Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why do Iranians cohabit rather than do mut'a?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Salam,

There is an Iranian practice called a 'white marriage' it is basically when a couple live together in sin.

Here is an article about it:

https://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-iran-white-marriage-20150529-story.html

Even if you believe that it is propaganda, nevertheless it is serious enough for sayed Khamene'i to mention in a public gathering.

Even if this practice isn't widespread at all (as unlikely as it seems) why would the couples in question not just do a temporary marriage? 

This is probably a stupid question as obviously noone really knows why, have any of the Iranians on the site got any info about this? Obviously these probably aren't the religious types, but given the amount of Iranian atheists there are in the West, I didn't think there would be so many left in Iran.

Obviously somewhere along the line culture has gotten in the way, perhaps the sign of an ageing and out of touch religious establishment unable to understand the society that it is supposed to give order to.

• Veteran Member

Must be those other people found mostly in Tehran. But to be perfectly honest I am secretly happy that at least they "live together" because here in Pakistan there is incredible amounts of prostitution and alcohol consumption with nearly a thousand known established prostitution houses in the city of Lahore alone. And the alcohol consumption is so much that a provincial government decided to legalize and tax it. According to the statistic of alcohol sales the numbers say that up to 80% of our national population drinks. In Lahore in the year 2012, in the posh cantonment area the registered nikahs to divorce ratio was almost 80%. Just now I have returned from the police station where I witnessed investigations of unbelievable crimes which are so rampant I feel especially worried about our society especially since the police and judiciary is for sale and "corrupt" is an obsolete word now imo and so are our people so I fear that our society might collapse within the next decade due to absence of justice and the weird "mad cow" sort of disease in peoples' brains who are acting like animals and there are just too many of them now.

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

Walaikum as salam brother

Like all societies, Iran too has it's share of population who either don't really believe in religion or only believe in it in a limited manner. I think there is also an element of rebelliousness or stubborness among certain people which pushes them to go the extra mile in trying to seem anti establishment.

Why don't they perform mut'ah? Because they're not bothered about the religious validity of their relationship. 

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) protect us from such things. 

Salam I think  that It's more affection of psychological soft war on satellites against Iranian culture that affected  the people that you mentioned  as "don't really believe in religion or only believe in it in a limited manner" that these channels are broadcasting countless Turkish & Korean soap series that are showing betrayal of couples to each others & promoting  white marriage also a few series producers in Iran that have strong connections with reformist party are trying to follow these procedure because this party still secretly tries to apply " 2030 vision " although  it's  banned by parliament  & supreme  leader verification but major affection belongs to Turkish & Korean soap series that are broadcasting with high quality that are dubbed to Farsi language that everyone  can watch these series free of any charge from these free sattelite channels for Iranians.

Pres. Rouhani:

Inducing gov’t inefficiency, distorting country’s achievements enemies’ main axis in psychological war

https://en.abna24.com/news//inducing-gov’t-inefficiency-distorting-country’s-achievements-enemies’-main-axis-in-psychological-war_1060345.html

Edited by Ashvazdanghe