefs

So, you're basically a sunni. 

• Haji 2003 changed the title to Should I not marry a sister who is claimed to be a Salafi from Egypt ?
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2020 at 7:21 PM, Strong Foundation said:

I'm more of a Shia that rejects the Bidah and evil of Mutah and cursing the sahaba , as well as few other bad beliefs

Salaam bother, Mutah was even in the Prophet's (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) time and even the Sunnis admit this. I believe Omar came later and banned it, but ask yourself, who the heck is Omar to make forbid what the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) allowed?

As for cursing, we curse those who oppressed the family of the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and this is one of the greatest forms of worship.

For more info on Mutah watch this: 

For more info on Cursing watch this:

and also this (for cursing) - he talks about it in the second half, check video description:

Edited by AStruggler