Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sino Iranian - Strategic Partnership

Rate this topic

• Forum Administrators

Facts about this putative Sino-Iranian pact are sparse. Beijing is saying little, and the Islamic Republic’s leaders are ducking a backlash from nationalists claiming Iran is about to become a Chinese client-state. An outline of the draft agreement, available in Tehran, speaks of a comprehensive strategic partnership — an investment and security pact for 25 years.

The prospect of an alliance between Iran and China looms large, even if, so far, only in outline. 

https://www.ft.com/content/defa9de2-d4cd-4f7e-b987-4a8b6038bd37

Guest Guest

Assalamalaikum,

I think this is a bad idea for Iran, because China is known to oppress Muslims.

Plus, once China gets a hold of Iran, it will be treated the same way as African Countries and Pakistan under China, debt trap and abuse

I also do wonder, is this the reason Khamenei is not speaking out on Uyghurs and other Muslim minorities? If there is any ACTUAL counterpoints to this that do not come from sources that are known to use Chinese money, that would be appreciated.

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
On 7/30/2020 at 6:49 PM, Guest Guest said:

Plus, once China gets a hold of Iran, it will be treated the same way as African Countries and Pakistan under China, debt trap and abuse

lt is a "debt trap" only if lRl allows this. 

On 7/30/2020 at 6:49 PM, Guest Guest said:

I also do wonder, is this the reason Khamenei is not speaking out on Uyghurs and other Muslim minorities?

There isn't a Iot that lRI can do without the US "pouncing."  Also, back in the 90s when China began "control operations" in Xinjiang, lRI openly acknowledged that this is SCO related.

ADDED: Personally, l guess by now, China realizes that this re-education camps program and all have been a waste of time and money when normal economic integration would/will be more fruitful. Beijing shouldn't have listen to Western 'advice' and writings in this. They knew the Uyghurs better than anyone else.

Edited by hasanhh
Guest Guest Guest
On 8/4/2020 at 2:52 AM, hasanhh said:

lt is a "debt trap" only if lRl allows this. 

There isn't a Iot that lRI can do without the US "pouncing."  Also, back in the 90s when China began "control operations" in Xinjiang, lRI openly acknowledged that this is SCO related.

ADDED: Personally, l guess by now, China realizes that this re-education camps program and all have been a waste of time and money when normal economic integration would/will be more fruitful. Beijing shouldn't have listen to Western 'advice' and writings in this. They knew the Uyghurs better than anyone else.

You are correct in that IRI is the one who have the control to make Chinese money a debt trap

However, how can the IRI not callout the Uyghurs, the IRI has called out Israel, Myanmar, and Saudi Arabia, despite US "pouncing", why can't they do the same for the Uyghurs. As bad as Erdogan is, at least he briefly called China out(though he is now kicking out all Uyghurs from Turkey)

Also what does IRI acknowledging it is SCO related have to do with anything?

Also another thing is that China is not stopping the "re-education camps", these are concentration camps, they are making the Uyghurs not fast, making them drink alcohol, and other horrible and haram things.

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, Guest Guest Guest said:

However, how can the IRI not callout the Uyghurs, . . .

Go back to the news reports nearly thirty years ago. China had this nasty problem with Ma Li and his murderous campaign in Inner Mongolia. Ma Li was trying to gain leadership of some Sufi group. He and ~300 others were finally killed out by the PLA. This and other things precipitated creation of the SCO.

Guest Guest Guest
5 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Go back to the news reports nearly thirty years ago. China had this nasty problem with Ma Li and his murderous campaign in Inner Mongolia. Ma Li was trying to gain leadership of some Sufi group. He and ~300 others were finally killed out by the PLA. This and other things precipitated creation of the SCO.

So you are justifying the plight of Uyghurs and other Muslim minorities for what some (perhaps fictional) character named Ma Li did?

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, Guest Guest Guest said:

So you are justifying the plight of Uyghurs and other Muslim minorities for what some (perhaps fictional) character named Ma Li did?

No.

An explanation does not constitute an endorsement. :ko:

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, Guest Guest Guest said:

Also another thing is that China is not stopping the "re-education camps", these are concentration camps, they are making the Uyghurs not fast, making them drink alcohol, and other horrible and haram things.

This is something troubling me as well. Although I know a lot of Uyghur men were used by Turkey to join ISIS, I still feel bad for the innocent women and children. I don’t know what Iran’s plan is but I hope they elaborate soon.

Allah hu alam.

• Advanced Member

I don't mean to undermine the injustice that's taking place but it's important to know which side is pushing which narrative. And I think that's why IRI has not yet given a statement about the situation because we don't really have all the necessary information (the truth) about it. And also weirdly, the West is condemning (Pompeo etc.) China yet they are the same who bomb and starve other Muslims in Yemen. It's all about agenda not the truth.