Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Zeynab

I want to wear hijab but my mom wont let me

Rate this topic

Guest Zeynab

Asalmuailakum brothers and sisters,

Im 10 and i want ot wear hijab but my mom wont let me. Wenever i put hijab to go out she wont let me. Last time i said no when she said to take it of and she also said.

<< Next time you put the hijab on, ill shave your hair>> 

What i did i took wudu went to the basement and prayed asr.

Will my mom get sin?

Is it right to desobey a humain being or your parents if it calls desobeyance to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)?

Please who ever see this and know about hijab, please reply.

Thank you

Born in the religion of Islam.  

I'm not knowledgeable, but here's what I think: Keep it up, she'll get tired and get used to it eventually. But you won't since you love Allah. I think the only time you're allowed to disobey your parents is when they try to make you do something haram

Edited by guest 2025

Waalaikumasslam,

6 hours ago, Guest Zeynab said:

Im 10 and i want ot wear hijab but my mom wont let me. Wenever i put hijab to go out she wont let me. Last time i said no when she said to take it of and she also said.

It's a really good thing that you want to cling to the hijab, regardless of what your mother says. 

When does she ask you to remove it? If you're at home, around family members, then it is not necessary to wear the hijab all the time, though it is recommended.

Will my mom get sin?

Don't judge her. Leave that to Allah.

Is it right to desobey a humain being or your parents if it calls desobeyance to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)?

I have read somewhere that it is right to disobey someone who takes you away from Allah.

Parents must be respected, but obedience to them is Haraam if they ask you to do sin. Hijab is wajib. It's good that you want to follow Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and obey him. Stick to Hijab and respectfully ignore what your mum or anyone else tells you to do sin. Respect and follow parents as long as it doesn't have any opposition to Allah orders.

I do dua for you. May Allah grant you the حیا and Hijab of Lady Fatimah سلام علیها and accompany you with her in hereafter