Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sunnis Tell me if you think Muawiya was a good person and why.

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Ansur Shiat Ali said:

:bismillah:

:salam:

Plz don't curse Muawiya, or any other person in your posts, Doing that will only make our relations worse.

These kinds of sentiment are common within the Salafis sect, but generally it is perceived by most Sunnis that the companions are all just. 

Edited by power
  • Advanced Member

Just putting it out there I have never understood the glorification of Muawiyah. Well I do because it opens up a can of worms :D Most of these pro-Muawiyah types refuse to look at any alternate sources like Mutazili Sunnis who had no problem exposing his actions. It is very strange indeed I think some people point to his wordly feats, but for us Shia the love of 'Ali comes before this world.

Can I get a Ya Ali?

Guest Guest

Well he was related to the prophet.He spent  time with the prophet in a state of Iman which makes him a companion of the prophet. 
His rule was an astounding success which took the Islamic empire to heights never seen before. 
How many millions accepted Islam directly due to his rule and conquests. 
Allah Ta’ala has promised all who attended Battle of Tabook  with Al-Husnaa (Paradise) 
Only the hypocrites, 3 genuine muslims(who were later forgiven) and those who weren’t able to attend due to illness remained behind. 
Muawiya took part in Tabook hence has been promised paradise. 
If anyone has a problem with that they should take it up with Allah Ta’ala. 

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2020 at 8:31 AM, Guest Guest said:

Allah Ta’ala has promised all who attended Battle of Tabook  with Al-Husnaa (Paradise) 
Only the hypocrites, 3 genuine muslims(who were later forgiven) and those who weren’t able to attend due to illness remained behind. 

Salam Muawiah (la) was also from hypocrites that participated in battle also he was one of hypocrites  that tried to assassinate prophet  Muhammad (pbu) in returning  after battle of Tabook in way of Medina that he cursed by prophet  Muhammad  (pbu) & fired from mosque by him which Sheikh Farhan Maleki approved  this report .

Then Muawiyah was in Tabuk, and he tried with his father to assassinate the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) in Aqaba of Tabuk , but Allah  saved him.And the story of that assassination was mentioned by Allah in his book by saying, “They were ill with what they did not obtain.” He was with Abu Sufyan and Muawiyah, others who reached to fourteen men, so he cursed them. after returning of prophet  from battle of Tabuk , he fired the people the people  that tried to assassinate him from mosque , and cursed them , that Abu Sufian and his son Muawiah and Utbah were among then !and document is true (Sahih)

ثم كان معاوية في تبوك، وحاول مع أبيه اغتيال النبي ص في عقبة تبوك، ولكن الله سلم.
وقصة الاغتيال تلك ذكرها الله في كتابه بقوله {وهموا بما لم ينالوا}، وكان مع أبي سفيان ومعاوية آخرون بلغوا أربعة عشر رجلاً، فلعنهم، ثم بعد عودة النبي من غزوة تبوك، أخرج الذين حاولوا اغتياله من المسجد، ولعنهم، وكان منهم أبو سفيان وابناه معاوية وعتبة! والسند صحيح 

https://almaliky.org/subject.php?id=1001

https://www.revisitingthesalaf.com/2012/02/companions-attempt-to-kill-prophet.html

They contemplated what they could not achieve,

http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.qarai/9:74

also at end of his life according to advice of a physician  he denounced  religion of prophet  Muhammad (pbu) & wore a cross on his neck that  he died with this condition as someone as someone  out of Ummah (community) of prophet Muhammad (pbu) as prophet (Pbu)  prophecized his miserable death.

Ibn Hazim:

وأما حديث حذيفة فساقط لأنه من طريق الوليد بن جميع وهو هالك ولا نراه يعلم من وضع الحديث فإنه قد روى أخبارا فيها أن أبا بكر وعمر وعثمان وطلحة وسعد بن أبي وقاص رضي الله عنهم أرادوا قتل النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم وإلقاءه من العقبة في تبوك وهذا هو الكذب الموضوع

"Hudhaifah's hadeeth is false, because it is narrated through Walid ibn Jumai – he is unreliable – it seems he does not know who fabricated the hadeeth, because he narrated many reports in which state that Aboo Bakr, Umar, Uthmaan, Talha and Sa’d ibn Abi Waqas, attempted to murder the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) by pushing him over from Al-Uqbah during Tabuk. This is a fabricated lie!"

Source: Al-Muhalla. Vol. 11, Pg. # 224.
Ibn Hazim explicitly reveals that there are numerous reports through Walid ibn Jumai in which the identities of the Munafiqeen were revealed. The names of those who attempted to kill the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) were Aboo Bakr, Umar, Uthmaan, Talha and Sa'ad ibn Abi Waqas. But these narrations are nowhere to be found in any books of the present day so-called 'Ahl us Sunnah.' Where have these narrations gone? Is there an attempt to cover this plot?

Who Is Walid ibn Jumai?

Saheeh Muslim is a collection of hadeeth compiled by Muslim ibn Al-Hajjaj. His collection is considered to be one of the most authentic collections of the Sunnah of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) according to the so-called 'Ahl us Sunnah,' along with Saheeh Al-Bukhari where both form the "Sahihain," or the "Two Sahihs." This can also be confirmed in the following clip. At 5 mins 25 seconds, Tahir ul Qadri states, "There is a consensus of the people of 'Ahl ul Ilm' (people of knowledge) that everything that is reported in Saheeh Bukhari and Saheeh Muslim is that it is definitely Saheeh (Authentic)!"

https://www.revisitingthesalaf.com/2012/02/companions-attempt-to-kill-prophet.html

Incidents on the Way
Assassination Attempt against Prophet Muhammad (s) in 'Aqaba
On the way back to Medina, some tried to assassinate Prophet Muhammad (s). God informed the Prophet (s) and he told Hudhayfa and 'Ammar b. Yasir to accompany him. The hypocrites who were hiding their faces tried to scare the camel of Prophet Muhammad (s), but Hudhayfa confronted them and they ran away. Then Prophet (s) revealed the names of those hypocrites to Hudhayfa and 'Ammar b. Yasir.

Hudhayfa asked Prophet Muhammad (s) to send someone to slay them, but Prophet (s) refused and said: "I don't want people to say, Prophet managed to achieve victory by the support of his men, now he is killing them."

http://en.wikishia.net/view/Battle_of_Tabuk

The Hypocrites Plot Against The Holy Prophet

The Prophet stayed in Tabuk for ten days20 and returned to Madina after dispatching Khalid to Dowmah. Twelve hypocrites, out of whom eight were from amongst Quraysh and the remaining four were the inhabitants of Madina, decided to scare the camel of the Prophet from the top of a defile situated on the route between Madina and Syria and to make him fall into the valley.

https://www.al-islam.org/the-message-ayatull

Qais reported:

I said to 'Ammar: What is your opinion about that which you have done in case (of your siding with Hadrat 'Ali)? Is it your personal opinion or something you got from Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)? 'Ammar said: We have got nothing from Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) which people at large did not get, but Hudhaifa told me that Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) had especially told him amongst his Companion, that there would be twelve hypocrites out of whom eight would not get into Paradise, until a camel would be able to pass through the needle hole. The ulcer would be itself sufficient (to kill) eight. So far as four are concerned, I do not remember what Shu'ba said about them ( Dubaila (ulcer) would be enough to (torment them) -a kind of flame of Fire which would appear in their shoulders and it would protrude from their chest.)

https://sunnah.com/muslim/51/12

https://sunnah.com/muslim/51/13

https://sunnah.com/search?q=الدبيلة

Edited by Ashvazdanghe
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2020 at 5:01 AM, Guest Guest said:

Well he was related to the prophet.He spent  time with the prophet in a state of Iman which makes him a companion of the prophet. 
His rule was an astounding success which took the Islamic empire to heights never seen before. 

He invalidated all of this by fighting the imam of his time and plunging the Ummah into civil war. His claim to fame was fighting the master of the believers - Imam 'Ali - what a disgrace. Once he had this done he then passed the caliphate onto his son Yazid. Not only this but he made Ziyad ibn Abihi his brother who ruthlessly hunted down Shia and killed them. He and Mu'awiyah paid people to fabricate virtues about the shaikhayn and about Imam 'Ali. The ignorance of this Ummah today is still partly due to Muawiyah ibn Abi Sufyan and his legacy lives on today. He may have "brought Islam to millions" but these millions do not understand the basic facts and how their deen has been so distorted, often through ruthless tactics. If you have any love of the ahl al-Bayt you will realise this man is cursed despite his worldly feats. Imam 'Ali called him fasiq in Tabari so how can a believer be a fasiq?

https://www.al-islam.org/sulh-peace-treaty-imam-al-hasan-shaykh-radi-aal-yasin/muawiya-and-shia-ali-peace-be-him

Read with an open mind!

Edited by gharib570
  • Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam Muawiah (la) was also from hypocrites that participated in battle also he was one of hypocrites  that tried to assassinate prophet  Muhammad (pbu) in returning  after battle of Tabook in way of Medina that he cursed by prophet  Muhammad  (pbu) & fired from mosque by him which Sheikh Farhan Maleki approved  this report .

also at end of his life according to advice of a physician  he denounced  religion of prophet  Muhammad (pbu) & wore a cross on his neck that  he died with this condition as someone as someone  out of Ummah (community) of prophet Muhammad (pbu) as prophet (Pbu)  prophecized his miserable death.

This Qais is Sulaym ;)

• Advanced Member
On 7/18/2020 at 12:01 AM, Guest Guest said:

Muawiya is a cursed person, the Quran, Surat al Kafirun says,

109_1.png 

109_2.png

109_3.png

109_4.png

109_5.png

109_6.png

1. Say: "O unbelievers,
2. I do not worship what you worship,
3. Nor do you worship who I worship,
4. Nor will I worship what you worship,
5. Nor will you worship who I worship:
6. To you is your way, to me is my way

Keep in mind the this Surah was reveled in Mecca, that means that when it says "Say O unbelievers." It's talking about the people who didn't accept Islam before the Hijra, Like Abu Sufyan and Muawiya.

Now you might say, well he accepted Islam during the Conquest of Mecca. Well, he did that to save his life.

As and Empire, yes. As for if he was just and a good person, NO. All his conquering was for power, not for the Religion of Islam. Remember that he fought Imam Ali (عليه السلام) at Siffin, and bribed the army of Imam al Hasan (عليه السلام), the unjust and haram way he got to power is enough to show how cursed he is.

The people accepted Islam by force and in fear of their lives, forcing people to join Islam is contrary to what the Quran says,

لَا إِكْرَاهَ فِي الدِّينِ

There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion.

(2:256)

Say I went to Tabook, after that I started doing Haram and not Praying (astghfirallah) would I still go to heaven? 

What did the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) say about Muawiya,

Ibn Abbas reported:

I was playing with children that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) happened to pass by (us). I hid myself behind the door. He (the Prophet) came and patted my shoulders and said: Go and call Mu'awiya. I returned and said: He is busy in taking food. He again asked me to go and call Mu'awiya to him. I went (and came back) and said that he was busy in taking food, whereupon he said: MAY ALLAH NOT FILL HIS BELLY! Ibn Muthanna, said: I asked Umm Umayya what he meant by the word Hatani. He said: It means "he patted my shoulders."

"Sahih" Muslim Hadith 6720

https://sunnah.com/muslim/45/125 <------- Here is a link 

companion of the prophet.

Lol, "Companion of the Prophet." digging up the graves including the Grave of Hamza (عليه السلام),

Companions of “Muawiya” fulfilled his order and while digging the grave of Hadrat Hamza (عليه السلام), an axe hit his leg and blood flowed.

“Muhammad ibn Sa’ad” says in “Al-Tabaqat al-Kubra”:

أَخْبَرَنَا شِهَابُ بْنُ عَبَّادٍ الْعَبْدِيُّ، قَالَ: أَخْبَرَنَا عَبْدُ الْجَبَّارِ بْنُ وَرْدٍ، عَنِ الزُّبَيْرِ، عَنْ جَابِرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، قَالَ: " لَمَّا أَرَادَ مُعَاوِيَةُ أَنْ يُجْرِيَ عَيْنَهُ الَّتِي بِأُحُدٍ كَتَبُوا إِلَيْهِ: إِنَّا لا نَسْتَطِيعُ أَنْ نُجْرِيَهَا إِلا عَلَي قُبُورِ الشُّهَدَاءِ "، قَالَ: " فَكَتَبَ: انْبُشُوهُمْ "، قَالَ: " فَرَأَيْتُهُمْ يُحْمَلُونَ عَلَي أَعْنَاقِ الرِّجَالِ كَأَنَّهُمْ  قَوْمٌ نِيَامٌ، وَأَصَابَتِ الْمِسْحَاةُ طَرَفَ رِجْلِ حَمْزَةَ بْنِ عَبْدِ الْمُطَّلِبِ فَانْبَعَثَتْ دَمًا "

“Jabir bin Abdullah” says: when “Muawiyah” intended to run his creek that was in “Uhud”, his agents sent letter to him and said: it’s not possible, unless we run it through the graves of martyrs, “Muawiyah” wrote in response: dig the graves. Narrator says: I saw people who were roughhousing {to pass each other digging the graves}, While digging grave, an axe hit Hadrat Hamzah’s leg and blood flowed.

“Al-Tabaqat al-Kubra” – vol. 3, p 10

https://www.valiasr-aj.com/english/shownews.php?idnews=539 <----------Look at this website for more Hadith.

This is more than enough proof to prove Muawiya is cursed.

• Veteran Member

Muawiyah reign was not a time of imperial greatness either he was resting on the laurels of the conquests done during the rashidun caliphate.His siege of constantinople was a failure, his biggest success was in governing Syria everything else was being done as the same way as in time of rashidun.His policy failure was clearly evident in iraq and hijaz , he failed in 20 yrs to win over these provinces and laid the seeds of the coming 2nd fitna by his high handed rule  [ what happened to his hilm when dealing with supporters of Ali ?]

So no from a purely worldly standpoint too muawiyah rule was nothing more than a temporary status quo , more lasting empire builder was abdul Malik b marwan 

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2020 at 11:01 PM, Guest Guest said:

Indeed brother  and those who participated in uprising and  killing of ibn Affan took part in Bayt ridhwan and attended battles after that may Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) grant them paradise as well 

Edited by Panzerwaffe
  • Advanced Member
On 7/27/2020 at 1:26 PM, dika_xan said:

I heard from one famous Sunni scholar in my country that Imam Hussain AS rejected Muawiya because he insulted Imam Ali AS.

Muawiya started the cursing of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) and it went on for almost a century. 

• Veteran Member
On 7/15/2020 at 7:28 PM, Ansur Shiat Ali said:

Plz don't curse Muawiya, or any other person in your posts, Doing that will only make our relations worse.

There are chapters in Sahih Muslim for most companions of the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) where hadiths are mentioned for their virtues. But in this book  there is no single chapter mentioned for any virtues of Muawyia thus it confirms the view that he is not considered by sunni sheikh as a pious / virtuous companion.

wasalam

• Veteran Member
28 minutes ago, Muslim2010 said:

There are chapters in Sahih Muslim for most companions of the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) where hadiths are mentioned for their virtues. But in this book  there is no single chapter mentioned for any virtues of Muawyia thus it confirms the view that he is not considered by sunni sheikh as a pious / virtuous companion.

wasalam

There very few if any hadith about the vast majority of sahaba , that does not prove he was a bad companion but his actions certainly does.

Most hadith about major companions were likely invented for political reasons but no way to be sure.

Many were invented for muawiyah as well but were so bogus that even Sunni muhadith do not fully endorse them

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

There very few if any hadith about the vast majority of sahaba , that does not prove he was a bad companion but his actions certainly does.

Most hadith about major companions were likely invented for political reasons but no way to be sure.

Many were invented for muawiyah as well but were so bogus that even Sunni muhadith do not fully endorse them

The only hadith of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) when he talks about Muawiya that is 100% Sahih (in the 6 "Sunni" books) is 'May Allah not fill his belly!'

"Ibn Abbas reported:

I was playing with children that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) happened to pass by (us). I hid myself behind the door. He (the Prophet) came and patted my shoulders and said: Go and call Mu'awiya. I returned and said: He is busy in taking food. He again asked me to go and call Mu'awiya to him. I went (and came back) and said that he was busy in taking food, whereupon he said: May Allah not fill his belly! Ibn Muthanna, said: I asked Umm Umayya what he meant by the word Hatani. He said: It means "he patted my shoulders."

"Sahih" Muslim Hadith #6298

https://sunnah.com/muslim/45/125

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

Muawiyyah is better than all of you Here that speak I’ll about him.  
 Lol

The OP of the forum asked if and why you like him not only if you like him.

Edited by HusseinAbbas
Guest Pschological Warfare

A school admits ALL students, A Teacher teaches ALL students. However the Test determines what a Student has learned. Or s/he wanted his/her time. 

A Divine Teacher invites ALL to the Divine Message. Discrimination is not allowed. So, to say why did the School/Teacher admit the student is not valid.

After the Conquest of Mecca- ALL were admitted to the Ummah. To be "reformed". Some did and some did not reform. They had no desire to reform, they undermined the System which over took them. 

Now there are few kinds of people. 

1) Since they went to the school and were in the class of this Teacher. They were ALL good. ( 1400 years of State sponsored indoctrination) 

2) The "Revered Personalities" backed some, so no matter what the evidence these will have to be defended at ALL cost, Since the recognition that these people were supported and promoted and helped by the revered personalities - will eventually bring the revered personalities status down. So- It can't happen. 

Conclusion- Unless you want them to bring down the entire Sect and nullify their Sect. Propaganda/support/justification of the Evil ones who were admitted to the Ummah to be reformed but failed the Test-  will have to continue. 

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Lol

We pray you may be kept with Muawiya and his son Yazeed LA , in hereafter as you like him. Lol

Edited by Muslim2010
  • Advanced Member
17 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Lol

Tell me why the person who fought Imam Ali (عليه السلام), paid for the poisoning of Imam al Hasan (عليه السلام), and Dug up the graves of the martyrs of Uhud including Hamza (عليه السلام), is a good person

• Advanced Member
On 8/3/2020 at 10:34 PM, eThErEaL said:

Lol

Still waiting for an answer.

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
On 8/11/2020 at 5:02 PM, dika_xan said:

My scholar said "Better leave it to Allah"

Yes Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has given the time to Satan and his followers till the day of judgement and then they will be certainly punished.

But one should use logic in the light of verses of Quran, hadith and truth mentioned in history to get the guidance for  Haq / truth instead of closing the eyes. wasalam

Edited by Muslim2010
  • Basic Members

Salam Alaykum

In this hadith it shows that cursing Imam Ali was commonplace ,

Sahih Muslim Book 44, Hadith 50 (The Book of the Merits of the Companions):

Amir b. Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas reported on the authority of his father that Muawiya b. Abi Sufyan appointed Sa'd as the Governor and said:

What prevents you from abusing Abu Turab (Hadrat 'Ali), whereupon be said: It is because of three things which I remember Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) having said about him that I would not abuse him and even if I find one of those three things for me, it would be more dear to me than the red camels. I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) say about 'Ali as he left him behind in one of his campaigns (that was Tabuk). 'Ali said to him: Allah's Messenger, you leave me behind along with women and children. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said to him: Aren't you satisfied with being unto me what Aaron was unto Moses but with this exception that there is no prophethood after me. And I (also) heard him say on the Day of Khaibar: I would certainly give this standard to a person who loves Allah and his Messenger, and Allah and his Messenger love him too. He (the narrator) said: We had been anxiously waiting for it, when he (the Holy Prophet) said: Call 'Ali. He was called and his eyes were inflamed. He applied saliva to his eyes and handed over the standard to him, and Allah gave him victory. (The third occasion is this) when the (following) verse was revealed: "Let us summon our children and your children." Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) called 'Ali, Fatima, Hasan and Husain and said: O Allah, they are my family.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sahih Muslim hadith number 6970 that Umm e Salmah narrated that

"Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said: A band of rebels would kill Ammar".

This is a famous tradition in which Rasulullah (s) had made it clear that the murderers of Ammar WERE rebels of Islam - Ammar's martyrdom at the hands of Mu'awiya's forces at Sifeen is clear unequivocal proof that Mu'awiya was a rebel against Islam.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We read in Sahih Muslim Book 038, Number 6688:

"Qais reported: I said to 'Ammar: What is your opinion about that which you have done in case (of your siding with Hadrat 'Ali)? Is it your personal opinion or something you got from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)? 'Ammar said: We have got nothing from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) which people at large did not get, but Hudhaifa told me that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) had especially told him amongst his Companion, that there would be twelve hypocrites out of whom eight would not get into Paradise, until a camel would be able to pass through the needle hole. The ulcer would be itself sufficient (to kill) eight. So far as four are concerned, I do not remember what Shu'ba said about them".