Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I really need some urgent advice help as my life at the moment constructively messed up by bad habits

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I don't want to sleep at night because of nightmares and the pain of it . I have very negative and even sad dreams. I'm very addicted to Monster Energy drink and I drink a big one everyday that even that I feel it's not enough . I'm also very mistakenly addicted to the internet. I spend the nights on the internet and time is going way too fast for me. I end up sleeping after Fajr prayer and wake up at 5 pm . Please advise me what to do in such bad habits . I have so much energy at night

• Veteran Member
On 7/28/2020 at 4:44 AM, Strong Foundation said:

I don't want to sleep at night because of nightmares and the pain of it . I have very negative and even sad dreams. I'm very addicted to Monster Energy drink and I drink a big one everyday that even that I feel it's not enough . I'm also very mistakenly addicted to the internet. I spend the nights on the internet and time is going way too fast for me. I end up sleeping after Fajr prayer and wake up at 5 pm . Please advise me what to do in such bad habits . I have so much energy at night

Re adjust your life, so you get proper sleep and limit your internet time. 

• Advanced Member
On 7/28/2020 at 4:44 AM, Strong Foundation said:

Alright.  Know why the things you do are just very harmful to you:

Monster Energy = Borrowed Energy (Not internal true energy from your body) = Taking a toll on your body =  An Early Heart Attack.

Not Sleeping At Night = Not Following the Carcadian Rythm = Diseases and Early death.

Addicted or watching the internet (or any computer, TV or phone screen) = Exposure to Blue Light after sunset = Insufficient Melatonin production = Gradual onset of insomnia = Everything above.

All of these things are connected as you can notice.  You drink energy drinks + you expose yourself to blue light (electronic screen) at night is the cause for why you cannot sleep at night.  

My recommendation:

Cut the Monster Drinks ASAP.  (know that you are drinking poison, I know someone who actually died due to drinking too many Monster Drinks)

Keep your electronic devises far away in another room on another floor and keep them all on flight mode with the 3G-4G-5G turned off!  Don't keep your lights on after sunset, use candle lights if you have to, but don't use any other light.  And pop a melatonin pill after sunset to increase your melatonin production and fall asleep!  Wake up early in the morning an get a nice a work out.  

Stay safe.

Ethereal

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

Question: My dreams are nightmares. Would you please show me a cure to my bad predicament before my youth wastes away?

The answer: Some dreams – as psychologists have proven – are a reflection of one’s psychological worry during wakefulness. To cure yourself, you have to follow the following points:

1. Purify your daily activities from unlawful things and if something unlawful takes place, purify it by asking Allah for forgiveness!

2. Be satisfied with what Allah has given you of wealth, beauty, health and the like!

3. Perform ablution (wudu’) before sleeping and recite a portion of the Holy Qur'an, and when you lie in your bed, think of what you have recited or try to sleep while thinking good thoughts!

4. Be certain that those who have been happy in their lives have faced problems too and that their lives are not free from troubles now, but they are well aware that worry is a problem much greater than those problems. So why would they increase their troubles by worrying when they need to decrease them?

5. Remind yourself of your good actions and successful deeds and do not think of your failures and shortcomings! Every one has bright pages in his life and even the successful and great people are not free from defects. Dear young man, set out in the way towards Allah the Almighty and rely on Him!

https://www.al-islam.org/better-future-abdul-adheem-al-muhtadi-al-bahrani/part-1-what-youth-need

• Advanced Member
On 7/28/2020 at 10:44 AM, Strong Foundation said:

I have very negative and even sad dreams.

I suffered from a somewhat similar problem. Along with all the other advice mentioned above, try playing the recitation of Surat al Baqarah on your phone to ward off any evil jin.

• Advanced Member

Assalamualaikum, 

I have dealt with this issue earlier too and alhumdulillah I overcame it. To me personally, it was the intention and perspective that mattered. I realised that I had no schedule or routine to follow everyday and hence was constantly worried about a lot of things. Ended up dreaming about some of them as well. I came across a few videos of Ali Reza Panahian where he says how religion is a program for a better life. It made a lot of sense to me. His videos changed my perspective and outlook on life. 

There's also a hadith from Imam Al-Kadhim (عليه السلام) from Tuhaf Al Uqool, pg 409 :

"Strive to divide your day into 4. For God, For Livelihood, For your loved ones, For You."

And so I made a schedule for myself, and I try my best to stick to it. Though I mess up a little sometimes due to my laziness, but it worked for me. I'd recommend trying something like this. 

• Advanced Member
On 7/28/2020 at 3:14 PM, Strong Foundation said:

Lower you habbits day by day e.g if you drink 1 ltr of that drink everyday tommorow drink 900 ml and same to internet download digital wellbeing and check for how much time you use mobile and if it is 10 hours tommorow use only for 9:30 hours and same with sleep if you sleep at 2:00 am tommorowsleep at 1:30 am and that way keep lowering it best way i have found to create and destroy habits and use the cue routine reward method e.g if you dink monster emergy you get such type of pleasure find another way that gives you same type of pleasure e.g play football instead of mobile as both are sources of enetertainment