Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

''Allah has not made for a man two hearts in his interior'' 33:4

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

''مَّا جَعَلَ اللَّهُ لِرَجُلٍ مِّن قَلْبَيْنِ فِي جَوْفِهِ''

''Allah has not made for a man two hearts in his interior'' 33:4

It was a sunny day in the summer of 2015. I decided to go to a mixed beach with my best friend like usual in jbeil to sit under the sun, swim and have a nice tan.

In this phase of my conversion I was mentally wavering between the right and wrong, between hell and heaven. I was about to have a break point between my commitment and the earthly lifestyle that I had. My mind was aware of the wholesome idea of this worldly life and it knows where it is situated and what should be done. I was alert of the good and bad in this world as my religion started informing me about them, as Imam Ali (عليه السلام) says من لم يعرف الخير من الشر فهو بمنزلة البهيمة

My actions, my thoughts, and habits were swinging along this mental state I had. I was in a situation contemplating all these hadiths of our religion were they emphasize on the fact that we cannot have both the life of the world and the hereafter. If we want the hereafter we’ll have to sacrifice all this void lifestyle that existed around me at the moment back then… Either suffer a bit, let go of all this and have all the self-security, self-satisfaction that God promised us once doing two things: applying the sharia and being in a state where we always search for knowledge laying behind this sharia since the latter without knowledge is like a body without a soul. It has been proved and documented throughout all the scholars that we, as humans, need to follow the path of Ahlulbayt(عليهم السلام) or perish and live a life that is against the true goal of what this dunya was created for.

That day going to the beach made me experience a crossroad in my life between my Salvation and my Destruction. I went home that day and took my decision to embark on this eternal spiritual journey, I changed my number, deactivated my social media platforms, started praying, and took a vow not to miss a prayer in my whole life. You cannot love this world and the next. You cannot combine two opposite things in one place since it is against nature, the same apply to combining the love of this world and the next in one heart. In order to reach perfection and to reach heaven we should choose it more times than we can count in this life before reaching the next.

So what will you choose? Will it be your lowly temporary pleasures and desires? Will you want to lead a lustful life were your fears, worries, anxiety and wild pleasures are in control of you? Or will you be willing to dwell and reflect deeper into the true meaning behind all that exists around you and lead a journey where your life and feelings are within your grasp?

Edited by yasahebalzaman.313