Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Jafar abi Talib ( as) was also infaillible?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Salam alaykum, are these hadith imply jafar abi talib (عليه السلام) was also masum?:

It is reported that theProphet(s) said, "People are created from different trees. Ja'far and I are created from the same tree, and we have the same substance."In another hadith, he said, "Ja'far, you are like me in appearance and behavior."This similarity was so much that sometimes people greeted Ja'far by saying, "Assalamu Alaykum, O the messenger of God!" Ja'far replied,"I am not the messenger of God, but Ja'far."

Edited by Algerian Shia
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
Posted (edited)

Salam definitely he wasn't infallible but he was very similar to prophet  Muhammad (pbu) in his appearance  & manner & behavior  so people were mistaking him with prophet  Muhammad  (pbu)

https://www.balagh.ir/content/5926

Edited by Ashvazdanghe
17 hours ago, Algerian Shia said:

Salam alaykum, are these hadith imply jafar abi talib (عليه السلام) was also masum?:

It is reported that theProphet(s) said, "People are created from different trees. Ja'far and I are created from the same tree, and we have the same substance."In another hadith, he said, "Ja'far, you are like me in appearance and behavior."This similarity was so much that sometimes people greeted Ja'far by saying, "Assalamu Alaykum, O the messenger of God!" Ja'far replied,"I am not the messenger of God, but Ja'far."

Infallibility has degree. An absolute degree is held by Ahlebait (عليه السلام) through the help of Allah (عزّ وجلّ). There is also mention of minor infallibility, the ulema have spoken about it. Jafar ibn Abu Talib was more pious then us, thus, more infallible as compared to us. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Flying_Eagle said:

Infallibility has degree. An absolute degree is held by Ahlebait (عليه السلام) through the help of Allah (عزّ وجلّ). There is also mention of minor infallibility, the ulema have spoken about it. Jafar ibn Abu Talib was more pious then us, thus, more infallible as compared to us. 

Only Allah is absolute infallible. Every creation under him is relatively infallible. The prophet and aimmah have the highest degree of relative infallibility, but are not absolute infallible.

2 hours ago, 786:) said:

Only Allah is absolute infallible. Every creation under him is relatively infallible. The prophet and aimmah have the highest degree of relative infallibility, but are not absolute infallible.

I knew that you will come to this point. And, to attempt this question I will ask you "Whether by thorough purification in Quran by Allah (عزّ وجلّ) for Ahlebait is meant "absolute purification" or "relative"? 

Secondly, the purification of Ahlebait (عليه السلام) is becoz of Allah (عزّ وجلّ) so this shows their dependence on Allah (عزّ وجلّ). Finally, Quran does not speak about weakness of Prophet's infallibility rather knowledge of unseen. 

It is, therefore, clear that Quran speaks on limited knowledge of Prophet's as compared to Allah (عزّ وجلّ) but not infallibility.