Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Hijama and islam

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam,

I have read that hijama and blood lettimg was recommended by one of the immams(عليه السلام), how authentic are these narrations? 

The reason I ask this is because cupping is often seen as nonsense by the medical community and blood letting is seen as a big no no, which lead me to question if this practice has benefits or not, if so what are they? 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

Walaikum as salam

Hijama - yes it's a sunnah. 

Blood letting - no (unless you are referring again to hijama?)

I can't find the shia chat forum but someone posted the golden book of medicine and if I remeber it was written that blood letting was recommended not just cupping(hijama)

Edited by HusseinAbbas
  • Moderators
14 minutes ago, HusseinAbbas said:

I can't find the shia chat forum but someone posted the golden book of medicine and if I remeber it was written that blood letting was recommended not just cupping(hijama)

What do you mean by blood letting? A lot of people use this term to refer to acts such as tatbir.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

What do you mean by blood letting? A lot of people use this term to refer to acts such as tatbir.

probably the act of puncturing a vein so the blood gushes out then the vein is closed when enough blood has been removed.

https://www.google.com/search?q=blood+letting&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=ivn&sxsrf=ALeKk01iz8Dt97JD6Hf-Mm63xmvSPceZIw:1596416251436&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjG99H86f3qAhWKgnIEHbawD2kQ_AUoAXoECBEQAQ&biw=360&bih=560&dpr=4#imgrc=xQmsv72dzZAYuM

Edited by HusseinAbbas
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

Cupping predates Islam and it was likely to be believed to be beneficial by some Muslim scholars. But it was probably mere speculation with a placebo. 

Actually it has been addressed in several narrations, so it's not merely something promoted by muslim scholars. It is a sunnah. 

• Veteran Member

It depends on your nature and blood concentration. It is good for those who have a warm nature and a high blood concentration. It is better to do it in the spring (late spring) and in autumn. My husband sometimes does it. It makes him feel better and more lively.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

Sometimes I wish I could debate some of you outside of the forum.

Ok this is my forum, what is it that you want to debate?

I am ready to listen to everything open minded.

Edited by HusseinAbbas