Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

[Sisters Only] Menstruation trouble!

Rate this topic

• Basic Members
Posted (edited)

It is near the time of my month for me so I am awaiting my monthly cycle. This is not the first time I menstruate however, Yesterday before maghrib I noticed dark redish-brown blood on the toilet paper(Only noticable when I patted with tissue) I am doubting if I should perform ghusl istihadha because I dont know if there is such thing as istihadha at the beginning of the cycle. Am I considered on my period. What are the rulings on this. Please if any sister can help, Barak Allah fekum

Edited by Hameedeh
[Sisters Only]
  • Forum Administrators
16 hours ago, fatima86 said:

It is near the time of my month for me so I am awaiting my monthly cycle. This is not the first time I menstruate however, Yesterday before maghrib I noticed dark redish-brown blood on the toilet paper(Only noticable when I patted with tissue) I am doubting if I should perform ghusl istihadha because I dont know if there is such thing as istihadha at the beginning of the cycle. Am I considered on my period. What are the rulings on this. Please if any sister can help, Barak Allah fekum

Salam. Dark blood is one of the signs of menses (menstruation). The number of days of your period is your normal cycle. However, if you bleed longer than 10 days, then those extra days would be considered istihadha. See the links in this post:

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/30563-books-on-family-and-womens-issues/?do=findComment&comment=2796468

• Forum Administrators
On 8/3/2020 at 12:23 PM, fatima86 said:

@fatima86

Salam sister, if it’s near the time of your month then it likely is your menstrual cycle as sometimes the days aren’t always accurate. There are apps available that you can use to help estimate when you may be due on. There is one app called ‘Flo’ which might be of interest to you for future.

Please do follow the link that sister Hameedeh suggested and you can also contact your marjas office for advice too to ask for more info about istihada.

Most sisters I know would take this as a sign that their menstrual cycle has begun. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows best.

• Basic Members

Salam alaykom, my problem is that the blood is very little at the first day and second and third. So do i act upon it as a regular period and exempt my self from prayer

So far the past 2 days i prayed but did wudhu before each prayer. This period came late and is irregular. Just to clarify,when i use a cotton ball it comes out with redish brown stain but not fully covered. If this is my period how will  i know when i have to do ghusl istihadha. Please if anyone knows the answer please share with me. Jazakum Allah khayr