Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Advanced Member

Do you think that it's possible that the Dajjal would be some sort of AI entity at the height of technology rather than a human being?

Since we've seen that not only capital but also data has been concentrated and in the hands of small group of elitists, wouldn't it be possible that they would then use their resources to reach their little transhumanist project by building some sort of "perfect" human being.  

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)

Yes dajjal could be a transhuman but not simply an AI because I don’t think AI can ever have consciousness (AI wouldn’t be able understand meaning behind things — see Chinese Room Experiment).

Nonetheless, the use of AI as a tool by dajjal is a probable idea.

Edited by Ejaz
  • Veteran Member
7 hours ago, Ejaz said:

Nonetheless, the use of AI as a tool by dajjal is a probable idea.

l understand your thinking, but l disagree.

One, because he doesn't need it and second, it will slow him down.

What l do imagine is that he will allow online communication to continue because it will help spread his terror (to use a mild word).

• Advanced Member
On 8/4/2020 at 4:22 AM, modaoudi said:

Do you think that it's possible that the Dajjal would be some sort of AI entity at the height of technology rather than a human being?

Since we've seen that not only capital but also data has been concentrated and in the hands of small group of elitists, wouldn't it be possible that they would then use their resources to reach their little transhumanist project by building some sort of "perfect" human being.  

It is narrated from Rasool Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم),

‘when Dajjal (l.a) was born, I visited him and presented Islam to him but he refused to accept it and hurled insults to me (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) , i.e., you are not better than me in leading people. Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said, ‘ go away, O malicious animal! You will definitely meet destruction and will never succeed in your devious objectives. Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), then told his companions, Every Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) did warn his nation about the ‘fitna’ of Dajjal. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), however, delayed Dajjal’s birth and did not let him appear until now. Be 
aware! he will claim to be God and try to create doubts in your minds. Have a firm belief; one-eyed creature cannot be your Lord (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). He will come out riding on a monster donkey, which will have a distance of one mile between its two ears. He will claim to have come with the gifts of paradise and arsenal of hell. He will carry a mountain of bread and rivers of water. He will get the support of the Jews, people from the wilderness and women. He will be able to travel all over the world but will be barred from entering into Mecca and Madinah. 

Ibn Babowiya narrates from Amir-ul-Momineen Mawla Ali (عليه السلام)  that one day Imam Ali (عليه السلام) declared from the pulpit,

‘Saluni Qabal En Tafqadduni’ (Ask me anything before I leave you behind).

A companion, Sayasa asked from Amir ul momaneen (عليه السلام) , ‘O Successor of the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) please tell us when will Dajjal emerge?’ Mawla Ali (عليه السلام) replied,

‘there are a few signs which will become noticeable prior to his appearance, those signs are: people would stop offering prayers, people will be robbed of their deposits; twisting facts would be considered an appreciable quality; society will accept interest and use bribe as a means of subsistence; religion will be sold for the worldly gains; idiots will take over the intelligent; innocent will be slaughtered; those with humble and courteous ways will be called weak and naïve; those with harsh and cruel customs will be envied and praised; wealthy will be traitors; government officials will be malicious; prosperous would be evasive; clerics will be devious; adultery and illegitimate relationships will become societal norm; woman will participate in trade with men; falsehood and speculation will be admired; women will ride on saddle and prefer manly styles whereas men would like to dress like women; and that year will also experience a severe famine.

Mawla (عليه السلام) continued, the ‘One’ (Imam Mahdi) (عليه السلام) who would lead Hazrat Isa (عليه السلام) in congressional prayers, will terminate Dajjal and by this will then be followed by a diabolic bloodshed. 

Then Asbagh bin Nabata (or Kanana) stood up and asked, Who is Dajjal, O Amir al Momineen (عليه السلام) ? Imam (عليه السلام) replied, ‘Sayaad -the son of Alsaad, only terminally ill fated will follow him. He will appear from a village called ‘Yahodia’ near city of Aisfahan (Iran), his right eye will be punctured and his left eye would be raised onto his forehead and will be sparkling like a star. Everyone will be able to read the word ‘Kafar’, inscribed in bold letters, within his two eyes. There will be big mountains of smoke at both front and backsides of his caravan. People will anticipate food within those mountains (as he will be eating and drinking from there), during the severe famine. He will be riding on a huge white coloured ‘donkey’ who will cover a mile in a single stride. All rivers, falling in his way, will become dry and he will call upon people in aloud voice, ‘O my friends! Come to me! I am your lord who has made your limbs and gave you sustenance. 

Malwa Ali (عليه السلام) then said, the one - eyed enemy of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) who will not manage without eating, drinking and wondering around-will be a deceiver. Your Lord (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is autonomous from these limitations. Most of his followers will be illegitimate and will be wearing green turbans. He will then be killed by the ‘One’(عليه السلام) who will be the Imam (عليه السلام) of Hazrat Isa (عليه السلام) in congressional prayers. This will happen at the place of ‘Aqabah’ near ‘Sham’ (Syria) between afternoon and evening. After this there will be tremendous devastation. People then asked, O Imam (عليه السلام)! what will be that calamity?

Mawla Ali (عليه السلام) replied that Rasool Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: ‘Dabba-tul-Arz’ will be born near the mountain of Safa (near Mecca). He will have the ring of Hazrat Sulaman (عليه السلام) and ‘Asa’ (walking stick) of 
Hazrat Musa (عليه السلام). He will inscribe on the forehead of ‘Momin’ (true believer) using the ring and will write on the forehead of ‘Kafir’ using the ‘Asa’. Momin’s forehead would read ‘ this is true believer’ whereas Kafir’s forehead could be read as ‘this is non-believer’. Then ‘Dabba-tul-Arz’ would raise his head and will be clearly seen by all. This will happen after Sun rise from the West (instead of East)-at this time no repentance will be accepted. Amir ul momaneen (عليه السلام) then said, ‘ do not ask any further because Rasool Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) has barred all other 
details for anyone else but Ahlul Bait (عليه السلام).

The narrator states, ‘I, later on, asked from Sahsah, ‘please tell me about the ‘person’ who will be followed by Hazrat Isa (عليه السلام) in the congressional prayers. The answer was he will be the 9th Divine Imam from the bloodline of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام), who will appear between the ‘Rukan-e-Hajar and Muqam-e-Ibrahim’ and re-establish justice as it will be filled with cruelty.

There are a number of Ahadith from Masomeen (عليه السلام) which indicate that ‘Dabba-tul-Arz’ will, in fact be Amir-al Momaneen (عليه السلام) and will appear after the ‘zahoor’ of Imam Mehdi (عليه السلام) and this time will be very close the Day of Judgement.

Reference:

Ain-ul-Hiyat, Mohammed Baqir Majlisi.

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, randomly curious said:

Mawla Ali (عليه السلام) replied that Rasool Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: ‘Dabba-tul-Arz’ will be born near the mountain of Safa (near Mecca). He will have the ring of Hazrat Sulaman (عليه السلام) and ‘Asa’ (walking stick) of 
Hazrat Musa (عليه السلام). He will inscribe on the forehead of ‘Momin’ (true believer) using the ring and will write on the forehead of ‘Kafir’ using the ‘Asa’. Momin’s forehead would read ‘ this is true believer’ whereas Kafir’s forehead could be read as ‘this is non-believer’. Then ‘Dabba-tul-Arz’ would raise his head and will be clearly seen by all. This will happen after Sun rise from the West (instead of East)-at this time no repentance will be accepted. Amir ul momaneen (عليه السلام) then said, ‘ do not ask any further because Rasool Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) has barred all other 
details for anyone else but Ahlul Bait (عليه السلام).

Do we know what Dabba-tul-Arz, like is it a creature, human?

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, ShiaofAli12 said:

Do we know what Dabba-tul-Arz, like is it a creature, human?

dabba-tul-Arz is Imam Ali (عليه السلام). Imam (عليه السلام) is mostly reffering to raj'at

you should refer to this thread.

as for "will be born", is surely an incorrect translation. may be the original meaning states "will rise"

below is an extract from a Narration regarding raj'at.

He (عليه السلام) said: ‘After the passing away of Al-Qaim (عليه السلام)’. I said, ‘And for how long would Al-Qaimasws remain in his world until hea.s passes away?’

He (عليه السلام) said:

‘Nineteen years, from the day of rising up to the day heasws passes away’. I said, ‘So would there be disorder after his passing away?’ He (عليه السلام) said: ‘Yes, for fifty years’.

Edited by randomly curious
  • Advanced Member

My mum told me that this used to be discussed already by shiekhs a lot during the 90s/2000s when technology and mass indoctrination was rising. However all the Hadith and writings point to a physical being. I believe there’s even descriptions of how the Dajjal is blind in his right eye etc. That doesn’t mean that he can’t use technology as one of his weapons though.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) strengthen our iman in preparation to fight the Dajjal alongside Imam Mehdi (عليه السلام) Insha’Allah.

• Advanced Member
42 minutes ago, Mariam17 said:

That doesn’t mean that he can’t use technology as one of his weapons though.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) strengthen our iman in preparation to fight the Dajjal alongside Imam Mehdi (عليه السلام) Insha’Allah.

why would he be needy to use technology when satan will teach him magic to that extent, that he will be able to bring back a corpse to life as  i mentioned above.

and Narrations state that 1/3 population of the world will die in the war (Red death) and other 1/3 will die by draught and diseases after the war (white death). only 1/3 population will be remaining when Imam (عليه السلام) will arrive.

so probably everything will be completely destroyed. there would be unlimited chaos all around.

you may refer to this thread if you wish to read more similar Narrations.

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, randomly curious said:

why would he be needy to use technology when satan will teach him magic to that extent, that he will be able to bring back a corpse to life as  i mentioned above.

Can you give me the narration for this one?

Because what is exactly meant by magic? It could be that the deceptions he will bring are within a reality from which it is perceived that he can cure and so forth, even if in the actual reality he can't.

I don't know I'm just rambling and most probably wrong, I just have a feeling that technology will play an important role in all this.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, modaoudi said:

sorry,

i had heard this in a youtube video.

7 minutes ago, modaoudi said:

Because what is exactly meant by magic? It could be that the deceptions he will bring are within a reality from which it is perceived that he can cure and so forth, even if in the actual reality he can't.

they learn magic through satan. 

how through satan? with the powers Allah (عزّ وجلّ) gave him in exchange for the worship he had done.

do you remember the story of Prophet Musa (عليه السلام) against the magicians?

the magicians threw thier ropes and the ropes became snakes. they did it by taking the powers from satan.

similarly the calf of samiryy was created through magic.

but eventually only Allah (عزّ وجلّ) is the creator of all things. and there is no power nor strength Except by Allah (عزّ وجلّ) as mentioned in the Holy Qur'an.

Edited by randomly curious
  • Advanced Member
31 minutes ago, randomly curious said:

It’s not necessarily that he needs to use it. However, as we can see those in the West who are part of illuminati and satanic use media to propagate indecency etc and secularism. The shaytaan and the Dajjal would want to do the same to bring us away from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). We can even see this being done in the infamous Netflix series of the “Messiah”. 

It’s just another one of his tools, at least it for those who support him now.

35 minutes ago, randomly curious said:

and Narrations state that 1/3 population of the world will die in the war (Red death) and other 1/3 will die by draught and diseases after the war (white death). only 1/3 population will be remaining when Imam (عليه السلام) will arrive.

Yes I’ve heard... Insha’Allah regardless I die a martyr, in which battle or how- only Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows.

36 minutes ago, randomly curious said:

you may refer to this thread if you wish to read more similar Narrations.

Jazak’Allah.

• Advanced Member
36 minutes ago, modaoudi said:

Salam brother, I’m a new revert so my sources growing up and knowing about the Dajjal are “Sunni”. However, I’m sure you can match them with our narrations to look for authenticity:

He [Dajjal] will have one eye, the right eye is like floating grape [Bukhari]. He will be a young man with curly hair, appearance to that of Al-'Uzza bin Qatan. [Muslim]

On his forehead, there will be written the letters "KAFIR" which means "disbeliever" and every Muslim will read it, regardless of whether he is literate or illiterate [Bukhari and Muslim]. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) then spelled it – Kaaf, Faa, Raa and every Muslim will read it [Muslim].

Dajjal will show people strange things. Dajjal will call a person and say to him, "Believe in me that I am God." The man will refuse to believe him. Dajjal will make pieces of that man and then make him alive again, that person will then follow him. A Muslim nearby will say, "You made him alive but I still don't believe you. You are the one-eyed Dajjal." [Ibn Majah]

Hope this helped. Insha’Allah someone can provide some Shia sources so we can all learn :) 

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
14 hours ago, Mariam17 said:

It’s not necessarily that he needs to use it. However, as we can see those in the West who are part of illuminati and satanic use media to propagate indecency etc and secularism. The shaytaan and the Dajjal would want to do the same to bring us away from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). We can even see this being done in the infamous Netflix series of the “Messiah”. 

Salam majority of hadith about Dajjal in shia sources is driven from Sunni sources but in Shia viewpoint he is just a deceiver that has no power which in shia sources we also have Dajjals that they will emerge as persons that are calling themselves as special deputy of Imam Mahdi (aj) or himself as people like "Ahmad Al Hasan " & his fans and other people that they are very active in social media so they use technology for deceiving people also it said they are using black magic to affect people in dream or receive some information from Jinns to convince people that they have access to unseen also it said in narrations that Imam Mahdi (aj) will defeat a single Dajjal after his reappearance but nothing mentioned about his magic or using technology by last Dajjal but it concludes that he will use anything like magic & technology for collecting his army & fighting with Imam Mahdi (aj) after his reappearance but Dajjal is not powerful as sunni sources are portraying him.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

in shia sources we also have Dajjals that they will emerge as persons that are calling themselves as special deputy of Imam Mahdi (aj)

Walaikum salam brother.

So would there be more than one Dajjal according to the Shia school of thought?

• Veteran Member
On 8/4/2020 at 3:22 AM, modaoudi said:

It is very likely. Some people talk about the similarity between the words "Dajjal" and "digital".

• Advanced Member
On 8/8/2020 at 11:05 AM, randomly curious said:

the magicians threw thier ropes and the ropes became snakes. they did it by taking the powers from satan.

As salaamun aleikum,

I recently heard in a lecture that Prophet Musa wasnt taken aback by the magicians tricks as they were literally tricks, the same stuff we see when todays famous magicians and street performers do things like pull a handkerchief through a cell phone, or walk on water, or any variety of slight-of-hand acts that conjure the mental image in a persons mind that what theyre seeing is reality, when in fact it isnt. I will try to find the lecture, in sha Allah.

W/s

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
21 hours ago, Mariam17 said:

Walaikum salam brother.

So would there be more than one Dajjal according to the Shia school of thought?

:salam: Sister 

It's a narration  from Imam Ali (عليه السلام) that before reappearance  of Imam Mahdi (aj) Dajjals from children of lady Fatima (sa) [ probably two sayed] that their procedure & agenda  is against  teachings of Ahlulbayt  (عليه السلام) & Imam Ali (عليه السلام) that first of them will be from Basra in Iraq that interpretation  of this hadith is that any uprising before reappeance  of Imam Mahdi (aj) even by leadership of anyone from Sayeds that it's agenda  & procedure  & goal is against  teachings  of Ahlulbayt  (عليه السلام) will fail that some people  are accusing leaders of Iran revolution  to being Dajjal althought both Imam Khomeini  (رضي الله عنه) & Khameni  was / is following  procedure of Ahlulbayt  (عليه السلام) in leading revolutionary  but their enemies like a grouplet  from london are accusing to being dajjals althought actions of this grouplet clearly is against  teachings of Ahlulbayt  (عليه السلام) although leaders of this grouplet  are sayeds but use heavy propaganda  against Iran & it's revolution .

https://www.adyannet.com/fa/news/21794

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, shia farm girl said:

As salaamun aleikum,

I recently heard in a lecture that Prophet Musa wasnt taken aback by the magicians tricks as they were literally tricks, the same stuff we see when todays famous magicians and street performers do things like pull a handkerchief through a cell phone, or walk on water, or any variety of slight-of-hand acts that conjure the mental image in a persons mind that what theyre seeing is reality, when in fact it isnt. I will try to find the lecture, in sha Allah.

W/s

It is called shobada