Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sayyid Ammar Nakshawani Charging Thousands $$, Allowed ??

Rate this topic

• Moderators

Here is a  thread regarding Dr. Nakshawani

Really, the reason why I made this thread is related to another thread I made. 

This is the lecture I was talking about 

Like I said in the previous thread, the Tafsir of Surat Al Kauthar helped me deal with a difficult situation I was going thru at the time. Sometimes people don't know how their words will affect others (in a good or bad way). This helped me in a good way. I wanted to say thanks. I thought he or someone close to him might read this, because it's clickbait. Lol. 

• Veteran Member

I got taken in, and thought you had seen the light. This is after all the guy who famously said that those who don’t charge for lectures are a disease.

Anyway, I believe his brother Mortadha is on Twitter. Maybe try sending him a message.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mnakshawani?lang=en

• Moderators

Alhamdullilah, let's spend these holy nights bashing a Shia speaker who makes a lot of Muslims more religious and brings many towards Islam. Let's criticize his lifestyle even though we don't even know him personally.

Even though this was said a few years ago, let's make a thread bringing it back up so we can verbally slaughter him.

Let's speak ill of a speaker whilst I've never sat on a pulpit myself.

Let's make the world wide web know how much I disagree with this speaker, even though I could just email him personally to ask what he means and hence not have his dignity attacked.

Masha'Allah.

Its a pity we are reviving a 9yr old thread. So much for a thank you thread.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, starlight said:

Its a pity we are reviving a 9yr old thread. So much for a thank you thread.

Who said it was a thank you thread for anyone other than @Abu Hadi? He wanted to get in contact with Syed Nakhjavani, and I have him some constructive ways of doing that. I didn’t choose the click bait thread title. And anyway, SAN or someone he knows, is more likely to read the thread if it’s active than if it dies a quick death (which it probably will anyway).

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)

Salaam @Abu Hadi

I don't see anything wrong with any aalim or scholar charging any amount for imparting knowledge on to the community. 

We waste so much money all over the place. This is money well spent and worth every penny.

SAN has done more for Shias on the forefront and behind the scenes than most of us combined.

Edited by ShiaMan14
  • Moderators
13 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Salaam @Abu Hadi

I don't see anything wrong with any aalim or scholar charging any amount for imparting knowledge on to the community. 

We waste so much money all over the place. This is money well spent and worth every penny.

Lolz,have you read the thread he linked? 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2020 at 3:18 PM, Haydar Husayn said:

This is after all the guy who famously said that those who don’t charge for lectures are a disease.

I think his lecture on Youtube is free. Even though some of them is quite lengthy I often enjoy listening to them. But I know he is controversial to some. Maybe a little to "good looking" or "glamour boy" -ish for some peoples taste. I think that Islamic Pulse which I also enjoy listening to had some beef about him at some point. But so what? If you get something positive from a lecture take what is positive and leave the rest. I will definitely prefer Nakshawani to any of the Sunni equivalents like Ali Dawah or Mufti Menk.

Edited by Revert1963
  • Moderators
15 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

I think that Islamic Pulse which I also enjoy listening to had some beef about him at some point. But so what? If you get something positive from a lecture take what is positive and leave the rest. I will definitely prefer Nakshawani to any of the Sunni equivalents like Ali Dawah or Mufti Menk.

I think it's quite disrespectful to Mufti Menk to consider him an equivalent of Ali Dawah. One of them is a man of knowledge while the other is a social media entertainer.

The kid from islamic pulse and Ali Dawah is probably a more appropriate comparison. 

In any case I agree with your overall point. If one doesn't feel they will benefit from Sayed Ammars books or lectures they are free to avoid them. 

Whether one likes him or not it's obvious that he has contributed more time and effort than the majority of his critics.

Guest Honest
17 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

I think his lecture on Youtube is free. Even though some of them is quite lengthy I often enjoy listening to them. But I know he is controversial to some. Maybe a little to "good looking" or "glamour boy" -ish for some peoples taste. I think that Islamic Pulse which I also enjoy listening to had some beef about him at some point. But so what? If you get something positive from a lecture take what is positive and leave the rest. I will definitely prefer Nakshawani to any of the Sunni equivalents like Ali Dawah or Mufti Menk.

Ali Dawah? Yes mufti Menk but Ali Dawah? Lol